Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 8th, 2007, 12:28 AM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
Thankfully, all of my friends are life-long gamers, so there is never any trouble finding somebody to play with. The only problem is deciding which game to play. We have so many good games to choose from, it's sometimes difficult to want to spend the time setting up a huge map for an even huger battle. We play D&D (and other RPG's) every Saturday, so we can't leave a good Heroscape map on the table for weeks at a time. I really just need another room dedicated to Heroscape. I do sometimes leave a map on the table during the week and play several solo matches, especially if I have a new custom unit I want to try out.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:20 AM

Panther has disabled reputation
Well, my main opponent is my Fiance, and we usually play once or twice a week schedules permitting. Also usually have one or more people over once a week to play when possible. I am the only one with any sets or figures, so I have to supply everything basically, but I have enough figs and terrain that we did a 6 person mini tourney a couple weeks ago.

Had three maps set up and played it out pretty hardcore by full tournament time count. I won all three matches and came out in first place. It was pretty cool and we all learned a lot from it. Time pressure gives a whole new dimension to the gameplay.

So in our little cluster there is Me, my Fiance, and I think a total of 6 others on a really good day, but two of them have only been able to play once and have had scheduling conflicts since, but are really interested. We hope to eventually grow into a decent Heroscape community and hit one of the tournaments. Maybe the Beantown Beatdown if we can shake down well in the next couple weeks.
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:30 AM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
Sadly I usually don't have anyone else to play with. However, I am content to playing by myself, as I always win every game! (and I lose every game too technically). I like using the automated rules though, so I don't feel like such a dork.

Old August 8th, 2007, 10:48 AM

jodokast is surprisingly tart
I have two friends who really like to play. I had a third, but he moved away. I've also gotten half a dozen other people to try the game, and they liked it, but I haven't played with them since.

Also, none of my friends really have their own collections, so w are always drafting from my collection.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dane
I also play with my son. Markwars, you are really lucky to have all those gamers to play with.
Yeah, the DFW crew is a great bunch... at least from what I can tell on the forums. Their mulitiple pleasant persona's could just be a grand conspiracy, and they're all just a buncha jerks...
They're onto us! Cheese it!

Old August 8th, 2007, 11:27 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Quote:
Quote:
I also play with my son. Markwars, you are really lucky to have all those gamers to play with.
Yeah, the DFW crew is a great bunch... at least from what I can tell on the forums. Their mulitiple pleasant persona's could just be a grand conspiracy, and they're all just a buncha jerks...
Sadly, they're far LESS surly in person - what a letdown
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
I play mostly with Ciciman (Tracy, my wife) but on weekends I get together to play with my friend, Aaron and his wife, who introduced me to the game. Aaron's friends Robert and Renato come over to play, frequently, as well. We mainly play 2v2 or 2v2v2.

Then I also play with my friend Earl or my cousin, Sam, who both love the game. When we have our regular Village Games HeroScape get-togethers, I get to play with Tchop (who rocks), Nezime and his g/f, or Slade (only played with Slade once, though, but he's really good at it, just like Tchop).

I'm thankful that I have enough gamer-type friends around, and my awesome wife, to be able to play quite regularly.
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah we're nothing but wussies.

Old August 8th, 2007, 12:10 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
I never really have anyone to play Heroscape with it's pretty lame....
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:19 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah we're nothing but wussies.
That doesn't surprize me.

I play mostly with my son (5 -- soon to be 6), and sometimes with my nephew (9 -- soon to be 10).
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

Wussies that will kick your butt.

Old August 8th, 2007, 12:31 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Wussies that will kick your butt.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion