Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 1-21

Thanks for the reply Soundwrap. I was overestimating them; but I still think you should max the bonus to +3. The Wyvern+Slaves+Dund+Q9+Raelin+x amout of deathreavers could shut down an army with a large common core. Though that might not be a bad thing...

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:00 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe to fix the Trampling charge power add in a sentence, such as if Herok takes enough damage to be destroyed while charging he must immediately end his charge and be removed from the game.
However another idea would be he can't take any leaving engagements attack while charging but can only charge if he is unengaged or not adjacent to a large or huge figure.
Last thought, you could make it that if he takes damage while charging, he ignores all wounds and instead ends his charge(however that makes little sense with lava or falling damage).
I think I read somewhere that most insects can with stand and survive immense falls do to having an exoskeleton as opposed to an endoskeleton, so an interesting power for him would be that he is impervious to falling damage and maybe "double" (I don't know what the next level of falling damage is) falling damage. This power would fix the falling damage in trampling charge.
By the way love the sculpt.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; January 22nd, 2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: medium is not the same as huge, added another idea
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Hmm, that's not how it's supposed to work. The idea was to extend his reach 2 levels past his height and 2 levels lower than his base. I thought that’s how the wording works.

“If the attacking figure is within 2 clear line of sight spaces of Hattori Hajime, and its base is no more than 2 levels above Hattori's height or its height no more than 2 levels below Hattori's base,”

Or am I just totally off base here?
An adjacent figure is within 2 clear line of sight spaces, and thus is subject to the same 2 levels above or below restriction that figures two spaces away are. So with this wording he can't counter strike adjacent figures more than two levels above or below him, like normal counter strike can.
But the restriction isn't for the attacking figures base to be 2 levels or less above Hattori's base, its 2 levels or less above his height. Likewise, for attacks from bellow, it compares the attacking figures height to Hattori's base.

Quote:
I've been on a kick lately about simplicity of designs. Trampling Charge gives him lots of character and playability already. Additionally, I like seeing weak points in units; if Charging Strike is meant to shore up one of his only weak points, you should take a second look at it. But I'm not strongly opinionated on this particular issue, and it's your unit to decide what is best. Just a suggestion.
I'm kind of torn on this one. I can see reasons to keep the power and reasons to ditch it, I think I’ll just think on it awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Thanks for the reply Soundwrap. I was overestimating them; but I still think you should max the bonus to +3. The Wyvern+Slaves+Dund+Q9+Raelin+x amout of deathreavers could shut down an army with a large common core. Though that might not be a bad thing...
Well now I'm gonna lay some ryzames up on yah, dog.

I will do some more playtesting and see if a limit to the Curse is needed.
But rest assured your thoughts have been heeded.
Though, even in that army I don't think they'd do enough.
Plus all those heroes make finding points tough
Would anybody like a peanut?

Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
Maybe to fix the Trampling charge power add in a sentence, such as if Herok takes enough damage to be destroyed while charging he must immediately end his charge and be removed from the game.
However another idea would be he can't take any leaving engagements attack while charging but can only charge if he is unengaged or not adjacent to a large or huge figure.
Last thought, you could make it that if he takes damage while charging, he ignores all wounds and instead ends his charge(however that makes little sense with lava or falling damage).
I think I read somewhere that most insects can with stand and survive immense falls do to having an exoskeleton as opposed to an endoskeleton, so an interesting power for him would be that he is impervious to falling damage and maybe "double" (I don't know what the next level of falling damage is) falling damage. This power would fix the falling damage in trampling charge.
By the way love the sculpt.
Thanks for the feedback

The power isn't broken or anything, just slightly weird thematically. Like I said before, it doesn't bother me enough to feel the need jump through hoops to fix it. But thanks for the suggestions.

I believe insects being resistant to falls in real life is due to a low terminal velocity as much as having exoskeletons (though I'm hardly an expert on such things), and that obviously wouldn't apply to Herok. Most maps aren’t going to have high enough elevation for Herok to worry about falling damage anyway. Though fall damage resistance would be a cool power for smaller insects to have.

Also, I have a 'new' card Today, Haya the ninja

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:16 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 1-23

Hmm, well guess no one thought much of that one.

Anyway new card

Nothing special, just another Gladiator hero option.

My Etsy Store
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:05 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 2-01

I like 'em both. What about Verus justifies the range value?

I think Haya looks like a lot of fun.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:16 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
But the restriction isn't for the attacking figures base to be 2 levels or less above Hattori's base, its 2 levels or less above his height. Likewise, for attacks from bellow, it compares the attacking figures height to Hattori's base.
Oh yeah, you're right. I didn't notice the slight wording change there. It does work the way you have it, I think.
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:11 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 2-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like 'em both. What about Verus justifies the range value?

I think Haya looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks, the range is just from his spear. I thought about giving him some kind of 'thrown spear' mechanic or the like, but I decided to keep him relatively simple.

Also, new card

My Etsy Store
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:34 PM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 2-10

My first impression is that Crystalline Form is very strong. If a squad has an attack of 3, to defeat him they would need to roll all skulls and for him to roll no shields. It might not be as bad as I think it is. Have you playtested this by pitting him against a few squads to see how balanced it is?
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:00 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
My first impression is that Crystalline Form is very strong. If a squad has an attack of 3, to defeat him they would need to roll all skulls and for him to roll no shields. It might not be as bad as I think it is. Have you playtested this by pitting him against a few squads to see how balanced it is?
Thanks for the feedback

It's pretty powerful ability. I haven’t had a chance to playtest him yet, so hopefully it's not totally ridiculous. I didn't want to start him too high though, most squads have at least 3 attack and enough attacks per turn that they will hit the 3 skulls eventually, then all he has to do is blank which isn't terrible uncommon with 3 defense.

I might drop his defense down to 2, that way he really doesn’t have much hope of surviving once the 3 skulls come.

My Etsy Store
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:10 PM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

Might need to add 'from a normal or special attack' to Crystalline Form. If I'm interpreting it correctly, at the moment he effectively has disengage as well, resistance from lava tiles, and a hard counter for the Glyph of Wannok.
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:53 AM
A cool title

shafizele is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Might need to add 'from a normal or special attack' to Crystalline Form. If I'm interpreting it correctly, at the moment he effectively has disengage as well, resistance from lava tiles, and a hard counter for the Glyph of Wannok.
Agreed. Lowering his defense lowers his points as well I think. The point value is good where it's at right now when putting him up against DWK 9000, technically DWK is invincible to attacks of 3 but we all know that probs and stats don't work out that way. His offensive potential is good, but not great, he mainly serves as an annoying damage absorber. I think that he will never be the main offense of an army, so he's a really good clean-up or a even better glyph holder, which again is not bad for 140 points.

If you really do want to change it though, I would suggest actually increasing his defense and limiting the "healing" to the end of the turn. As in if the entire squad takes a turn and doesn't kill him he fully heals, no clue how one would word that though. Btw the mini looks awesome like usual.

Whatever you do, DO NOT read this, it's completely pointless.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:25 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
The disengage/lava resistance thing is intentional (didn't think of Wannok though), he also ignores Marro Plague and lot of other powers that I don't think should affect a giant Crystal man. I really want him to be hard to hurt, and having a bunch of powers that just side step his defenses doesn't really jive with me. I'd rather raise his points than limit C Form to attacks only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafizele View Post

If you really do want to change it though, I would suggest actually increasing his defense and limiting the "healing" to the end of the turn. As in if the entire squad takes a turn and doesn't kill him he fully heals, no clue how one would word that though. Btw the mini looks awesome like usual.
Thanks

That would be an interesting power, not really what I'm going for with this guy though.

Wording wise, I think a power like that would go something like:

"At the end of each player's turn, remove all Wound Markers on this Army Card. "

Also new cards for two of my old figures, including one of my very first mods! Which just shows how far behind I am on the cards for figures front.

These guys are pretty similar, they're what happens when Marro Epic Fail at Cloning. I'm pretty happy with the remainder, I think a few of them in a Marro Divider build could be legitimately useful (also the name is a math joke, who doesn't love that?). I'm less happy with the Mutation, their power might be more of a hindrance than a help, but I'm not sure what else to do with them.

In other news, I updated Hattori's card with a slight wording fix. Originally Naginata Strike was limited to only being able to hit the same figure once per turn, but that doesn't really work since several powers let figures move outside of a turn. So it is now limited to once per move instead of once per turn

My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards