Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: Where shall we have NHSD '09?
Warrior's Rec Room 12 75.00%
Game Empire Pasadena 3 18.75%
?? 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 14th, 2009, 10:33 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart
Socal vote for NHSD

Need to choose where we want to do NHSD and I figure a vote is the most democratic way since there has been some disagreement.

Warriorneedsfoodbadly has access to his complex' rec room (not his house so it's more like renting a space for us to play at), which is a two-level area with lots and lots of space. It will suit our needs and then some. He is located in the San Fernando valley, so all you valley dwellers will appreciate that, too. I am not sure exactly on actual table space though, but I have tables if it is an issue.

or

We have Game Empire in Pasadena where we had it last year. We had some issues with the owner accidentally scheduling another event on top of ours and if our full numbers had shown up we would have been in trouble for table space. We'll probably be looking at a small entry fee to the store that will be put towards gift certificates as prizes.

or

?? I put up a third option to give someone the chance to suggest another location.

I guess leave the vote up for a week and see how this goes and whichever one is more popular will be where we have it.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:34 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker
Re: Socal vote for NHSD

Will there be prizes no mater where it is?

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:35 PM
SoCal League Member

Yeah, we'll do something. Either donations or entry fee to go towards a prize table.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:57 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

It takes longer for me to drive to Greg's rec room but I was really impressed with it last time I was there. It's two stories, tons of room, and was a lot of fun to game in.

While I like Game Empire a lot for what it is, I would drive an extra 15 mins for the rec room.

My Recent Plays:
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Agreed. The place has a small kitchen and two bathrooms. We could all bring drinks of our choice and maybe pitch in for pizzas. While we have to respect that WNfood is on the line if you go crazy in the place, at least we'd have a little more freedom than having it at a place like Game Empire.

Space will not be an issue. And I have tables to bring, too. GE is great, but for smaller, local gatherings. For NHSD, we're going to have all the locals, plus others from San Diego, Santa Maria and who knows where. You know my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro
Will there be prizes no mater where it is?
Yep, we can still stump for prize support from online vendors like last year. I'm sure we'll ask for donations for a "prize table." And let it be on the record that I am providing trophies for the top performers this year.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gotta go with the (semi-)private space. While there are some advantages to a place where you can walk over and pick up some more terrain or more dwarves or whatnot, I think the perks of having our own bathrooms, no food restrictions, no one to yell at us for anything (like my habit of "losing" my shoes ) definitely outweighs.
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:00 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Im good for Van Nuys, though I have never personally been there, seems the other IE 'scapers are pushing for playing out there!

DWARVES!
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM

BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker

HANDS DOWN!!!!Warriorneedsfoodbadly place!! No ifs ,ands or buts!!!! Very roomy and temperature control! Conferts of home what more could one ask for.

.....YOU UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE !
Old August 16th, 2009, 02:53 AM
SoCal League Member

Oh eats, yeah another pro for vn. Looks like GE isn't fairing so well.

Old August 16th, 2009, 03:19 AM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

Looking forward to going -- October 17, right?

My Recent Plays:
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Agreed. The place has a small kitchen and two bathrooms. We could all bring drinks of our choice and maybe pitch in for pizzas. While we have to respect that WNfood is on the line if you go crazy in the place, at least we'd have a little more freedom than having it at a place like Game Empire.
. . . hooray beer? I would totally be willing to pitch in for pizza or a ginormous sub if we were to pay there. I voted for GE but may I change my vote for the rec room? (Even if beer is a no go,)

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:06 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll see if I can crank out something fun for the prize table. Im going to see if I can find a quicker and easier way to make ceramic dice towers. Probably smaller than my current behemoth. We'll see what happens.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events