Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 12th, 2007, 07:29 PM

talon_shadeslayer has disabled reputation
good army around syvarris

what would be the best combo? he is my favorite character out right now and i would like some help setting up an army 800-1200 points

i was thinking about using

syvarris
venoc warlord
aubrian archers
armoc vipers
warriors of ashra
4th massachutsets line x2 sets
zombie of morindan x4 sets
Old April 12th, 2007, 10:34 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
I have always coupled syvarris with Nakita Agents and Guerrellinators. The Nakita can do a good job of smokescreening him from close normal attacks while he pelts enemies with his double attack at range 9. The only drawback is a certain lack of mobility. The G-Nators bond well with Nakita and can rush incoming melee threats.
Old April 12th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
If you're working with an 800-1200 point army you should work in Raelin. An army that size can use all the protection you can give it.
Also, a nice strategy when you're rocking a character with range 9 is to get some figures to tie people down, opening them up for shots from Syvarris. The Izumi work well for this with their high defense, high move and counterstrike. But, even better, for less cost, are the robo rats (deathreavers) that can move and tie up enemies without even having turn markers on them. Plus they come four to a squad instead of three.
A final concern when you're building an army around a big time range character is to make sure you have some strong melee figures as well to back him up when the enemy gets close.
As long as your enemy doesn't have too many characters with ranged special attacks, Drake seems like a good option, because he can hunt down and take out figures that sneak close to Syvarris.
Oh, yeah, and if you have a big map with lots of elevation, Theracus is always a good idea.
Old April 13th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, talon_shadeslayer!

On behalf of our bird clawed and range friendly community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the accolades, support and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

It seems to me that in an 800 point army you have plenty of room for boosting units. Spend 260 points on Taelord and Raelin, then load up with Syvarris (100), some Aubriens (2@140), Deathreavers to screen (2@80) and a heavy melee hitter like Charos (210). This keeps the number of units you spend Order Markers on minimal while still utilizing the point value of a large chunk of your army each turn.

~Aldin, who has never played with more than 500 points, so caveat emptor

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
Re: good army around syvarris

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon_shadeslayer
what would be the best combo? he is my favorite character out right now and i would like some help setting up an army 800-1200 points

i was thinking about using

syvarris
venoc warlord
aubrian archers
armoc vipers
warriors of ashra
4th massachutsets line x2 sets
zombie of morindan x4 sets
Blah boredom

Elves!
1 x Syvarris - 100 pts
1 x Theracus - 140 pts
1 x Taelord - 320 pts
1 x Raelin - 400 pts
1 x Venoc Warlord - 520 pts
4 x Aubrian Archers - 800 ots
800 pts.

Eggs in One Basket Army
1 x Syvarris - 100 pts
1 x Theracus - 140 pts
1 x Taelord - 320 pts
1 x Raelin - 400 pts
1 x Venoc Warlord - 520 pts
1 x Finn - 600 pts
1 x Thogrim - 680 pts
1 x Eldgrim - 710 pts
4 x Knights of Weston - 990 pts
990 pts

Grenade lobbyist
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:47 AM

WBDH has disabled reputation
i highly agree with placing theracus and syvarris together. placing your man on the high ground and using theracus as a make-shift body gueard always a good idea. plus drafting your warlord means a longer move for your winged scout.

INSERT PITHY POP CULTURE REFERENCE HERE.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion