Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 2nd, 2009, 09:10 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Maryland Post tourny reports

Well another tourny is in the record books. I had a great time, as I hope everyone else did as well.
As was already put out Einar's Puppy was the big winner. This makes two and a row for him going back to 2 weeks ago in PA where he won there as well.
I think the format was fun and interesting. Q9 was not in lots of army builds as feared, making an appearence in only 2 out of the 18.
We had 18 players turnout which is great for me.

Peteparker had an interesting army consisting of Atlaga, Saylind and Jotun. I really would have liked to play him, but didn't get a chance. He looked like he was having fun with it.
Jackall went 4-1 again and did not win the tourny. This is a trend for him, as he has done this at every tourny he's ever been to. Soon Jackall, soon.

On to the results.
1. Einar's Puppy 5-0 2000 Grimnak, Tornak, Blade grutsx3, Marro War, Isumi
2. Civil War Dude 4-1 1940 Nilfheim, Isamu, Dividersx4
3. Tom 4-1 1885 Migol, Q10, Dwarvesx2
4. Jackall 4-1 1852 Braxas, Isamu, Stingersx3
5. Tony 3-2 1770 Nilfheim, 4th Massx3
6. Spidysox 3-2 1763 Raelin, Theracus, Finn, Krav Maga, Kozuke Samurai
7. Kalislord 3-2 1706 Tor-kul-na, Krav Maga, Marcu, Nagrubsx2
8. Technomagus 3-2 1611 Warden, Tor-kul-na, Nagrubsx3
9. Aerindane 2-3 1695 Brave Arrow, Moheciansx3, Raelin, Zetacron
10. Lil Miss Spidy 2-3 1647 Sujoah, Spidersx2, Stingersx2, Isamu
11. Clancampbell 2-3 1548 Migol, Dwarvesx3, Finn
12. Taeblewalker 2-3 1548 Brunak, Raelin, 4th Mass.x3
13. Drewcula 2-3 1537 Mimring, Grimnak, Marro War., Arrow Gruts, Blade gruts
14. Xanth 2-3 1397 Q9, Q10, Izumi Samurai, Isamu
15. Lil miss pete 2-3 1328 Q10, Ratsx3, Zetacron, Zettian Guards
16. Peteparkerh 1-4 1338 Jotun, Saylind, Atlaga
17. George 1-4 1071 Q9, Q10, Johnny Shotgun
18. Whitman 0-5 1031 Skahen, Carr, Krav Maga, Finn

After looking at this again I see Taeblewalker and myself are actually tied.

And again, I've held 7 tournys and have had 7 different winners.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old August 4th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Maryland Post tourny reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post

As the host, you deserve the honor of 11th place.

Old August 4th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post

As the host, you deserve the honor of 11th place.
Thanks, allthough I think we can co-hold 11th place.

Win-loss records are the first determining factor in ranking, and points after that. I never really thought much past that how to break a tie.
We did have have a common oppenent Tony, whom you beat, and I lost to, so maybe you have more of a claim to 11th than I do.

Old August 4th, 2009, 11:38 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Alright, lets see if my mind is a little hazy or not.

Match 1 Vs. Rebeca on Tom's Lexan map (I can't remember the name). she was using Q10, 3x Reavers, Zettians, and Zetacron.

I started out by moving all of my orcs to the base of the mountain, while she flooded it with rats. For a while I tried to chomp and slash my way through a blockade of rats, and then I realized that I had disengage. Duh. I was able to move around to Q10, and using Tornak I killed him in one hit. The rest was simple clean-up. I lost only a squad of orcs or so.

Match 2 Vs. Clancambell on the Map with the big grass pillars. He was using Migol, 3x Dwarves, and Finn.

On turn two I had all of my MW placed on top of the grass pillar, and due to his dwarves being vertically challenged, it would take three turns to engage them up there. That means I could sit there all day and have a perfect win...but that's boring. Instead I jumped off the hill and killed finn and a dwarf. The MW were surrounded, and killed. Now his army was in position, and mine was in the start zone. I was able to use grimnak and tornak to blast open a hole through his line for my gruts to use, but instead I choose to leave them where they were to keep attacking. He used the hole I made to run migol in and hit the equivalent of eight skulls on tornak. Then his dwarves moped up my army, leaving only grimnak and two blades. He got Migol up on height on Grimnak, and I thought it was over...then I chomped him. The last two dwarves met a similar fate.

Match 3 Vs. Kalislord on Marshes and Mountains (my map). He was using TKN, 2 grubs, KMA, and Marcu.

Basically, I started with my MW in an attempt to draw the KMA's fire, and to kill a few grubs. They got about two grubs, and but two wounds on TKN (essentially, they killed 4 grubs) before they were killed off. Then I sent in the gruts, who were bought some time due to the MW, and who were able to catch the KMA in the low center of the map (you can't fire from one hill to another, so we both hopped off of them and met in the middle) where they killed them...then in came Torky. He killed Tornak, and a bunch of orcs easily. Then he went after grimnak, who was on low ground. Grimank held up, took the high ground, and put a wound on him. Next turn, the same thing happened. Then It was the round switch. I won initiative, and I was finally able to get my blades close enough, where they killed the final nagrubs. TKN was in trouble now, and he missed way more defense rolls than I thought was possible. I never rolled more than a single skull, but it was all that it took to punch through 6 defense. Go figure.

Match 4 Vs. Drewcula on Common Ground. He was using 1 Blades, 1 Arrows, Mimring, Grimnak, and the MW.

When I saw his army, I was like "One squad of orcs? He must be crazy!" But he really wasn't. I saw that after a few of his other games, he had a full squad of arrows left over in nearly every match. That's just hard to do. Anway, he ran out and firelined tornak (he was useless for almost every game) and essentially wrecked my battleplan. I now had to use grimnak against huge guys. Great. Anyway, I got close and was able to put a wound or two on mimring with the blades, a feat I attribute to him being destracted by attacking the single marro warrior I had on the split startzone space. Then the initiative switched, and he made a fatal mistake. All of his markers were on the Arrows. I won initiative, and use grimnak to disengage from Mimring, and kill two arrows. My gruts swarmed the last one. He lost a turn from that, and I mopped up mimring with it. Then his gruts ran out against my gruts (at that time I only had a squad left myself) and we fought for a bit, with my Uber grimnak being the victor.

Match 5 Vs. Civilwardude on THE SECRET MAP OF DOOM. He was using 4x Dividers, Isamu, and Nilfheim.

Story of my life: He killed Tornak early, and I could barely get to Nilfheim on height. When I did kill him, I was down to only one squad of orcs and grimnak with the MW. I thoguht I was done for, but then my orcs drank from the Tuck Everlasting fountain. The went on a rampage, killing two squads of dividers without Grimnak doing any chomping, and surviving 3 rounds. When they did start falling, I used grimnak to kill two dividers every turn, and soon it was down to one squad Vs. the MW. I engaged with one marro, and use the rest to pelt them from height. I don't know how I did it, but I did. I was out of breath from that one, having held it on many orc rolls, but wow. I won. I really didn't think I would. My luck robbed that game for sure.
Old August 4th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Well, I guess I'll put my report out.

Round 1 vs. Lil Miss Spidysox
I was itching to get my dwarves out to attack Sujoah, but held back and sent Finn out first. Finn promptly died due to a very successful poision sting. Of course his spirit went to Migol. The dwarves turned on their speed and charged out to meet the big bug. Sujoah was proving to be hard to handle, killing a dwarf per turn. To make matters worse, the spiders even dropped a couple of my axegrinders. Meanwhile, Migol was sneaking around the other side of the board, trying to catch the "sleeping" stingers unaware. Finally, the dwarves killed the big bug, but at great cost. Migol did catch the stingers off guard and killed two before they could react. Now Migol was stuck in the middle of a bunch of stingers and his help was slow getting to him as I was reluctant to not bond. Migol was brought down, and that set up the showdown between one squad of dwarves and two stingers and Isamu. The dwarves won out in the end, but I was sweating throughout.

Round 2 vs. Einar's Puppy
As EP said, his Marro warriors grabbed some good height early and he very well could have murdered my whole army from there. Fortunatly for me, EP is a good sportsman, and came down to keep it competitive. I really have to say it was a first class move all the way. It was a back and forth match up until Migol got chomped. It was all over at that point.

Round 3 vs. Drewcula
His Arrow gruts got height quickly and were a pain in the rear for the whole game. Mimring was burning my dwarves left and right. Finn had went to the right flank, but I forgot about him as I was too busy dealing with a dragon. I finally killed Mimring and charged Grimnak and the orcs. The Blade gruts dealt with the dwarves easy enough and then Grimnak proceeded to chomp my Migol. AARGH, two games in a row. At that, it was left up to Finn to try to stage a comeback. I really didn't belive he had a chance, but Grimnak added insult to injury by chomping Finn.

Round 4 vs. Tony
4th Mass. and Nilfheim against an army with no range. A very significant choke point on the map. The odds were against me, but I was not going to give in. My dice however, must have already thrown in the towel as I could not roll what I needed for nothing. I was slaughtered, my worse loss of the day. Congrats to Tony though. He deserved some revenge after the last time we played each other.

Round 5 vs. George
Finn was able to tie Johnny shotgun up pretty early, and the dwarves got to height quickly. Q10 tried to dislodge my dwarves but it was not to be. Migol snuck around some trees to engage Q9. The dwarves boosted by height, fearless advantage, and even one adjacent to Finn, managed to smash Q10 to peices. Migol was busy with Q9 and then his dwarves moved in to assist. Even 7 defense could not hold up to a mob of angry dwarves. Finn finished off Johnny for the end game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events