Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old September 21st, 2022, 12:25 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Data is a good base for Myers.
I recently picked up some fantastic model stls for all these baddies with a bunch of other really great pop culture icons that will look awesome printed in resin. I will no doubt be printing them all out anyway. Throwing a handful of extras on the build plate wont be a problem.
Old September 21st, 2022, 12:27 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Been hitting Cthulhu: Death May Die pretty hard lately. Have had a break in commissions so I can actually work on my stuff and its really nice, hah. I don't want to figure out a count of minis. I've tried to do a yearly count but I always lose track, hah.

If anyone is interested in pics, my Instagram link in my signature has 'em.
I got a look at some of them when I jumped on discord. They looked great. No worries if you don't want to play along with the figure count. I use it myself as a way to track what I've finished as well as keep myself motivated. I add them as I go, or I'd forget as well.
Old September 26th, 2022, 08:57 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Got some more 3D prints done:

MacDirk’s and Alistair: 17
Otashni: 1
Isamu: 2

For a total of 20 new minis done. Those speedpaints are magic . I think with basing, they all took about 5 hours of work, coming out to 15 minutes per mini
Old September 27th, 2022, 05:51 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post

For a total of 20 new minis done. Those speedpaints are magic . I think with basing, they all took about 5 hours of work, coming out to 15 minutes per mini
Very cool. Got you updated. The speed paint is magic. I'll send you some pics of some starwars stuff that I'll have to add on here eventually. Not sure if you know this but, you can wet blend the speed paints on the models to get gradients and blends. It's fantastic. Especially for big stuff.
Old September 27th, 2022, 08:00 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post

Very cool. Got you updated. The speed paint is magic. I'll send you some pics of some starwars stuff that I'll have to add on here eventually. Not sure if you know this but, you can wet blend the speed paints on the models to get gradients and blends. It's fantastic. Especially for big stuff.
I’m about to paint a Hrognak proxy I bought for $2 form Krogers, I’ll give the wet blend a shot! It’s something I tried to do a few times back in the day, but it was always tricky to do without thinning the paints down. I can imagine it’s waaaay easier with speedpaints.
Old September 27th, 2022, 12:46 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm up to 11 AotP figures I've painted, plus 9 that my wife and kids have painted. We have more in progress.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 29th, 2022, 12:14 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm up to 11 AotP figures I've painted, plus 9 that my wife and kids have painted. We have more in progress.
That's Awesome. Got you put in up at that 2nd post. What's more fun than painting minis........Painting minis with your Fam. I'll be revisiting my AoTP figures one day. I've got 2 sets of each set that I'm planning on painting. I did a good bit of the first box years ago. I may reprime them and do them all over with speed paints. Also need to update my painting list. Eventually. I'll paint another dozen or so more before I update.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 05:16 AM

blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby!

Seeing this thread inspired me to take some more photos of the models I've finished this year and make a tally of them! I'm at 171 so far this year. I've painted much more than that in my life especially with my DnD and 15mm wargame stuff, but this year is like a new era of painting for me. I'll just start it at that 171.

I'll edit my proxies thread sometime tomorrow to show off the new photos! <--Done!

The itemized list of my completed minis this year:

32 -Knights of Weston
1 - Sir Gilbert
1 - Sir Denrick
32 - MacDirk Warriors
1 - Alastair MacDirk
24 - 4th Massachusetts Line
24 - 10th Regiment of Foot
21 - Mohican River Tribe
3 - Brave Arrow
6 - Sentinels of Jandar
1 - Concan the Kyrie Warrior
20 - Heavy Gruts
1 - Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider
1 - Skitarii Ranger (as a test model, more coming very soon)
1 - Random Owlbear
2 - Random Pathfinder Deep Cuts Infantry

Last edited by blast_shark; October 3rd, 2022 at 02:17 PM. Reason: added itemized list
Old October 3rd, 2022, 04:59 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast_shark View Post
Seeing this thread inspired me to take some more photos of the models I've finished this year and make a tally of them! I'm at 171 so far this year. I've painted much more than that in my life especially with my DnD and 15mm wargame stuff, but this year is like a new era of painting for me. I'll just start it at that 171.

I'll edit my proxies thread sometime tomorrow to show off the new photos! <--Done!

The itemized list of my completed minis this year:

32 -Knights of Weston
1 - Sir Gilbert
1 - Sir Denrick
32 - MacDirk Warriors
1 - Alastair MacDirk
24 - 4th Massachusetts Line
24 - 10th Regiment of Foot
21 - Mohican River Tribe
3 - Brave Arrow
6 - Sentinels of Jandar
1 - Concan the Kyrie Warrior
20 - Heavy Gruts
1 - Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider
1 - Skitarii Ranger (as a test model, more coming very soon)
1 - Random Owlbear
2 - Random Pathfinder Deep Cuts Infantry
Got you added on here. Looks like a fun group of Heroscape Repaints.
Old October 6th, 2022, 05:14 AM
"like" happy

I've got a rather large bunch to add to my numbers. A bunch of star wars legion models. A Boba fett riding a rancor, a rancor, acklay, nexu, reek, 2 black krstathm wookiee dudes, I'm sure I slaughtered his name, 2 more new Boba sculpts, 2 ig models, ig88 and ig 11, 2 more squads of black sun troopers 16 total, grogu, 2 gundarks. So 30 star wars legion guys. Next up would be a couple of big statues. One of zeratul from starcraft, and one of Dr. Nefarious from ratchet and clank. I did alot of airbrush work on those. They are 10-13 inches tall. Then I paint 5 really big monsters 3d prints from artisan guild. Combination of airbrush, regular paint, and speed paint for those. Lastly, 19 walking dead models that I made in a cool mini builder called titancraft. Got the models as close as I could to the originals card images in the program then finished making them exact with my skills in 3d modeling software. Did all those in speed paints. A few more dozen models in the work in progress phase but that sums up my update.
That's 56 new models.

928 total this year!
3066 total.
I fear I won't be able to achieve my goal of doing 2022 models in 2022.
Old October 6th, 2022, 01:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You will need to up your game for sure.
Old October 7th, 2022, 05:24 AM
"like" happy

Cool Re: Painted Miniature counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You will need to up your game for sure.
I'm sure I'll top 1000. That's pretty reasonable in a year I'd say. Besides, I count massive models, statues, vehicles full of troopers, etc, all as singular models. I count them by the base. Also, I've done a literal crap ton of terrain this year but haven't counted any of that here. Oh well. It's all still fun. Been having lots of fun shot for shot remaking all the comic walking dead models for Call to Arms in a cool builder called www.titancraft.com. I have to edit them in a 3d program to get them exact, or to add their specific gear or load out, but the site has alot of cool stuff for sure. It's alot like heroforge but you have unlimited stl downloads after you buy the packs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General