Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 1st, 2019, 09:37 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Oooh, look like the minis come unpainted, unassembled, on plastic sprues:

Hard pass from me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 1st, 2019, 10:12 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

And sold individually so they're going to cost a lot. The quality looks fantastic though.
Old August 1st, 2019, 10:13 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
And sold individually so they're going to cost a lot. The quality looks fantastic though.
Sure. As do most things like that after a professional paint job. Mine would look a lot more like the picture I posted ... unassembled and gathering dust.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 1st, 2019, 10:15 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Might be able for get some the stuff on the cheap when they go out of business.
Old August 1st, 2019, 10:20 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Sure. As do most things like that after a professional paint job. Mine would look a lot more like the picture I posted ... unassembled and gathering dust.
I meant the miniatures themselves. Even a good paint job on Heroclix only goes so far, since most of the models themselves are pretty awful.

I do love to paint, but not a fan of assembling. So pass from me unless they're cheap!
Old August 1st, 2019, 10:28 AM

I would be shocked if they’re cheap.

Old August 1st, 2019, 10:30 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I would be shocked if they’re cheap.
Not if they go out of business!
Old August 1st, 2019, 12:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cowards!

I'd say most of them might only be minimal assembly, like an arm/s, base and maybe the head. But then there's the priming and painting. So certainly more work than with Clix

I wonder if this is only going be Marvel minis. There is a Batman Miniatures game in 35mm (around Clix size-ish) by Knight Models in France I believe, and it has fantastic minis. They used to have Marvel also, but that got discontinued. So it would seem to make more sense for this new game to be Marvel centered to avoid competition from Knight Models materials. The Batman Miniatures game is fairly complicated from what I've seen, but that's because of a lot of realistic gameplay they are trying to achieve.

I doubt these new minis will be cheap. If they are Games Workshop prices, I don't see them lasting long in business, but if they are more fair, they should do okay. But you won't be seeing minis for a dollar or 2 like with a lot of Clix minis people here have been getting used to over the years.

I would expect the game to be scenario driven, which means that you don't need 800 minis to play kill em all games like Scape. While I will pass on this, I'm still curious to see what kind of gameplay it has. Hopefully it has some meat to it, but not too much that would make it intimidating.

Oh, and Bats. I don't know that it's square based movement, I just think that terrain was a sidewalk in the picture , which would have squares.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 1st, 2019, 12:43 PM
...has moist legs

I already take so long painting minis that I don't like adding a few extra days by building, gluing, and sanding them.
Old August 1st, 2019, 12:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Oh, this does look awesome

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 1st, 2019, 01:06 PM

Sure but I don't think they're selling anything that will look like that out of box. And that MODOK comes in 14 pieces. I'd be surprised if any of the smaller ones come in fewer than, like, five. I already have a heap of Shadows of Brimstone to assemble.

Some of the mechanics seem fun. I'd play it if someone else brought it to the table. But definitely not something I'd entertain purchasing.

Old August 1st, 2019, 01:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The subway station does look awesome, but that's not at all practical for the average gamer. The paint jobs they are showing off on Iron Man, Ultron, & Cap require many layers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games