Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old February 12th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Building a "Generic" Green Lantern

HEROSCAPE NEEDS A GENERIC GREEN LANTERN, THE CAMPAIGN THREAD
cam·paign /kæmˈpeɪn/ -noun a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end

I decided to start a thread to poll peoples thought and opinions on making an all around Generic Green Power Ring amd Green Power Battery to by used by all Green Lanterns no mater their race and or sex.

Here are what some of our Supers creators have come up with.
Green Lantern (Alan Scott) DC: (Iambatman)
Green Lantern (Bruce Wayne) Batman DC: (IAmBatman)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) DC: (GreyOwl) (Iambatman)
Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) DC: (Iambatman)
Green Lantern (John Stewart) DC: (Iambatman)
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) DC: (Iambatman)
Green Lantern (Kilowog) DC: (Nightwing)

Green Lantern's Power Ring DC (Peripheral Card): (GreyOwl)
Green Power Ring DC (Peripheral Card): Alan Scott(IAmBatman) Batman(IAmBatman) Hal Jordan(IAmBatman) John Stewart(IAmBatman)Kyle Rayner(Iambatman)
Old February 12th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
GREEN LANTERN STATS
I'm going to use Hal Jordan as my Green Lantern Prototype
Old February 12th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Master Custom Creator

GREEN POWER RING STATS

ENHANCEMENTS
Add Move, Range, Attack(?), Defense(?)
Super Stregnth Power Symbol See page
Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
If Green Lanterns do anything, they definitely fly.
SPECIAL ATTACKS/POWERS
Ranged Attack Special Attack/Range
Enhanced Melee Like Carr's sword?
Enhanced Defense Energy Shield?

RESTRICTION
Limited Power(?) Limited power. In the comics 24 hour charge.
Yellow Impurity Prior to Parallax, the Green Energy Rings did not affect anything Yellow.
Old February 12th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Master Custom Creator

GREEN POWER BATTERY STATS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Power rings typically hold a limited charge. Originally, they required recharging every 24 hours, but more recently it seems that they possess a fixed amount of regular charge. Power rings are usually recharged by a Green Lantern's personal power battery, which looks like an old fashioned lantern made of dark green metal. The user typically points the ring towards the lantern, and usually gives a Green Lantern oath (below) while recharging the ring. These batteries are directly linked to the Central Power Battery on Oa and do not themselves need recharging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaths
All power rings need periodic recharging. The process is not instantaneous, so many Green Lanterns recite an oath while the ring charges. The oath is not required to charge the ring, but is recited to reaffirm the person's commitment to the Green Lantern Corps, and to measure the time it takes the ring to charge.

While many Green Lanterns create their own oath, the majority use Hal Jordan's oath as a sign of respect:

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight!
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

Destructable Object
Fixed Location
RECHARGE see above.
Old February 12th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Master Custom Creator

Here's what Ive been Playing around with...I thought GL HJ stats would be like L:4, M:4-5, R:1, A:3-4, D:3-4 Points aroud 200+. Then you would also have the following equip cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN LANTERN POWER RING
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITED POWER 10
Start the game with 10 Green Energy Markers on this card. You may use one ability per turn. Before using an ability on this card, remove an ammount of Green Energy Markers equal to cost. If there are no Green Energy Markers left on this card you may not use any ability on this card
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD ENHACEMENT
Green Lantern may add 2 spaces to movement, 5 spaces to range, an additional die when making a normal attack, 2 additional die when rolling defense, and Super Strength Special Power (See Page 7).
Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLOW IMPURITY
Green Lantern's roll 1 less die when s/he defends against an adjacent opponent or when attacking an opponent whom sculpt has any Yellow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD WEAPONRY 2
COST 1: If Green Lantern is attacking an adjacent figure, you may add 2 dice to Green Lantern's attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
COST 2: Range 6, Attack 6. If an opponent's Unique Hero recieves at least one wound from Emerald Blast Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die.If you roll a 16 or higher, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that Unique Hero's Army Card
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD DRAIN
After using an ability, you may choose to use another ability at twice the cost. You may use this ability only once during a round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN LANTERN'S POWER BATTERY
During figure placement, place Green Lantern's Power Battery Glyph adjacent to Green Lantern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECHARGE
If a Green Lantern is adjacent to the Green Lantern's Power Battery Glyph, roll the 20-sided die:
*If you roll a 5 or higher, replace all 10 Green Energy Markers on this card.
Ive also played around with the idea of making the Power Battery a destructable object. Something like 4 life, 10 Defense, with the auto defense for objects.

Let me know what you think?

Quote:
I especially like the idea of the power battery being a destructible glyph with a fixed location your GL would have to return to...
Though I think that just being adjacent to it and not moving and attacking instead of a D20 roll might work better since the recharging costs time, it isn't really luck dependent.
So should it be changed so that as long as a GL is adj. the recieve an "X" ammount of markers per turn?

Quote:
You would need to add the flying power to Emerald Enhancement, I'd think. Or, actually, you could just cover it with the Super strength and flying icons at the bottom of the card to save room. After all, Limited Power 10 specifies that if all markers are gone, you can't use ANY ability on the card. So that would include those indicated by icons at the bottom.
Well the "S" symbol will be on the official card. As for using the Flying Icon I havent got to the point of using it unless its gonna be official. Im trying to be as official as I can.

Quote:
It might be cool to give Emerald Weaponry and Emerald Blast Special Attack some more flexibility so that the attack number was equal to the number of tokens you wanted to spend on it (with a cap, of course).
I was taking a stab in the dark when I came up with those 2. I'll try to rework it and see. Maybe somethink like Maj Q10? Spend 1 marker for 3 die or 2 for 6?

Quote:
My major concern is that 6 powers is way too much to fit on a single card. The major one I'd suggest losing is Yellow Impurity. I think it works better to just build that into the offense of yellow based Green Lantern enemies. Plus, I think it's going to get sticky if people have to start asking "now is this sculpt more gold or yellow or orange?"
Never thought of that.

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly how Emerald Drain works, honestly. Since you'll likely need to stick with three or at absolute max four powers on the single card, you might want to lose that one as well.
Emerald Drain is like using "Overextend"

Quote:
The one thing I'd be sad to lose, though, is special movement/defense powers like the ones on some of my cards.
This was just a stab in the dark for a GL, Ring and PB.

Quote:
As much as it would add to the complexity of Green Lanterns, I wonder if it might not be worthwhile to have a series of "ability" cards, kind of like the power ring cards now, that all Green Lanterns can access, some might be for passive powers like defensive or movement based, which cost a certain amount per turn to keep a marker on, and some might be one time use powers, like the offensive ones here. Basically any Green Lantern could use those powers and that would free the actual Green Lantern card to just discuss the limited power source and the stat boosts from having the ring.
And it'd give you a place to put flying too, because if you're not going to use the icon, you've got to put it somewhere. If Green Lanterns do anything, they definitely fly.
I like the change for the power battery to be X amount of markers per turn are given back, yeah.
Your ideas for changing Emerald Weaponry and Emerald Blast Special Attack sound good.
OK, I have a better idea about how Emerald Drain works, though I'm still not sure the wording is quite there.
I picked up Green Lantern Rebirth this past week and have read it a few times and just wanted to throw an Idea or two to the original postings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoMan
Here's what Ive been Playing around with...I thought GL HJ stats would be like L:4, M:4-5, R:1, A:3-4, D:3-4 Points aroud 200+. Then you would also have the following equip cards.
Don't think I'll change anything

GREEN LANTERN POWER RING
Quote:
As much as it would add to the complexity of Green Lanterns, I wonder if it might not be worthwhile to have a series of "ability" cards, kind of like the power ring cards now, that all Green Lanterns can access, some might be for passive powers like defensive or movement based, which cost a certain amount per turn to keep a marker on, and some might be one time use powers, like the offensive ones here.

Basically any Green Lantern could use those powers and that would free the actual Green Lantern card to just discuss the limited power source and the stat boosts from having the ring.

And it'd give you a place to put flying too, because if you're not going to use the icon, you've got to put it somewhere. If Green Lanterns do anything, they definitely fly.
Ive given some thought along these lines and also came up with a way to make a "Generic" Green Power Ring Card. Have you ever play Magic the Gathering? Have you ever played with the Vanguard cards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WotC
Vanguard cards are special over-sized Magic cards (3" x 5" as opposed to 2 1/2" x 3 1/2") that offer a different way to play. Each card has an instruction that acts like a personal global enchantment, plus modifications to your starting/maximum hand size (in the left-hand circle) and life total (on the right).
So maybe if we just used 1 oversized Army Card or just designed a new card to reflect "Objects of Power" or etc... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITED POWER 10
Start the game with 10 Green Energy Markers on this card. You may use one ability per turn. Before using an ability on this card, remove an ammount of Green Energy Markers equal to cost. If there are no Green Energy Markers left on this card you may not use any ability on this card
There would have to be some playtesting done in this area to see if 10 is too many or few. Im thinking too few at this point.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD ENHACEMENT
Green Lantern may add 2 spaces to movement, 5 spaces to range, an additional die when making a normal attack, 2 additional die when rolling defense, and Super Strength Special Power (See Page 7).
You would need to add the flying power to Emerald Enhancement, I'd think. Or, actually, you could just cover it with the Super strength and flying icons at the bottom of the card to save room. After all, Limited Power 10 specifies that if all markers are gone, you can't use ANY ability on the card. So that would include those indicated by icons at the bottom.
Well the "S" symbol will be on the official card. As for using the Flying Icon I havent got to the point of using it unless its gonna be official. Im trying to be as official as I can.
I really dont know if Emerald Enhancement is actually a good name? But, If we do the Vanguard style then we would just limit the individual enhancements and powers.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLOW IMPURITY
Green Lantern's roll 1 less die when s/he defends against an adjacent opponent or when attacking an opponent whom sculpt has any Yellow.
My major concern is that 6 powers is way too much to fit on a single card. The major one I'd suggest losing is Yellow Impurity. I think it works better to just build that into the offense of yellow based Green Lantern enemies. Plus, I think it's going to get sticky if people have to start asking "now is this sculpt more gold or yellow or orange?"
Never thought of that.
Dont know about this yet?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD WEAPONRY 2
COST 1: If Green Lantern is attacking an adjacent figure, you may add 2 dice to Green Lantern's attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
COST 2: Range 6, Attack 6. If an opponent's Unique Hero recieves at least one wound from Emerald Blast Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die.If you roll a 16 or higher, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that Unique Hero's Army Card
It might be cool to give Emerald Weaponry and Emerald Blast Special Attack some more flexibility so that the attack number was equal to the number of tokens you wanted to spend on it (with a cap, of course).
I was taking a stab in the dark when I came up with those 2. I'll try to rework it and see. Maybe somethink like Maj Q10? Spend 1 marker for 3 die or 2 for 6?
Your ideas for changing Emerald Weaponry and Emerald Blast Special Attack sound good.
Might be knixed, might not. I'll have to play around with the peripherial/abiility and Vanguard?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALD DRAIN
After using an ability, you may choose to use another ability at twice the cost. You may use this ability only once during a round.
I'm not sure exactly how Emerald Drain works, honestly. Since you'll likely need to stick with three or at absolute max four powers on the single card, you might want to lose that one as well.
Emerald Drain is like using "Overextend"
OK, I have a better idea about how Emerald Drain works, though I'm still not sure the wording is quite there.
After reading Rebirth I realized that when Green Arrow used it he was in alot of pain, so Maybe your idea about wounding the figure isnt bad at all.

GREEN LANTERN'S POWER BATTERY
During figure placement, place Green Lantern's Power Battery Glyph adjacent to Green Lantern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECHARGE
If a Green Lantern is adjacent to the Green Lantern's Power Battery Glyph, roll the 20-sided die:
*If you roll a 5 or higher, replace all 10 Green Energy Markers on this card.
Quote:
Ive also played around with the idea of making the Power Battery a destructable object. Something like 4 life, 10 Defense, with the auto defense for objects.
I especially like the idea of the power battery being a destructible glyph with a fixed location your GL would have to return to...
Though I think that just being adjacent to it and not moving and attacking instead of a D20 roll might work better since the recharging costs time, it isn't really luck dependent.
So should it be changed so that as long as a GL is adj. the recieve an "X" ammount of markers per turn?
I like the change for the power battery to be X amount of markers per turn are given back, yeah.
All power rings need periodic recharging. The process is not instantaneous, so many Green Lanterns recite an oath while the ring charges. The oath is not required to charge the ring, but is recited to reaffirm the person's commitment to the Green Lantern Corps, and to measure the time it takes the ring to charge.

While many Green Lanterns create their own oath, the majority use Hal Jordan's oath as a sign of respect:

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight!
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!
So after reading this and Rebirth maybe just one round with no action on the glyph would sufice?

Quote:
Quote:
The one thing I'd be sad to lose, though, is special movement/defense powers like the ones on some of my cards.
This was just a stab in the dark for a GL, Ring and PB.
Hmmm... Let me play around with the Vandguard idea. I would hate for Hal to give up his big Boxing Glove...

Quote:
The Vanguard idea sounds interesting. I had another idea that might save a little room, that you may or may not want to use now - but I'll get to that in a minute.
Quote:
I think 10 might be a good number on limited power, but only if the power battery allows you to recharge fairly quickly. But we really need to figure out the powers and their costs before we can say for certain here, I think.
Well like I stated earlier from Wikipedia it recharges in the amount of time it takes to say the oath. So I would suggest something like “RECHARGE: Instead of taking turn with a Green Lantern you may add all previously removed Green Energy Markers. Green Lantern may not use FORCE OF WILL if s/he used recharged this turn.”

Quote:
Emerald Enhancement sounds fine to me. It seems like the ring would give identical stat enhancements to any ring bearer, but what would differ is their original stats (based on species, personal physique, etc.)
Instead of Emerald Enhancement what about GREEN LANTERN?

Quote:
Let's worry about the yellow weakness after we figure the rest out. I still think it's something you could build into GL enemies with yellow based powers. If you've read the Sinestro Corps, I'm not sure how much yellow impurities affect Green Lanterns anymore anyway ...
Well I've read Emerald Twilight and Rebirth and according what I could piece together, Parallax was the yellow impurity. Also Kyle's ringer was never affected by the Yellow also. So this might be something to drop.

Quote:
For the Emerald based attacks, I thought - what about making it one catch all attack, where both the range and attack were special, and you could add 1 to each number for each Green Energy Marker you use. If we stuck with Limited Power 10, this would mean an adjacent attack of 10 at most, or a range 10, attack 1 at the longest. But then you'd also sacrifice your personal enhancements, super strength, and flying by clearing your card. So it'd be an all out type of attack. If you think that 10 is too limiting there, though, we could always start him with more Green Energy Markers, and just put a cap for each category (range, attack) at 10.
If we limit it to 6 or 7 and then divide it between attack and range so you could have things like R6A1, R5A2, R4A3, R3A4, R2A5, R1A6? Depending on the Race as long as the starting race doesn’t have a base of 6 this looks like it might work?

Quote:
We could just give GL a straight up Overextend power?
Have it called "FORCE OF WILL" but word it as Overextend?

Quote:
It seems like making GL wait an entire round with no action would make him a sitting duck for quite a while. I like the idea of having him get so many Markers back for every turn he waits without action (like 4 Markers?).
I think this might have been covered with RECHARGE?

Quote:
So, what all would we need to put on the Vanguard card?
Old February 12th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
I have a Green Lantern Ring peripheral card that you left out of the first post. Not sure if it will help you out with this or not, but just in case I thought I'd mention it. You can find it in the A-Z index.
Old February 12th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think you should make up a power battery card and a vanguard card so we can get some visuals in this conversation!
Were you thinking the Emerald based attacks would use the figure's base attack number and range and then add on to it? I was thinking it'd be like a special attack that would have the same power for any of them, and for each green energy marker you used, you could add 1 to either the range or attack, so you might end up with a range 1 attack of 10 or a range 10 attack of 1.
Actually, I think with the 24 hour thing, maybe Green Lantern starts with 24 green energy markers? Then for the Emerald based special attacks, you could just put a cap on either category (range/attack) at ten, so at absolute worst, he'll do one range 10 attack 10 special attack. It'd be pretty devestating, but he'd only be able to use it on one target, and it'd drain all but 4 of his markers.
I don't think that Recharge should happen all at once. I think you should be able to partially recharge. For instance, if we go with the 24 markers, then you could regain maybe 6 for each turn you're adjacent to the Power Battery and inactive. That way a full recharge would take you 4 turns (if you'd completely drained yourself), but it would make you be careful before you drained your whole ring in one attack or so. It would let you tactically recharge instead of just rushing back to recharge all at once. I think that flexibility would make the gameplay a little more interesting.
Force of Will worded as Overextend sounds good.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2008, 01:28 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Personally I'm not a huge fan of the limited charge concept. Not that it doesn't exist, but it's a very story specific limitation much like Spiderman's limited web fluid. It's certainly not such a low value that they're going to run out over the limited span of a Heroscape conflict. I'd wager an Aubren Archer is more likely to run out of arrows before a Lantern runs down his charge. The yellow impurity is something I'd likewise ignore. It was always the silliest Kryptonite in the DC universe, and it's been wisely written out for the most part. It's way too hard to implement under reasonable game mechanics anyway.

The other thing I'd prefer to get away from is the generic ring powers. While the ring gives the bearers a standard set of abilities, I don't think making cards that way is the best route. One of the best things Geoff Johns has done with the series (ok, so he's done a lot of good with it), is give each Earth Lantern his own unique feel without rewriting their powers:

John Steward is the sniper of the group. Almost all his attacks have significant range with deadly precision. He rarely dukes it out and prefers to stay back and shoot.

Kyle Rayner is more of a summoner. He doesn't fight directly all that often, but creates creatures and warriors to fight for him.

Guy Gardner is the the scrappiest of the bunch. Mid range at best, but by far the most likely to head into melee and duke it out.

Hal Jordan is the middle ground, all around, Ryu/Ken of the Earth Lanterns. He's primarily a ranged blaster the likes of Human Torch or Iron Man, but he'll enter a slugfest if need be. He's also the most likely Lantern to use his powers to ensnare or disable his opponent, creating binding objects to stop them in their tracks.

I think the best way to do the Lanterns is not to make them more generic, but rather embrace what makes each one unique and run with it. Give John the longest range and Deadly Shot, give Kyle an ability to create squads to fight for him. I think the trick is to avoid trying to put the Green Lantern gimmicks into the Heroscape ruleset, and instead focus on making sure each Green Lantern fights with the proper feel and style as their comic counterpart.
Old February 12th, 2008, 02:53 PM

Nightwing has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Personally I'm not a huge fan of the limited charge concept. Not that it doesn't exist, but it's a very story specific limitation much like Spiderman's limited web fluid. It's certainly not such a low value that they're going to run out over the limited span of a Heroscape conflict. I'd wager an Aubren Archer is more likely to run out of arrows before a Lantern runs down his charge. The yellow impurity is something I'd likewise ignore. It was always the silliest Kryptonite in the DC universe, and it's been wisely written out for the most part. It's way too hard to implement under reasonable game mechanics anyway.

The other thing I'd prefer to get away from is the generic ring powers. While the ring gives the bearers a standard set of abilities, I don't think making cards that way is the best route. One of the best things Geoff Johns has done with the series (ok, so he's done a lot of good with it), is give each Earth Lantern his own unique feel without rewriting their powers:

John Steward is the sniper of the group. Almost all his attacks have significant range with deadly precision. He rarely dukes it out and prefers to stay back and shoot.

Kyle Rayner is more of a summoner. He doesn't fight directly all that often, but creates creatures and warriors to fight for him.

Guy Gardner is the the scrappiest of the bunch. Mid range at best, but by far the most likely to head into melee and duke it out.

Hal Jordan is the middle ground, all around, Ryu/Ken of the Earth Lanterns. He's primarily a ranged blaster the likes of Human Torch or Iron Man, but he'll enter a slugfest if need be. He's also the most likely Lantern to use his powers to ensnare or disable his opponent, creating binding objects to stop them in their tracks.

I think the best way to do the Lanterns is not to make them more generic, but rather embrace what makes each one unique and run with it. Give John the longest range and Deadly Shot, give Kyle an ability to create squads to fight for him. I think the trick is to avoid trying to put the Green Lantern gimmicks into the Heroscape ruleset, and instead focus on making sure each Green Lantern fights with the proper feel and style as their comic counterpart.
These all sounds like excellent ideas to me. I especially like the summoning up squad units that do different things but maybe cost the same.
Old February 12th, 2008, 03:14 PM

Nightwing has disabled reputation
What do you guys think is the best way to handle the GL's Force Fields?

There are so many options when it comes to defense:

1- Add X amount to their normal defense.

2- One shield blocks all damage.

3- Any shields rolled count as blocking 2 wounds.

4- Something along the lines of spidey's spider sense.

Also, should their shield be usable on adjacent friendly figures?
Old February 12th, 2008, 03:52 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing

For most of the Lanterns? I'd just roll it into their Defense stat. I've seen a few Corps members that seem to be the primary Shield of their team; focusing on their teammates and using their ring to deflect oncoming blows. Give the ability to increase defense to other members to a Lantern who really focuses on that ability of the ring.

I think that's really the trick to making Green Lanterns. The characters have EVERY ability you can possibly imagine. Trying to give them any power or every variation of a power is only going to create a bland, generic character that fails to embody the feel the character. The trick to making great customs isn't to give the character every ability they possess, but to give them just enough abilities to make them fight like they do in the comics. That's why you don't give Batman his entire utility belt, or Spiderman every web trick he's ever used. You simply down to what really makes the character stand out and go with that.
Old February 13th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
I think you should make up a power battery card and a vanguard card so we can get some visuals in this conversation!
I'll have the Lantern's Destructable Object Card posted when I get home. As for the Vangaurd card, Im not the best in creating things since I have only paint and Gimp 2.0 and I dont didle as much as before, I'll try.

Quote:
Were you thinking the Emerald based attacks would use the figure's base attack number and range and then add on to it?
No. I was thinking as a set number and dividing between Range and Attack. Maybe bumping it up to 10 cap?

Quote:
I was thinking it'd be like a special attack that would have the same power for any of them, and for each green energy marker you used, you could add 1 to either the range or attack, so you might end up with a range 1 attack of 10 or a range 10 attack of 1.
Something like that. I was fooling around with 1 and 6. Ranging from R1A6 to R6A1? As stated above maybe a 10 cap to make it from R1A10 to R10A1?

Quote:
Actually, I think with the 24 hour thing, maybe Green Lantern starts with 24 green energy markers? Then for the Emerald based special attacks, you could just put a cap on either category (range/attack) at ten, so at absolute worst, he'll do one range 10 attack 10 special attack. It'd be pretty devestating, but he'd only be able to use it on one target, and it'd drain all but 4 of his markers.
Could work?

Quote:
I don't think that Recharge should happen all at once. I think you should be able to partially recharge. For instance, if we go with the 24 markers, then you could regain maybe 6 for each turn you're adjacent to the Power Battery and inactive. That way a full recharge would take you 4 turns (if you'd completely drained yourself), but it would make you be careful before you drained your whole ring in one attack or so. It would let you tactically recharge instead of just rushing back to recharge all at once. I think that flexibility would make the gameplay a little more interesting.
Force of Will worded as Overextend sounds good.
LOL, But it takes as long to recharge as saying the Oath. IDK how long it takes you, but It takes me atmost 10 sec. I dont want to turn this into a RPG style debate, but a round or turn takes appx 15 secs in the Palladium universe. Has anyone ever figured out exactly how long a Turn and or Round in Heroscpae would equall IRL?

Quote:
Personally I'm not a huge fan of the limited charge concept. Not that it doesn't exist, but it's a very story specific limitation much like Spiderman's limited web fluid. It's certainly not such a low value that they're going to run out over the limited span of a Heroscape conflict. I'd wager an Aubren Archer is more likely to run out of arrows before a Lantern runs down his charge.
True.

Quote:
The yellow impurity is something I'd likewise ignore. It was always the silliest Kryptonite in the DC universe, and it's been wisely written out for the most part. It's way too hard to implement under reasonable game mechanics anyway.
I've think we've scrapped the idea of the yellow impurity after reading Rebirth.

Quote:

Well I was thinking of a generic ring due to the fact that while reading the Wikipedia info that when a lantern is killed the ring seeks out a "new" Lantern? So IF we made the ring Generic than once that GL is destroyed then we can have the ring seek out a new owner from your army. But maybe I'll just write it into a scenario as I did with the Captain Universe Uni-Power.

Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing

1- add 1 die per GL marker spent?
2 & 3- spend a set ammount of GL markers?
4- IDK, open discussion
As for the adjacent friendly figures maybe word it as like Nakita's Smoke Powder?

Quote:
For most of the Lanterns? I'd just roll it into their Defense stat.
Is the field active at all times? If so we can add a die or 2 as stated as Emerald Enhancement.

Quote:
I've seen a few Corps members that seem to be the primary Shield of their team; focusing on their teammates and using their ring to deflect oncoming blows. Give the ability to increase defense to other members to a Lantern who really focuses on that ability of the ring.
Who does this? You stated earth's GLs as certin focuses. What about the other GL's? Do you have any ideas and or type for each?

Quote:
I think that's really the trick to making Green Lanterns. The characters have EVERY ability you can possibly imagine. Trying to give them any power or every variation of a power is only going to create a bland, generic character that fails to embody the feel the character. The trick to making great customs isn't to give the character every ability they possess, but to give them just enough abilities to make them fight like they do in the comics. That's why you don't give Batman his entire utility belt, or Spiderman every web trick he's ever used. You simply down to what really makes the character stand out and go with that.
As stated earlier, I was trying to go for a "Generic" GL Power Ring, but not bland.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations