Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old July 5th, 2017, 01:59 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Yes, 1/58. However the D&D line (MS3 and waves 11-13) are closer to 25mm or 1/64, which is why Craig Van Ness tried to get WotC not to reuse the sculpts.
Old July 6th, 2017, 03:58 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

If a figure begins his turn on a road space, climbs up and over an adjacent battlement to end his turn on the road, does he get the +3 movement bonus? The only time he is not on the road, is while he is "climbing" the battlement. I would assume so, but could understand why he would not.
Old July 6th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

He's on the road the whole way, so he gets the bonus. He had to climb to stay on the road, but he never left it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 6th, 2017, 04:07 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
He's on the road the whole way, so he gets the bonus. He had to climb to stay on the road, but he never left it.
Honestly, that's what we assumed, but wanted to clarify before we came to that point in the game.

Were I to climb something that height, both feet and arms would be used, and I'd lose my personal road bonus. ��

Last edited by legoboy; July 6th, 2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Oh, and thank you.
Old July 6th, 2017, 04:51 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Honestly, that's what we assumed, but wanted to clarify before we came to that point in the game.

Were I to climb something that height, both feet and arms would be used, and I'd lose my personal road bonus. ��
Unless he used a ladder to climb. Sometimes it is worth it to ignore an available ladder to take advantage of the road bonus. (Yeah, I know you can't attach ladders to battlements. Just wanted to make the point.)

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old July 9th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Figures must stop on a glyph if they move on to it. Is this still true if a figure you control occupies the glyph?
Old July 9th, 2017, 02:30 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I believe that you cannot move through your own figures on glyphs, as you would have to stop on the glyph. In the same way that you cannot use a figure in water to let another figure go over the water. I've got nothing official for this view though.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 9th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
I believe that you cannot move through your own figures on glyphs, as you would have to stop on the glyph. In the same way that you cannot use a figure in water to let another figure go over the water. I've got nothing official for this view though.
I'm a little hazy on it...but I do believe that is correct.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 9th, 2017, 03:16 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Correct. The references (from the D&D rulebook):

Movement (page 8 )
Passing and landing on other figures: You can move through a space with a friendly figure on it (one of your own or a teammate's) unless the figure is engaged (see Engagement Rules on page 11). You can't move through a space with an opponent's figure on it, or end your move on a space with any other figure.

Glyphs (page 14 )
When one of your figures moves onto a Glyph that is symbol-side up, stop there and turn the Glyph power-side up; the powers on the Glyph take effect immediately. When your figure lands on a power-side up Glyph, it must stop. Note: A double-space figure must stop when its leading side moves onto a Glyph.

This only applies to Power Glyphs, not Treasure Glyphs.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old July 9th, 2017, 08:20 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmm... That second bit raises a question for double spaced figures landing on glyphs. If approaching a glyph from a different level, would the double-spaced figure be able to move one "past" the glyph in order to be legally placed, or would it have to approach the glyph from a same-level space?

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 9th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Hmm... That second bit raises a question for double spaced figures landing on glyphs. If approaching a glyph from a different level, would the double-spaced figure be able to move one "past" the glyph in order to be legally placed, or would it have to approach the glyph from a same-level space?
I would assume so, since you MUST place your figure in a space it fits.
Old July 9th, 2017, 09:55 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Technically, but sometimes fun is more important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Quote:
I would assume so, since you MUST place your figure in a space it fits.
Officially, I believe you do not get to keep moving, even to flatten your double-spacer. But, as a player I'd never enforce that. I would leave this open to your opponent/TD.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's