Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Notices

Old February 23rd, 2016, 07:52 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?
Re: Hot new rumors for the next Major Expansion! Common Squa

Finally new news!!! Even if its a rumor!
Old February 23rd, 2016, 08:07 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad74 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I think that the game is attempting to put out a base of content before a large advertising push. That's the only thing that makes sense to me with the scale of production vs. the relatively small amount of exposure it's gotten. The game isn't supposed to be popular yet, just developing a small player base while enough content to actually deck and army build is released. That's my hope at least.

I'm not familiar at all with board game marketing. Is this a legit marketing model? Are there examples of it working? While I want to believe it, it seems like a strange way of going about things, and not likely to succeed.
No. The only potential way anything like this works is if word of mouth is your intended marketing campaign. Magic is already well known and doesn't need word of mouth. It needs content.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:08 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

It was just a guess I had. It seems really strange that they are selling this game in Wal-Mart at cheap prices but not advertising it at all. I could see them being worried the game would fail without deckbuilding and armybuilding, so they decided to hold off on marketing until they have enough content to make it appealing to a large amount of people. I don't think it's a good strategy, it's just the only strategy that makes sense to me.
Old March 15th, 2016, 10:52 PM

sandlinger Woo who?
Unhappy Re: Hot new rumors for the next Major Expansion! Common Squa

I think word of mouth is the only advertising AoTP is getting so far. Not a lot of followers on face book and not a lot on their forum. When it released and seen that it didn't blow up had me worried, I do agree with there being more expansions per year. After the new expansion, which it's not even new anymore, I went back to playing heroscape.
Old March 17th, 2016, 02:48 PM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker

Based on this thread rumor and the official card game spoilers realeased so far, we got some potential planeswalkers:

Sorin (white and black): vampires and lifelink strategy.
Nahiri (white and red): equipment artifacts releated (colorless cards).
Arlinn Kord (green and red): werewolf and transform strategy (new planeswalker on the card game as well)

There's a jace planeswalker and probably Tamyio. But jace is pure blue, so I'd guess Tamyio is another good planeswalker for the expansion, in the colors of blue (her original color) and white or black.
Old March 17th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I was kind of disappointed at the first set that all the Planeswalkers were "Human". Give the varity of the worlds It would have been cool to see more diversity.

I like that the first expansion gave us some new species, but It seems not including Ajani (Lion Man) was a missed opportunity.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 17th, 2016, 10:15 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTempest View Post
There's a jace planeswalker and probably Tamyio. But jace is pure blue, so I'd guess Tamyio is another good planeswalker for the expansion, in the colors of blue (her original color) and white or black.
Sadly, Maro Confirmed 4 PWs in SoI. So Arlinn, Sorin, Jace, Nahiri. There's a chance we get Tamiyo in Eldritch Moon (the expansion nominally doesn't come out until after Eldritch Moon)
Old March 17th, 2016, 10:47 PM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTempest View Post
Sadly, Maro Confirmed 4 PWs in SoI. So Arlinn, Sorin, Jace, Nahiri. There's a chance we get Tamiyo in Eldritch Moon (the expansion nominally doesn't come out until after Eldritch Moon)
Yeah, I was talking about the entire block, not just this first one.
Old March 17th, 2016, 11:11 PM

zackzeta is surprisingly tart

these are the walkers so far spoiled for cards, we will most likely see there miniature counter parts. im sure just like the expansion things will tie to the lore and cards.
http://mythicspoiler.com/

Old March 18th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

We can bank on Arlinn, Nahiri, and Sorin. The remaining two, though, are more questionable.

A) Who will be in Eldritch Moon? Tamiyo is possible; she'd likely get a slot.
B) Liliana will definitely be showing up in Eldritch Moon. If Tamiyo shows up, would she or Jace get a new figure?
C) Would they create new versions of Jace/Lili or reach for older Innistrad characters instead? Tibalt? Garruk?

Tamiyo OR Jace is a lock, though. They need some Blue in there.
Old March 18th, 2016, 02:26 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I sure hope they don't redo characters. Raelin II and Drake II were to me the big disappointments of Swarm of the Marro, way back when. I want new people. If I want to pump others up, I can start them with treasure glyphs/artifacts!
Old April 13th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Almost a month and nothing new? Hasbro/WoTC aren't pushing this very hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News