Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 12th, 2012, 10:18 AM

Wheelockian is surprisingly tart
Could Netrunner be a good omen?

FFG just announced the reprint of Netrunner, a CCG owned by Wizards of the Coast that went defunct in the 90's. (It's an amazing game, by the way...) The cards on the FFG website still show a WotC copyright in addition to FFG's.

Anyway, though I'm firmly in the camp of "I'll believe it when I see it" in terms of Heroscape's resurrection, it did give me pause, only because it's a case of WotC licensing out one of their discontinued games. (And to FFG, at that.)

Who knows? Maybe it will happen some day, though hopefully it won't take 15 years, as in the case of Netrunner...
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:01 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Could Netrunner be a good omen?

Here's a link:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...%20Card%20Game

Hopefully promising, but Heroscape would be a much larger project than a stand-alone card game. Thanks for the info Wheelockian!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:42 AM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Of course, for those of us who really enjoyed netrunner back in the day, this is great news. Especially considering my card collection for that game is tiny at best.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yep, it's good news. But I must include a warning, if WOTC does this expect the price level of the new HS to be much higher. I think the basic reason they discontinued is there was just too much plastic for the buck.

And that makes me doubt they will. Who wants to try to ressurect a brand when so many people are used to low, low prices.
Old May 14th, 2012, 07:40 AM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
Yep, it's good news. But I must include a warning, if WOTC does this expect the price level of the new HS to be much higher. I think the basic reason they discontinued is there was just too much plastic for the buck.

And that makes me doubt they will. Who wants to try to ressurect a brand when so many people are used to low, low prices.
So they have a 10% price hike. It'll be slightly more money for us when buying things, but in the long run thats a amount of extra money in WotC's pockets.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:04 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I don't know, considering what folks are paying on ebay, I'd say a 'small' hike over the hay days of Scape would be a welcome reprieve.

-insert signature here-
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
Quote:

So they have a 10% price hike. It'll be slightly more money for us when buying things, but in the long run thats a amount of extra money in WotC's pockets.
Who says it would only be 10%?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
Quote:
... if WOTC does this expect the price level of the new HS to be much higher.
Who says it would only be 10%?
I think it will probably be on the order of at least 50%, and I expect a 100% price hike. If it ever comes back.

Remember a key ingredient is oil, and the price of that keeps on going up... and up.
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:15 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I, too, would expect a 50%-100% hike, simply because the distribution model would be different and probably much smaller-scale (i.e. hobby shops and online as opposed to Walmart). However, are raw materials (i.e. oil) really a primary cost driver? My guess is that it's a small slice of the pie compared to packaging, all the labor (working the molds, painting, packaging), shipping, and marketing/overhead.
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:46 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I, too, would expect a 50%-100% hike, simply because the distribution model would be different and probably much smaller-scale (i.e. hobby shops and online as opposed to Walmart).
That could be a good thing for us if it means better common/unique distribution.
Old May 14th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
My guess is that it's a small slice of the pie compared to packaging, all the labor (working the molds, painting, packaging), shipping, and marketing/overhead.
I would imagine that it would also include the cost of acquiring and maintaining the molds. Acquiring would be something that should be part of the contract when negotiating a purchasing/licensing price, but I would guess they aren't going to last forever. We could also have a situation not so directly related to cost where what is on an individual mold might be a problem when it comes to improving efficiency (read: higher demand minis on the same mold with lower demand minis).
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:09 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

I think that if HS were to return, it would be marketed in the niche gaming market: gaming stores and online. Would it be unreasonable to expect $100 -$120 for a new master set, with boosters in the $25-$40 range?

Not one step backwards!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion