Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 5th, 2018, 10:20 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla Reboot -- Interest Check

Old Threads

Boot Camp Headquarters
Boot Camp Design 1: Kobolds of Idona Keep
Boot Camp Design 2: Reaper Unicorn

My recollection is that the process would be that multiple minis would be nominated and discussed and then a public vote would be held (usually one vote to get down to 2-3 nominees and then a final vote) and then a mini would be selected for a group design where the entire public would be involved suggesting powers, names, stats, etc. followed by public playtesting and tweaking until the group thought it was ready for SoV submission.

After an SoV submission, the process would start again with miniature nominations.

The project died during the second unit design and, as superfrog mentioned, the first submission made it past the initial SoV judges vote, but was rejected in unified fanscape review.

The project, in general, suffered from the lack of design leads or management positions (in my opinion), but opinions varied strongly on that subject.

Old Polls
BCoV Session 1: Initial Vote
BCoV Session 1: Final Vote (Gug vs. Kobolds)
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I've always had a lot of affection for the BCoV, even if they both hit walls pretty hard and fell to the wayside (how did I end up leaving both of them??). I think it's a lot harder than it looks to put this sort of thing together - none of the "community units" submitted to the SoV ever made it through - but I'd love to follow along and see where it goes, at least.
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:50 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'm definitely interested in following this thread to see where it goes. Like I said in SF's thread, I love the mini and of course I'm gonna throw ideas out there.
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:57 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I've always had a lot of affection for the BCoV, even if they both hit walls pretty hard and fell to the wayside (how did I end up leaving both of them??). I think it's a lot harder than it looks to put this sort of thing together - none of the "community units" submitted to the SoV ever made it through - but I'd love to follow along and see where it goes, at least.
One did: Asterios. So 1 for 3 overall.
Old December 5th, 2018, 11:59 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Old Threads

Boot Camp Headquarters
Boot Camp Design 1: Kobolds of Idona Keep
Boot Camp Design 2: Reaper Unicorn

My recollection is that the process would be that multiple minis would be nominated and discussed and then a public vote would be held (usually one vote to get down to 2-3 nominees and then a final vote) and then a mini would be selected for a group design where the entire public would be involved suggesting powers, names, stats, etc. followed by public playtesting and tweaking until the group thought it was ready for SoV submission.

After an SoV submission, the process would start again with miniature nominations.

The project died during the second unit design and, as superfrog mentioned, the first submission made it past the initial SoV judges vote, but was rejected in unified fanscape review.

The project, in general, suffered from the lack of design leads or management positions (in my opinion), but opinions varied strongly on that subject.

Old Polls
BCoV Session 1: Initial Vote
BCoV Session 1: Final Vote (Gug vs. Kobolds)
Yeah, I think the first go-around produced a very interesting card (although I think the Warrior synergy was a bridge too far, you could get this huge attack boost once Raelin died).

Not sure why the second one fizzled out as it did.

If we were to copy the old idea 100%, we could do a poll to pick the figure, definitely. I just saw a lot of interest in this specific sculpt when I posted a design in my customs thread (and the design was nothing remotely special).

I think this is the sort of project that @Lamaclown might be a good facilitator for. Plus it gives people the chance to act on his most recent customs advice!
Old December 5th, 2018, 12:41 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that everyone’s life got in the way for the second project. It happens unfortunately.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 5th, 2018, 01:28 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In spire of what I said earlier, I have had some ideas occur to me for the this miniature (if we do decide to use it, in any case). I understand a lot of other people are kept busy by life commitments and other commitments on this site, so if there was need for me to take a more active role I would be willing to step in.

Of course, SoV designing isn't my usual wheelhouse, so this would be contingent on this project having no issue with my relative lack of experience.
Old December 5th, 2018, 01:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
In spire of what I said earlier, I have had some ideas occur to me for the this miniature (if we do decide to use it, in any case). I understand a lot of other people are kept busy by life commitments and other commitments on this site, so if there was need for me to take a more active role I would be willing to step in.

Of course, SoV designing isn't my usual wheelhouse, so this would be contingent on this project having no issue with my relative lack of experience.
And the nice thing about a project like this is that it's really a no-experience-necessary type of thing. Sure, it helps to know what types of things are likely to run into problems with the SoV judges (like Raelin synergy), but anybody can contribute and have their ideas folded in. It's a very low bar for involvement, and that's on purpose.
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:11 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
And the nice thing about a project like this is that it's really a no-experience-necessary type of thing. Sure, it helps to know what types of things are likely to run into problems with the SoV judges (like Raelin synergy), but anybody can contribute and have their ideas folded in. It's a very low bar for involvement, and that's on purpose.
I really like this as it allows for newer designers to be a part of a community project.
Great thought reviving this, SF!
I would be willing to be a part of this in whatever capacity I am able.
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:16 PM
This is merely a joke.

Okay, it looks like we have a fair amount of people interested (AYP, Astro, Lama, P_K, johnny139, fs93). Definitely enough to get this going.

So, do we want to pursue this mini (which likely involves somebody buying it and checking that it fits on a peanut), or open it up to other nominations?
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:19 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm interested, but can't promise I'll always be here. I'll certainly try to drop in when I can though.

I don't feel particularly inspired by that mini, but that doesn't really mean a whole lot.
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:21 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the mini a lot, though without scale its hard to tell if it would go on a peanut base, a large single base, or if none of those would work. My preference is to stick with it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards