Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:31 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) Discussion Thread

Well, looks like I need to put some votes out there.

Although it has already been defeated, I am also going to vote no to the current version of "under the el" (with an eye towards a revamped version) the map is so close to being great, it just needs that final bit of tweaking to get it where it needs to be. I love the theme of the map and look forward to the updated version.

I am going to say yes for accepting "close quarters combat" for review. This map has the potential that we are looking for. I am a little concerned with the starting zones, but that is what playtesting is for. I look forward to giving this one a go.

I am also going to say yes for reviewing "hurricane lobby". I believe this map deserves it's due process before suggesting any changes. It, much like "close quarters combat" has a lot of potential.

I am however going to have to say no to reviewing "devestated building v.5". Although the premise is a good one, the map just does not have the theme and look that we are going for in this project.

edit: 700th post!

Current Status:
Updated: 1/3/09
BoM seal bieng reviewed
BoM seal by Vydar is the man
YES:5 (peteparkerh, The Silver Surfer, Spidysox, ET86, stumpy_man); NO:0 (); Pending:1 (Ugly-Caco)

**ACCEPTED**

Maps Currently being reviewed:
Under the "EL" by Jodokast
YES = 1 (Ugly-Caco); NO = 4 (Peteparkerh, ET86,
Silver Surfer, spidysox); Pending = 1 (Stumpy_man)

**DEFEATED** -Pending a remake-

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Close Quarters Combat by ~ET86
YES = 3 (Silver Surfer, stumpy_man, spidysox); NO = 0 ();Pending = 2 (Ugly-Caco, Peteparkerh)

*ET86 removed from review process per map creator

Hurricane Lobby by Ugly-Caco
YES = 2 (stumpy_man, spidysox); NO = 2 (Silver Surfer, ET86);Pending = 1(Peteparkerh)

*Ugly-Caco removed from review process per map creator

Devastated Building V5 by Sup3rS0n1c
YES = 0 (); NO = 1 (spidysox);Pending = 5 ( stumpy_man, Peteparkerh, ET86, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco)

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 3rd, 2009, 08:41 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

I think I voted YES to Devastated building spidy.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 08:53 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Pete update the front page please.

Current Status:
Updated: 1/3/09

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Close Quarters Combat by ~ET86
YES = 3 (Silver Surfer, stumpy_man, spidysox); NO = 0 ();Pending = 2 (Ugly-Caco, Peteparkerh)

*ET86 removed from review process per map creator

Hurricane Lobby by Ugly-Caco
YES = 2 (stumpy_man, spidysox); NO = 2 (Silver Surfer, ET86);Pending = 1(Peteparkerh)

*Ugly-Caco removed from review process per map creator

Devastated Building V5 by Sup3rS0n1c
YES = 1 (stumpy_man); NO = 1 (spidysox);Pending = 4 ( Peteparkerh, ET86, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco)

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old January 3rd, 2009, 08:56 PM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

isn't close quarters accepted for review?

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:11 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think so but it's a judge's place to say so not mine.

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:53 PM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe5joe7 View Post
Not yet. We need 75% approval to review a map. As of right now we have 60%.

Just so everynoe knows, peteparkerh is away for his anniversary so I am sure he is not able to get to a computer very often to update things here. I am sure he will do so when he can.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Just so everynoe knows, peteparkerh is away for his anniversary so I am sure he is not able to get to a computer very often to update things here. I am sure he will do so when he can.
Someone needs to teach Mr parkerh about priorities.

-insert signature here-
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
I think she did!

Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:38 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe5joe7 View Post
No, but Hurricane Lobby is rejected.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:44 PM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
I think she did!
no, she taught him the wrong priorities

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:30 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

To clarify from the by-laws, a map only needs a majority vote to be accepted for review and then a super-majority for acceptance into the BoM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
SECTION 2: How maps are judged
Maps nominated for consideration will go through the following process after a majority of acceptance votes by the judges:
8. Maps that receive a super-majority of 75%of the Council will be formatted and given the Battlefields of Marvel Seal of Approval.
As of right now, Close Quarters Combat has enough votes to be considered, "Under Review" and Hurricane Lobby has NOT been rejected until peteparkerh casts the deciding vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Hey guys, sorry for interupting in here. Just wanted to get a quick post in. I've been a silent watcher so far, as I felt that the community wouldn't support this enough to make it work. However, I believe I am wrong, and I love what's going on here. Keep up the good work! Some of these maps are amazing (the bridge being my favorite so far).

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios