Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 6th, 2018, 06:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: LC's Customs- Arrr... thar be Pirates here! 12/06/18

I have the guy in the middle. What I didnt like about the mini is he is quite a bit smaller than the 10th and 4th mass but has a similar look. I picked him up initially to make him a hero for one of the two.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 6th, 2018, 10:19 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I have the guy in the middle. What I didnt like about the mini is he is quite a bit smaller than the 10th and 4th mass but has a similar look. I picked him up initially to make him a hero for one of the two.
Bummer.
I guess I could give him a paint job and make a Napoleon figure out of him. We could always use more historical units, right?
Old December 6th, 2018, 11:18 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

OK, an updated Calico's Crew Card...

I adapted @lefton4ya 's Water Sneak ability. I simplified it a little for the sake of space. Hopefully it isn't convoluted from my simplification efforts.

I also beefed up their normal attack by 1.

I have them at 70 points for now.

Any thoughts?
Old December 6th, 2018, 11:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Bummer.
I guess I could give him a paint job and make a Napoleon figure out of him. We could always use more historical units, right?
Yeah. Never thought of that. He literally twice as thin as a 4th mass. Hes not terribly too much shorter. I just remember being fairly dissapointed when he arrived in the mail.

Old December 7th, 2018, 10:13 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Overall like changes to Calico Crew. Yeah that Water Sneak power is hard to word as it is essentially 3 different water-related powers in one - slither, water +attack, and water disengage. Is it sad that I thought of a fourth water power (and a better name for the power)? Probably too much to add to one power, but I do like the bonding and "Keep to the Code" so up to you want you have.
"LURK IN WATER":
If a Calico Crew figure is on a water space, opponent's figures must be adjacent to attack them with a normal attack.
Old December 7th, 2018, 12:16 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Overall like changes to Calico Crew. Yeah that Water Sneak power is hard to word as it is essentially 3 different water-related powers in one - slither, water +attack, and water disengage. Is it sad that I thought of a fourth water power (and a better name for the power)? Probably too much to add to one power, but I do like the bonding and "Keep to the Code" so up to you want you have.
"LURK IN WATER":
If a Calico Crew figure is on a water space, opponent's figures must be adjacent to attack them with a normal attack.
I like this ability for my frog people that Id like to revamp. Im not too sure about non amphibious creatures lurking in wait.

Old December 7th, 2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
"LURK IN WATER":
I like that as well. For now, since I won't be able to play test them until this weekend, I will keep them as is. I will see how play testing goes and go from there.

I will be play testing them with these heroes just to see if they all jive as well as I hope...

I will play test the 3 other heroes as I get a chance.

Thanks for the input and ideas everyone!

Last edited by Lamaclown; December 8th, 2018 at 10:10 AM.
Old December 7th, 2018, 05:01 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

When do you reveal the X Order Marker on Calico Jack?
Old December 8th, 2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
When do you reveal the X Order Marker on Calico Jack?
Ooops... that was the brainstorm draft of the ability on the card. I updated the card in the above post with the actual final ability. I am not certain on the wording.

The intent:
At anytime during the round, on your turn you can reveal the X OM and move and attack with Calico's Crew. After that you can then reveal whatever numbered OM is the appropriate number for that turn of the round.

Thanks for pointing that out @Astroking112
Old December 11th, 2018, 03:22 PM

Alright, after play testing Calico’s Crew and Jack and Mary here is what I discovered.

Calico’s Crew
Pirate Hero Bonding: No issues here. It works like any other bonding ability.

Keep to the Code: I had a toned down Scatter a la Deathreavers in mind when I designed the ability. In order to trigger the ability a squaddie has to be destroyed and any “scattering” figures must be adjacent to the destroyed figure. This was definitely a controlling factor in keeping the ability tone down. Due to their range of 1 it meant they were often not only adjacent to the destroyed figure, but also the attacking figure. If they did decide to “scatter” this meant they were subject to leaving engagement attacks- not pretty when it is 1 life squaddies on the line. It wasn’t always like that but often. Of course it would be an easy fix to add a disengage clause to the ability, but I hate to “fix” an ability with a cheap and easy fix just because it was more difficult to utilize than I would like.

Water Sneak: I was able to pull off several triple attacks of 4. However, I exploited a weakness in the wording of the ability. It was risky, but still almost guilt inducing. A few times, to see if it would be worth the risk, I had squaddies engaged with a unique hero at the beginning of their turn. I risked the leaving engagement attack to disengage from the hero, move the squaddie over a water space and re-engage the same hero in order to have the added attack die. Even at the loss of a squaddie here and there it was a cheap shot that resulted in a net gain for me. It really broke the theme of the ability to exploit the mechanic of the ability. Cheating or strategy- you decide.

Calico Jack
Pirate Captain: Worked as planned. No bonding loops created.

Ambush: worked as planned. Simple and straight forward.

Water Sneak: Used same strategy of moving through water and right back to where he was to gain the extra attack die. This was pretty potent giving him a ranged attack of 5.

Mary Read
Bolt and Bash: A fun ability to use. It requires some clarification though. Questions arose of what if Mary used all her movement before attacking? Does she still get to move again since it says she must be able to move adjacent to the defending figure using her normal movement? After all, her normal movement was used up already. I played that she could not move since her movement was already used up.

Water Sneak: Bolt and Bash did prevent the sneaky use of Water Sneak to gain the extra attack die. If she used her movement to move into water and right back to where she was, she sometimes didn’t have enough movement left to make use of Bolt and Bash.

So, should Bolt and Bash be worded so that she can move only 5 spaces per turn period, or should it be worded so that regardless of how much she moved before attacking, she can still move after the attack to use Bolt and Bash. How I resolve that will have an effect on her point cost for sure.

I may revisit Water Sneak's wording as well.

Any thoughts on any of this?
Old December 12th, 2018, 09:43 AM

OK, while I work on refining the pirates, here is a unit my boys had an idea for and I helped them refine little bit.

The idea came from the empty base of a Pathfinder Battles figure who was rebased for HS. My 6 year old saw it and started pretending the werewolf was Wile E. Coyote and it went from there. I am sure you will see their Looney Tunes inspiration for this VERY outside the box custom...

It does also have a Wormhole Trap ability the boys especially like to victimize their opponent with but it won't fit in the card.

Quote:
WORMHOLE TRAP
After placing one end of Pitt, before placing the other end, you may choose any small or medium opponents figure within Pitt’s movement range and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, place Pitt on the space the chosen figure is occupying and place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to the other end of Pitt. Figures moved with Wormhole Trap will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Honestly, although it is not real feasible as a unit right now (at least not outside of my family) I am intrigued with the possibilities.

Anyhow, my boys wanted me to post their custom so here it is.
Old December 12th, 2018, 03:58 PM

Ok, here are some revised wordings for the Pirate abilities.

First...
Quote:
WATER SNEAK (original)
Calico Jack does not have to stop his movement when entering a water space. If Calico Jack moves on or through a water space add 1 to his attack that turn. If Calico Jack begins his movement on a water space he will not receive any leaving engagement attacks.
Quote:
WATER SNEAK (revised)
Calico Jack does not have to stop his movement when entering a water space. If Calico Jack began his turn on a water space add 1 to his attack that turn. Calico Jack will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving on or through water spaces.
This should remedy the exploitation of moving back and forth in water to get the extra attack die; that was a major theme breaker for me. Also, I thought it more thematic as well to allow them to sneak past land lubbers if they were in water. It conjures the image of a pirate holding his dagger in his mouth as he quietly slips through the water toward his hapless victim.

Secondly...
Mary Read and
Quote:
BOLT AND BASH (original)
If Mary Read inflicts 1 or more wounds on an enemy figure that is not adjacent but does not destroy it, you may move Mary Read adjacent to that figure and roll 1 attack die. If you roll a skull that figure receives one additional wound. Mary Read must be able to move adjacent to the chosen figure using her normal movement in order to use Bolt and Bash.
Quote:
BOLT AND BASH (revised)
If Mary Read inflicts 1 or more wounds on an enemy figure that is not adjacent but does not destroy it, you may move Mary Read adjacent to that figure and roll 1 attack die. If you roll a skull that figure receives one additional wound. Bolt and Bash can be used only if Mary Read has enough movement remaining for that turn to move adjacent to the defending figure.
This rewording prevents her from having a threat range of 10 (move 5, attack with range, inflict wound, move 5 spaces with normal movement to inflict additional damage). Now, if she moves 2 spaces and attacks at range she can only move up to 3 spaces to move adjacent to the affected figure. If the figure is more than 3 spaces away, she cannot use Bolt and Bash.

Any thoughts?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards