Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old March 2nd, 2017, 03:27 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Sounds like a good idea to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 2nd, 2017, 03:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Here's my off-the-cuff thoughts:

It's gotta be interlocking or at the very least hex-based to be super helpful to mapmakers. The only terrain expansion that didn't have tiles to stand on was TJ, but that comes with special rules. "Releasing" some terrain obstacles which you'll just plop on top of your existing maps doesn't seem like it's very creative. If we could come up with innovative rules, I could see maybe working with it.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 04:02 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Here's my off-the-cuff thoughts:

It's gotta be interlocking or at the very least hex-based to be super helpful to mapmakers. The only terrain expansion that didn't have tiles to stand on was TJ, but that comes with special rules. "Releasing" some terrain obstacles which you'll just plop on top of your existing maps doesn't seem like it's very creative. If we could come up with innovative rules, I could see maybe working with it.
My idea (though I didn't say it) was that these obstacles would be attached to heroscape terrain and you'd show how these terrain obstacles should be attached so that there's some uniformity when used in mapmaking.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Terrain is really hard to introduce.

It has been rarely done with any of major custom projects.

Cool fences!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 2nd, 2017, 07:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Custom terrain in this aspect would need to do a couple things:
Bring new map building aesthetics.
Look great
Have availability
Add to the game.

Even though it looks neat fences and firepits dont really add anything but visuals. Except now melee squads would have an even harder time reaching ranged units. For instance. There are special rules for snow, ice, lava,shadow, and you can even hide by the bushes of jungle pieces. This adds different elements to the game. The castle set brought line of sight blockers ladders and even a destructable door piece. Itd have to be something that adds to the game. If it had a cool theme thatd be cool too. Terrain is hard, as tornado said. Especially when that interlocking hex design is copyrighted. Closest thing you could do is find something neat that could be 3d printed. @srmalloy has done some stuff that could be duplicated.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 2nd, 2017, 07:09 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@TREX you make some great points, and I'd have to agree. My hope was to get people thinking about ways maybe we could accomplish this and get new expansions that WOULD add to the game.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 3rd, 2017, 04:56 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I've wanted to try and think of good way of doing this for a while. One thought I had was getting something 3D printed, and then making a mold out of it. As long as the 3D print has the pieces made so that they can lock onto the top of the terrain hexes, it should work.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 09:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Leaf_It , srmalloy has done a ton of different things that could be ways of doing that with evergreen tree type bases on the 3d printer. Before him I did the same thing with molds. It works well. You could do a terrain piece on something like that but making it fan scape is a whole new level.

Old March 3rd, 2017, 09:39 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Custom terrain in this aspect would need to do a couple things:
Bring new map building aesthetics.
Look great
Have availability
Add to the game.

Even though it looks neat fences and firepits dont really add anything but visuals. Except now melee squads would have an even harder time reaching ranged units. For instance. There are special rules for snow, ice, lava,shadow, and you can even hide by the bushes of jungle pieces. This adds different elements to the game. The castle set brought line of sight blockers ladders and even a destructable door piece. Itd have to be something that adds to the game. If it had a cool theme thatd be cool too. Terrain is hard, as tornado said. Especially when that interlocking hex design is copyrighted. Closest thing you could do is find something neat that could be 3d printed. @srmalloy has done some stuff that could be duplicated.
I was under that impression also TREX. Can you confirm the copyright on the interlocking hexes?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 3rd, 2017, 11:34 AM
"like" happy

@Tornado , yeah, they made quite a big deal about it with the other company Hyground that wanted to kickstart HS type terrain. I would Imagine if anyone that was trying for that and stated that would know. If it wasn't a problem they could have just knocked off HS terrain.

Old March 3rd, 2017, 01:05 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

The custom terrain I would most heartily approve of is Crypoliths and the mats from Magic:Arena (see Could Crypoliths have a place in Competitive HeroScape? and/or my Herosape and Magic:AotP Cryptolith Map Contest) - as they look beautiful with Heroscape terrain, add another terrain type (2 if you count weirded spaces), speed up map building, and allow newer players to be able to build more maps, in addition to AotP units that would make great customs converted to Heroscape units (we just got to get the points right on the Heroscape scale, especially with squads either having one life or made as common squads])

The only terrain that I have seen fit really well is a Dinosaurs Bucket from Wal-mart or Toys-R-Us/Animal Planet that includes rocks and trees that fit perfectly both it both look and on terrain (in addition to Dinosaurs that would make great customs )

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 3rd, 2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 08:52 PM
"like" happy

I would love it if someone could add cryptoliths and the terrain boards to virtualscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs