Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old January 25th, 2022, 04:14 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Comics Guide and Theme Review

The original run (starting in My Greatest Adventure before that book just got retitled to Doom Patrol) is one of the most bizarre and off-beat books of the Silver Age and the Morrison iteration the book is rightfully hailed as a classic.

There's a ton of missing Patrollers, but Mento and Crazy Jane are the ones I'm hoping to relatively soon. They feel like big missing pieces, and would give the team some much-needed army-building options.
Old January 26th, 2022, 07:59 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

C3G’s Comics Recommendations

Best Introduction:
- Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison: Book One
I've just started the renowned reinterpretation of the team, so I’ve only read the first issue or two so far, but I’m already into it.
Just found out about Rachel Pollack's run, I'll have to dive right into that too. : )

Iconic/Must Reads:
~ Doom Patrol (TV series)
I love this show.

Thematic Favorites

Best Design of the Bunch:
Negative Man/Negative Spirit combo, but they're all fantastic.

Future Design Ideas:
Need Crazy Jane, but also Mento, Danny, and Dorothy.

Last edited by Splash; January 30th, 2022 at 03:37 PM.
Old January 26th, 2022, 08:17 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Gar Logan aka Beast Boy/Changeling (Mainstream DC)

Salad-Heads
Beast Boy (60)
Beast Boy (Bear) (20)
Beast Boy (Cheetah) (20)
Beast Boy (Dolphin) (30)
Beast Boy (Pterodactyl) (40)
Beast Boy (T-Rex) (60)
Changeling (190)

---

RESULTS
Quote:
C3Gís Comics Recommendations

BEST INTRODUCTION
~ Teen Titans (TV series)

ICONIC/MUST READS
1 Vote
- Teen Titans vol. 3 (Vol 3: Beast Boys and Girls OR By Geoff Johns Book Two)

~ Titans (TV series)
HAPHAZARD CHRONOLOGY READING GUIDE FOR THE BRAVE AND FOOLHARDY
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; February 1st, 2022 at 02:26 PM.
Old January 26th, 2022, 08:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

As much as I love the original experiment of Beast Boy in concept, Changeling is the one I find myself pulling from the stack far more often these days. Doesn’t hurt that he came out in the release that was essentially themed around “Dear lord, please give this MrNobody fellow what he wants so he stops bothering us.”
Old January 27th, 2022, 09:07 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, Beast Boy was fun to try to put into practice, but I'd ultimately consider it a mildly failed experiment. Changeling is just a better way to do it.

Not sure of any classic Beast Boy stories in the comics. I've enjoyed him where he's popped up in the Titans comics I've read, but nothing super stands out.

I guess a tiger form would be cool for him since I have the mini.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 27th, 2022, 09:55 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Shoutout to the Teen Titan cartoon. Not sure how it holds up, but I really enjoyed it as a kid.

Changeling is my favorite Beast Boy in C3G, no doubt. would be down to see more animal forms for Beast Boy though.
Old January 27th, 2022, 11:12 AM

Supergoblin64 is surprisingly tart

Teen Titans Vol. 3: Beast Boys and Girls from Geoff Johns' Titans run has my favorite Beast Boy stories. It contains a fun Beast Boy miniseries where Gar deals with some stuff from his past and meets his slacker cousin. Just a nice, light read that also features Nightwing. The volume also contains an arc where Gar fights someone with similar powers.
Old January 27th, 2022, 11:43 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Changeling is my favorite design. I’m not a big fan of using Beast Boy with the various forms, but I enjoy using a single form (like Cheetah) as filler in Titans armies.

I’ve read some Titans comics, but none really had a standout Beast Boy to me. He definitely has a good presence in Teen Titans (Tv show) though.
Old January 27th, 2022, 03:41 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Beast Boy filler can be fun, yeah. I think I've done that with T-Rex and Pteradactyl the most.

The HBO Titans show is a good one if y'all haven't checked it out.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 27th, 2022, 09:18 PM

C3Gís Comics Recommendations

Best Introduction:
Iíve read a good amount of the original New Teen Titans run and Gar just didnít stick out to me much. Other than that I donít think Iíve read anything else with him in it, Iíd love to check out a more recent Titans series where heís a focus.

Iconic/Must Reads:
~ Teen Titans (TV series)
The 2000s cartoon was my favorite thing DC had to offer for a while and I definitely have some nostalgia tied to it. Beast Boy shines in the show.

Thematic Favorites

Best Design of the Bunch:
Changeling is just better functionally all around and hits all the right cues, but Beast Boy lets me actually turn him into all his animal forms, so I have to go with that one, despite the downsides.

Future Design Ideas
- A new Beast Boy (II) that makes it worth drafting all the beast forms with him. Iíve been working on a design actually.
Old January 28th, 2022, 12:58 AM

Would definitely love to see your take on Beast Boy (II).

Old January 28th, 2022, 09:47 PM

NEW WARRIORS

Remember Stamford.
Firestar (120)
Night Thrasher (170)
Speedball (150)

---

RESULTS
Quote:
C3G’s Comics Recommendations

BEST INTRODUCTION
- New Warriors vol. 1 (Classic Volume 1 OR Classic Omnibus Vol 1

ICONIC/MUST READS
1 Vote
- Civil War
HAPHAZARD CHRONOLOGY READING GUIDE FOR THE BRAVE AND FOOLHARDY
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; February 4th, 2022 at 07:34 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project