Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old June 11th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
IL-WI Battle Report 6/11/06

don't have time right now to do a lengthy battle report. so i'll just get this thread started if other players want to start posting. also, i didn't bring my camera so no pics from me this time. but jdtenor did take a few pics and we'll get them up in a day or two.

the basics...

we had 8 players. me, my son, my brother, chuynn, his son, djsmith, Joah, and jdtenor. everyone was instructed to bring 2 different premade 520p armies.

i setup my map in the dining room, djsmith setup his map in the basement rec room on the pingpong table. my parent's house turned out as a great place for HS since there's plenty of space.

rather than one game with 8 players (2 teams of 4) we decided to break out into 2 games of 4 players (teams of 2). i was hoping for 12 with 6 on each map but maybe next time.

more details will follow so i'll edit this first post later on. here's what i can post about for now...

==========

Game 1 (dining room table)

me and my brother (Team 1) vs. chuynn and his son (Team 2).
team 1 was victorious.

Team 1 (1040p)
--------------------
- my army (520p)
-- Mimring (150p)
-- Grimnak (120p)
-- Swog Rider (x2 50p)
-- Arrow Gruts (x3 120p)
-- Blade Gruts (x2 80p)
--------------------
- my brother's army (520p)
-- Krug (120p)
-- Tornak (100p)
-- Nerak (50p)
-- Swog Rider (x2 50p)
-- Blade Gruts (x3 120p)
-- Arrow Gruts (x2 80p)

Team 2 (1015p)
--------------------
- chuynn's army (510p)
-- Krug (120p)
-- Microcorp Agents (x2 200p)
-- Roman Legionnaires (x3 150p)
-- Theracus (40p)
---------------------------
- his son's army (505p)
-- Venoc Warlord (120p)
-- Sentinels of Jandar (110p)
-- Minions of Utgar (110p)
-- Gorillinators (90p)
-- MeBurqSa (50p)
-- Dumutef Guard (25p)

==========

Game 2 (pingpong table)

my son and jdtenor (Team 1) vs. Joah and djsmith (Team 2)
Team 1 was victorious

Team 1
--------------------
- my son's army (505p)
-- Mimring (150p)
-- Saylind (80p)
-- Dumutef Guard (x3 75p)
-- Microcorp Agents (x2 200p)
--------------------
jdtenor's army (details coming soon...)

Team 2
--------------------
djsmith's army (details coming soon...)
--------------------
Joah's army (details coming soon...)
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:01 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
SpencerLASQ has a horrible habit of rolling too many skulls. Gary, you should look into that. I went mostly Ullar. Spencer's Mimring put the HURT on my army in round #3. Ran upstairs for a Dr.Pepper, came back to a "line of fire" beatdown. I never recovered. A lot of horrible rolls. Spence & jd had Dj & I on the ropes by round four. I had a great time though. I'll add more once the bloody pictures are posted.
Old June 12th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
yeah, he was pretty pleased with himself after you guys left . he's clobbered me more times than i care to admit. ask djsmith or jdtenor about what his microcorp agents did after you left.

thanks to whoever it was that let him use their Braxas in the second game you guys played in the basement (while we continued our marathon game upstairs). he really had fun playing that fig.

wish i had taken my camera but oh well. however, it was nice to just play the game without worrying about doubling as event photographer this time.
Old June 12th, 2006, 06:23 AM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Looking forward to the full report! Thanks!

-Ski
Old June 12th, 2006, 09:04 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ

thanks to whoever it was that let him use their Braxas in the second game you guys played in the basement (while we continued our marathon game upstairs). he really had fun playing that fig.
dj, you let that little skull-roller get his hands on Braxy?
Old June 12th, 2006, 04:51 PM

chuynn Woo who?
This is the report of team 2 Chuynn & son, on the "Dining room Marathon game"
--------------------------
Chuynn's Army: (510p)

Krug-120p

Microcorp
Agents-x2-200p

Roman
legionnaires-x3-150p

Theracus-40p
& Sons Army505p)

Venoc
Warlord-120p

Sentinels
of Jandar-110p

Minions
of Utgar-110p

Gorillinators-90p

Me-Burq-sa-50p

Dumutef
Guard-25p
--------------------
The map was great, the fighting bloody, and ugly little blue guys every were!!!

In the end we lost the field, but learned alot!!!!

Thanks Gary for hosting a great game.

Did we really play 1 game for 6 hrs.? WOW!!!!!! I hope to be back in July.

I will have to change my signature to "The more orcs there are, the greater the (our) blood will be spilt !!!!!

The more there are the greater the glory!!!!
Old June 12th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuynn
The map was great, the fighting bloody, and ugly little blue guys every were!!! In the end we lost the field, but learned alot!!!! Did we really play 1 game for 6 hrs.? WOW!!!!!! I hope to be back in July.
thanks! i can't get enough map building. it's my first map that uses just about every scrap of terrain i own (to-date). still gotta get in a six player game on it...

i've played the nearly all-Orc army (about 500 points) before but never as a team like that for about 1000 points total. i had to try it once i finally noticed that Orc Warrior Enhancement and Orc Archer Enhancement work with friendlies not just "figures you control". (Although, the Bondings are just with "figures you control".) so i mixed it up intentionally, giving each player on the team some Arrow Gruts and Blade Gruts with appropriate heroes.

so chuynn (and son), THANK YOU for putting up with my "Orc experiment". my brother and i may have won, but we won ugly. for starters i sprung it on him and we didn't talk strategy ahead of time. so it took us way too long to get our troop movement coordinated (HUGE bottleneck on the bridge).

and i also learned a lot! i made the mistake of only marking the underside of my common Orc figures (so my brother an i could tell them apart) and of course we were constantly flipping them over to look for the mark (or lack of a mark) underneath - oops. i'll be marking the outside edges of each squad with different colors before the next time i try "Team Orc" again for sure! THANKS for putting up with that.

i hope to host another event this summer at my parent's house. we could easily have 3 games going at once with 6 players on each map. and next time let's hope we have 3 big CASTLE maps to play on

nice pic of your son terrorized by the Orc horde. hope it didn't give him nightmares.
Old June 21st, 2006, 09:52 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Hey guys
I had a blast at the game way to go Spencer good job on that game
well my Team was

jdtenor's TEAM

Alastair MacDirk-110pts

MacDirk Warriors-80pts

Krav Maga Agents-100pts

Venoc Warlord-120pts

Venoc Vipers-40pts

Aubien Archers-70pts

dj map kicked butt, dj i stole some of your relic ideas were playing them on sunday sorry it took me so long to check in, I'm posting the pic right now, had lots of fun. Gary thank you & your parents for yall hospitality
Old June 21st, 2006, 10:41 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Pics are up in my gallery
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:27 PM
Spin Master

cool. thanks JD. i thought this thread was dead
link to JD's pics...http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...s.php?album=94

i'll try to remember more details from my game and post 'em.

btw, i guess we should start talking "IL-WI July Border Game". my parent's place again??
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:53 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I am definitely down to play again. Let me know a date and I will make sure I am there. I will try and remember what armies I used for the last border battle and update that. It's hard to remember what I had because they died so quickly!! Spencer and jdtenor put the hurtin' on Joah and me!

Note to self: Alastair "Mac"JERK" is banned from teleporting ever again! just kidding.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports