Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old June 5th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
GaryLASQ Battle Report 6/5

play tested a revised scenario, called "Bring Me Some Orcs", for my recently improved Muspellgata map. (https://heroscape.glasq.com/battlefi...f0018.html#s01)

the scenario is not on my site or in the download section here yet since i just tried out a 3 player version of it today. i'll get the scenario posted tonight or tomorrow...

anyhow, it was a 3 player game. my 10 year old son and a friend of his were teamed up against me.

my army (790p):
Mimring (150p)
Krug (120p)
Grimnak (120p)
Arrow Gruts (x3 120p)
Tornak (100p)
Blade Gruts (x2 80p)
Nerak (50p)
Swog Rider (x2 50p)

son Spencer's army (340p)
Tagawa Samurai (120p)
Airborne Elite (110p)
Shaolin Monks (x1 80p)

friend Kevin's army (320p)
Microcorp Agents (x2 200p)
Venoc Vipers (x3 120p)

the scenario predetermines my (mostly Orc) army. the other two players are on a team and can draft up to 340 points each. so the above points looks imbalanced but since it's 2 against 1 it evens out.

plus the scenario is not a kill-em-all. my objective is to get my Orc army from one side of the map to the other. doing this successfully with an Orc is called "Delivering" an Orc.

the scenario has the following point system.
-1 : Destroys a friendly common-hero or squad figure.
-2 : Destroys a friendly unique-hero figure.
+1 : Destroys an enemy non-Orc common-hero or squad figure.
+2 : Destroys an enemy non-Orc unique-hero figure.
+2 : Destroys an enemy Orc common-hero or squad figure.
+3 : Destroys an enemy Orc unique-hero figure.
+4 : Player 1 delivers an Orc figure to the other side of the map.

so they get more points for destroying my Orc figures than i do for destroying their figures. they are on a team but are also going for an individual victory of the most points. so at some point they could decide to turn on each other (which didn't happen...this time).

the game came down to the wire. it hinged on a final initiative roll. if i won initiative i could move my last two remaining Orcs to the other side for 4 points each. if Kevin won initiative he could potentially destoy my last two Orcs allowing the current point leader, Spencer, to win the game. Spencer was out of the game but still in the lead point-wise.

i lost initiative and Kevin won. he destroyed my Orcs using his Microcorp Agents, giving the victory to Spencer. they were both pretty excited.

some hilights:

Spencer got AE in on the second round and grenaded 16 points (8 figures) of Orcs. this ultimately is what won him the game. but his AE didn't live long. my Mimring turned right around and firelined 3 out of 4 AEs and Grimnak chomped the fourth before he got a second turn with his AE.

Spencer also got 1 Samurai up to 3 experience markers (mostly from counter strike - dummy me) but i managed to kill it with Arrow Gruts that had height advantage and Swog perks. Spencer's 3 monks did little damage.

my Grimnak had some extended chomping fun because of a healing Kelda glyph (2 Kelda's and 2 Sturla's were the only glyphs on the map). bonuses and bonding kept my Orcs strong against Frenzied Vipers which had little impact against me.

interestly, my Krug never saw any action the entire game. the rest of my figs were kept too busy for me to use him effectively (maybe next time...).

Kevin hasn't played much and was not as aggresive as he should have been. but his drafting of Microcorp was a great choice considering the terrain he started in. they fired down on my Orcs in a big way getting him most of his points for the scenario. his Vipers didn't do so well.

so the final result Spencer won with 25 points, i was second with 23 points and Kevin last with 21 points. an exciting balanced game/scenario. it's a scenario i came up with a long time ago but only just recently simplified and improved. keep watching my site or download thread for the "Bring Me Some Orcs" scenario.

sorry, no pictures this time...

Last edited by GaryLASQ; April 5th, 2022 at 11:40 PM.
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:50 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
When I was reading the armies I thought you were going to win. Oh well, nice battle report though.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports