Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old March 6th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 1/12/17 - Mountainside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Bringing this thread back......sorry for my hiatus. Need someone to finally show me how to get maps up on this site though (also I gotta use something other than Photobucket), I'm not very adept at these sort of things haha.

I have like 10+ tournament maps done and ready to go that I'm stoked about. So if someone cares to help me or walk me through getting them up, you will be forever appreciated and the brownie points will be astronomical.
A couple of them are submissions for the ARV Map Contest right?
If I can get them up on this site haha then yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Quote:
Bringing this thread back......sorry for my hiatus. Need someone to finally show me how to get maps up on this site though (also I gotta use something other than Photobucket), I'm not very adept at these sort of things haha.

I have like 10+ tournament maps done and ready to go that I'm stoked about. So if someone cares to help me or walk me through getting them up, you will be forever appreciated and the brownie points will be astronomical.
I've been using this site to post things on the fourms. All the photobucket pictures come up for me and its frustrating.
Thanks a lot homie, Mountainside pictures are back up
Old March 6th, 2018, 07:45 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:

Once you have the PDF with the build instructions ready, and a map image ready (make sure it's not a .bmp image file because the site won't display it properly) follow these steps:

At the top of the page click "Downloads".
Right under the navigation bar, click "Add".
Fill out the Name, who the author was, the Description etc.
Once you have filled all that out, under the description feild, set the category to "Battlefeilds".
Under the category selection, click the "Browse" button.
Find the PDF file for your map on your computer, and click "Open".
Then, after all of that is done, at the bottom of the page, click "Add File".

Once you have your file uploaded to can add an image to it.
While looking at the download page for your newly uploaded map PDF file, find and click the "Browse" button towards the bottom of the page.
Find the map image that corresponds with the PDF you uploaded, and click "Open".
Then click "Add Image".

Taduh. You have now uploaded, and setup a map for download to this site. You can copy the URL and post it in this thread to attract attention to it. The Map image will give interested parties something to look at, and to help them decide it they like the map. You can also post the image in this thread to help attract attention to it.
My main problem is I don't know how to get the maps into PDF files; the maps are just HSC files on my computer that are each titled '(MapName).hsc'. Do you guys convert these into PDF files somehow?
Old March 6th, 2018, 09:29 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You need a PDF writer. Windows 10 comes with one, but you can also download CutePDF for free. Then go File --> Print, and choose the PDF option as your printer. It'll open a new dialog where you can choose the file name to save your PDF.
Old September 20th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Rebooting this. It's time to finally get my stuff up here for people to be able to use in competitive games. I have about 15 maps done and 5+ more in the works, just need help posting them, which I'll be working on the next few days.

Stay tuned.
Old December 31st, 2018, 11:53 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Did I do it correctly @Flash_19 ? I kept the pictures I had up, just added a download link.

I will post Flanked next (it's a 1 RotV+1 RttFF map)

Edit: Figured out how to make pdf's, should be all set now.

Last edited by Cleon; December 31st, 2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old December 31st, 2018, 12:32 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Did I do it correctly @Flash_19 ? I kept the pictures I had up, just added a download link.

I will post Flanked next (it's a 1 RotV+1 RttFF map)

Edit: Figured out how to make pdf's, should be all set now.
Yep, looks like you did it right! I was able to download your map Mountain Side. I see the image for Flanked - but I’m guessing you haven’t gotten the download link for it yet. Glad to see your maps starting to get up! Let me know if you need more help with anything.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 31st, 2018, 01:17 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Thanks to tremendous help from Flash_19, Mountsainside is up for download! And, here are two more maps - Flanked and Old Heat!

Flanked:

Download

Sets Required: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs
Description: This map was intended to be much more asymmetrical than it turned out to be, but I'm very satisfied with it. Basically it's a build up to the road in the middle, with roads available on both sides of the start zones. The ruins and tree clusters keep cover from the middle road and highest points on the map. Glyphs are down in the water and are accessible from both the road and pathway (to the righside) of each start zone, and just the road from the left. The name is the idea of flanking units, moving around the trees or ruins and sneak attacking units in the middle. Also, the water tiles on the higher levels you can flank around, if units are trying to infiltrate your start zone once they get passed the ruins.

Old Heat:

Download

Sets Required: 1 RotV, 1 VW
*Terrain Not Used: 4 Water Tiles
Glyphs: 2 random Power Glyphs
Description: This might be one of my favorites of mine. It's a 1 VW RotV map that uses high molten lava spaces to provide more cover than just the ruins. This map combination can be difficult, and I think more cover is almost always better. Moltenclaw is the one thing that breaks just simply placing molten lava on high tiles, so I've made sure melee units can make it to all molten hexes, with adjacent spaces to each that aren't too low. It's basically symmetrical, other than the ruins, but how they're faced I think it's virtually equal for both sides. The start zones are the same for each but do not mirror each other the same way the rest of the map does, which I discovered I liked (two kinds of symmetry merged essentially). The glyph next to the lava tower is harder to get than the other one, but both are the same distance for each player. I came up with the name Old Heat due to the fact that I've been trying to make this map for a very long time, or at least had it in my head, and finally buckled down and came up with a result I like. It's almost like an 'old' map I made that finally came to fruition. Also it's like old volcanoes waking up, which I thought was dope.
Old January 1st, 2019, 03:05 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: 2 New Maps 12/31/18 - Flanked and Old Heat

I'm going to post some additional pictures of each of the three I have up today and possibly edit descriptions, but here's a rough (sneak peek) schedule of my maps to come for those interested:

4. Pathways (1 SotM, 1 TJ)
5. Hideout (1 RotV, 1 TT)
6. Breach (1 RotV, 1 FotA)
7. Impasse (1 SotM, 1 RttFF)
8. Mystic (1 BftU, 1 TT) (name subject to change)
9. The Flow (1 RotV, 1 VW, 1 TJ)
10. Secret Cemetery (1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF)
11. Ambush (1 RotV, 1 RttFF)
12. Greenlands (1 RotV, 1 TJ, 1 RttFF)
13. Bloodlands (1 RotV, 1 VW, 1 RttFF)
14. Keep Low (1 SotM, 1 TJ)
15. Untitled (1 SotM, 1 TT)
16. Untitled (1 RotV, 1 TT)
17. Crush (1 SotM, 1 VW)
18. Spider's Den (1 SotM, 1 RttFF)
19. Morning Skirmish (1 RotV, 1 RttFF)
20. Arroyo (1 RotV, 1 BftU)
21. Frost Giants (1 RotV, 1 TT)
22. The Trench (1 SotM, 1 BftU)

Probably will post Pathways later today if I have time.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 02:20 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: 2 New Maps 12/31/18 - Flanked and Old Heat

First map upload to start off 2019, here's my SotM/TJ map (and first SotM type map upload), Pathways!

Download

It's a 1 SotM + 1 TJ map I've had finished for a while now. I used to have a 1 SotM map called Moist Paths I made a wayyy long time ago, so the name is a throwback to that.

It uses 2 Power Glyphs and 1 Treasure Glyphs. It used to be 3 Power Glyphs, but I felt if the higher glyph was too strong, certain armies could grab it and dominate with the height surrounding it. I felt putting a Treasure Glyph there made it less of a dominant spot, and better distributed more focus on the rest of the map. Although 3 Power Glyphs can still probably work, too. As long as the glyph in the higher spot isn't that strong.

Enjoy

Next map is a Snow one called Hideout.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 12:56 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 1/1/19 - Pathways

Managed to find some time to get Hideout up:

Download

It uses Heavy Snow, and Normal Ice.

This is my first snow map thus far. I like the way it plays, basically you have a good amount of time to setup and traverse the height before you hit your opponent. On each side of the map is low icey water paths to the glyphs, and next to the 4-hex Glacier (and 3+1-hex on the other side) is a lower step up line of hexes for you to jump from the ice/water paths to the main raised part of the map, providing some cover. It's perfectly symmetrical (besides ruin size and 4-hex vs. 3+1-hex glaciers of course), the first one I've uploaded so far. I don't want to make too many perfectly symmetrical maps, as I feel like too many people do that and I want to focus on interesting asymmetries and balancing challenges, but I will have a far share of perfectly symmetrical maps as well. Next one is also perfectly symmetrical.

I might post another tonight (next one is a FotA one).

Let me know what you think, all feedback is appreciated
Old January 3rd, 2019, 09:28 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Maps - Pathways and Hideout

Here's my first FotA map, called Breach:

Download
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:16 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Re: Cleon's Maps: New Map 1/3/19 - Breach

Three 'new' maps!

Impasse:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 SotM, 1 RttFF

Mystic Discovery:

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 BftU, 1 TT
The TT rules are Heavy Snow and Normal Ice, and the Treasure Glyphs are optional.

The Flow:

Spoiler Alert!

Download

Sets Required: 1 RotV, 1 VW, 1 TJ

Enjoy. Next up is a cool aesthetics map I made called Secret Cemetery.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios