Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Closed Thread

Old May 25th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Marvelous Customs Project

Marvelous Customs By-Laws
Goal: To offer balanced customs modeled after the original Marvelscape Master Set released by Hasbro.

Section 1 - Nominating Customs
  1. A custom card may be nominated to be put through the Marvelous Customs review process by any member of heroscapers.com, including the creator of the custom. NOTE: If you are nominating someone else's card, you must first get their permission to nominate it for this project.
  2. There must be an opening within the customs under review to submit a nomination. There is a limit of FIVE customs under review at any given time. The number of customs under review and any open nomination spots will be maintained on the opening post on the DISCUSSION/NOMINATION thread.
  3. Only ONE custom from an individual creator may be nominated or under review at a time.
  4. A nominated card must represent a character from a comic book.
  5. A nominated card must be in a completed version to be nominated. A completed version contains: correct wording, an accurate point value. NOTE: This process will not alter the card in any way, so any customs that do not meet the completed version standards will be immediately dismissed.
  6. A creator may revoke the nomination of his/her card if he/she so desires at anytime during the process.
  7. To nominate a card, copy the following format and update it with the custom's information.
Spoiler Alert!

Section 2 - Judging Customs
  1. Each nominated custom must be approved by at least TWO judges to go under review.
  2. A nominated custom that is not approved to go under review may be renominated provided the custom is updated to reflect the issues brought up in its dismissal.
  3. Each custom under review will be reviewed by each of the active Marvelous Customs judges. Each active judge will playtest each figure to the level that he/she feels necessary to give an accurate and fair review to the custom.
  4. All active judges must present a review with a YES or NO vote on an under review custom within 30 days of its nomination.
  5. Consideration for admittance into the Marvelous Customs project will be based on the following factors:
  • Balance - A Marvelous Custom must fit within the balanced game system of Marvelscape. This means the power level of a custom will be accurately reflected by its cost when used with official Marvelscape figures and other approved Marvelous Customs. This also entails that a balanced Marvelous Custom must fit within classic Heroscape with the same ease as Marvelscape figures.
  • Simplicity - A Marvelous Custom must be mechanically simple to understand and use. This is factor is in place not to reduce creativity, but rather to stay true to the original Marvelscape characters.
  • Theme - A Marvelous Custom must 'feel' like the character it is portraying when they are played with. While this factor is somewhat arbitrary to the individual judges' perspectives, it is essential to a truly Marvelous Custom.
Section 3 - Approving Customs
  1. A custom under review will only be approved into the Marvelous Customs project by a unanimous YES vote from all active judges. NOTE: In the event that an active judge does not vote within 30 days of a custom going under review, that judge's vote will not be necessary to approve the custom. Consequences exist for judges missing deadlines, see SECTION 5.
  2. If a custom under review is dismissed (by receiving a NO) it may be nominated at a later date provided that it has been updated to reflect the issues brought up in its review.
  3. While Marvelous Customs will not alter any custom directly, after it a custom under review has been approved, an artist will be brought in to remake the card in the Marvelous Custom standard. All creator rights and recognition will be maintained.
  4. REMEMBER: Marvelous customs are approved; good ones are not. Do not let that discourage you.
Section 4 - Organization
  1. Marvelous Customs is structured with two main threads: a public discussion/nomination thread and a judges' reviews thread.
  2. The public discussion/nomination thread is where customs may be nominated to go under review for the Marvelous Customs project. Any discussion surrounding any currently nominated or reviewed customs should be here.
  3. The Judges' Reviews Thread should be exclusively for judges' reviews and votes for admittance for customs under review. Discussions should not take place in this thread and non-judges should not post in this thread.
  4. The opening posts of each thread are kept up to date with the current customs under review and any review that have been submitted. An archive of past reviewed customs is maintained here as well.
Section 5 - Self-Governance
  1. The judging panel will consist of FOUR judges.
  2. A Judge will remain active and maintain his/her position unless: he/she is not heard from for a time period exceeding 30 days, OR he/she misses the review deadline for THREE customs, OR he/she is removed by a unanimous vote by all other active judges.
  3. Open judging positions will be filled by those who: show an interest in Marvelous Customs AND are approved by a unanimous vote by the active judges.
  4. Amendments to these By-Laws may be created by unanimous approval of the active judges.
Current Judges:

Balantai
Hi1hi1hi1hi1
Taeblewalker
Swamper

Marvelous Customs Artist:
Scapemage921
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Balantai; June 17th, 2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:39 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Possible Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
In case anyone hasn't noticed, there is little life left in the Custom Comics section.

I'd like to come up with a project that will help bring this section back to life, but at the same time not compete directly with C3G.

C3G fills a gap in the hearts of many Superheroscape lovers, but I think there is room for something else. Perhaps something that mimics the original cards a bit more. Something more simple than what C3G creates is probably the best solution.

In addition, this project needs to be custom card driven. We don't need another project that creates customs based on collaborative effort. Perhaps something where a card gets voted in based on judges. Maybe something similar to SoV. They seem to coexist with C3V nicely.

But before any steps are taken, I need to know if anyone else is interested in helping me with this project. Any takers?
Good idea. Like reviewing peoples comic customs like the SoV. I like that idea. Good thinking.

Not to be rash or anything but can I be a judge for this project. I would to join a Project. And have been looking for one that really sticks. I will have alot of free time during the Summer months to get the Project up and running.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'd be interested. I can submit a design or two of my own to get things started.

Old May 25th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the interest Marroking and Taeblewalker. I do like the idea of having judges.

We're still pretty far from submitting designs, though. I'm not even sure what this project wants to accomplish, yet.
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

IDEAS:

Allow Custom Creators to submit their own customs for review but limit it to 1 custom at a time.

Allow anyone to submit a custom other than their own for review.

Create a theme to work off of. In other words, request submissions for Batman, Robin, Joker, Harley Quinn and Thugs. Or just create the theme Gotham and allow submissions from there. We then vote in the cards that works best (or none if none of them pass).

Allow any cards to be submitted but limit the number of approved cards to 1 card per miniature.

Cards should be mini pictures only and there should be no Flying Symbols. (Do we need an artist on the project?)

How many judges do we need?

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited by Balantai; May 25th, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:58 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm interested. I love C3G, but also have respect for the 'simpler' designs.

It would also be interesting if this group took the "Super Scape can be mixed with Classic" approach.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I'm interested. I love C3G, but also have respect for the 'simpler' designs.

It would also be interesting if this group took the "Super Scape can be mixed with Classic" approach.
Welcome, Margloth.

The only problem I see with this is that Marvelscape was never tested with Vahallascape and are thus incompatible. Plus, Superheroes don't have generals.

I don't think they need to be completely incompatible, but I don't advocate testing them with Vahallascape. They would need to fit into the existing Marvelscape units. I think the cards will naturally fit into Vahallascape better than C3G might, but I don't think we need to necessarily say they are completely compatible.
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:11 PM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fair enough, and I buy this argument, too. I just thought it might be nice for the proponents of said thought process to have a 'semi-official' project.

At any rate, even if they are not necessarily tested together, it would be nice if synergies are at least considered.

Should we consider some ground rules, like, the Flying Symbol will not be used, Alter-Egos used or unused, etc?

EDIT: I'm probably jumping the gun here, and I see (reading more thoroughly) that you already covered some of this.

Old May 25th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

I think ideally, it should mimic Marvelscape completely. That would mean no secret identities or Flying Symbols.
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:15 PM

Sounds good to me.

Old May 25th, 2011, 05:32 PM

The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker

Hey, I'm up for a challenge, or some fun as the case may be. Sign me up, I'm interested in this.

The Champion of Weston is Sir Denrick...
in the DIAMOND CAVE...
Old May 25th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Welcome, TCoW.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations