Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old June 28th, 2006, 08:21 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Texas Showdown (Although one of us is not a native)

Okay, so I'm in San Antonio for the week on training. Never one to let this sort of thing interfere w/my Heroscaping, I advertised here for a player to game w/. Somebody reminded me that geddy lifeson lived down here (duh!) so I contacted him.

Last night, I had the pleasure of meeting geddy and his family. They were awesome hosts and even fed me. If you've ever ssen me in person or pictures of me, you'll know that this was no small undertaking.

But, I, di, gress!

geddy had an awesome map set up that was both symmetrical and balanced. It looked like in consisted of 2-3 maser sets and 6 RttFFs. It was fun to play and cool to look at since, in had plenty of high points and some caves, too. All of which was divided by a stream.

Game 1 - 400 points. I fielded my test army for the NGS tourney at GC. This consistsed of NGS, MBS, KM, Finn, and Thorgirm. geddy countered w/a well constructed army, but I don't remember the figs, since I've slept since and am drunk now (hey! class let out hours ago and I'm at my hotel, going up and to crash after posting this!). geddy whooped me. This did not set well w/the native Texan. Oh wait, I just remembered that he had 2 squads of Venocs and the Venoc Warlord. I mindshackled the Venoc Warlord after beating him down to one life left.

Game 2 - 500 points. I decided to go w/what I know best and fielded my Feb Tourney Army (Orcs, baby, Orcs!): 3x Blade Gruts, 2x Arrow Gruts, 1 Swog, Nerak, and Krug (395 pts.). I added Tornak to make it closer to 500 pts (495).

geddy throws out DW8K, Saylind, Marro Warriors, Guilty McCreech, 2x Monks, and MBS. (I think that's it, but I'm not certain at the moment.)

Now before I go any further, Hahn, the Monks once again did an excellent job.

Onward! geddy started right to work on Nerak. I hald Tornak back until the end. Krug tore some Monka and Marros up. DW9K was taken out by a lowly Arrow Grut. I can't remember if he had height or not, but it was 1 single skull that did him in when he failed to find any defense shields. Heh!

Then Krug found his way to poor Guilty, who had not even been activated at all this game. Guilty paid of his sins w/his head. Heh!

Now MBS takes Krug out!

MBS finds himwlf all alone and makes a run for a Blade Grut who's minding his own business on an Attack Glyph. The BG defends, thanks to a defense glyph, even though MBS had height. MBS is surrounded by another BG, who is enhanced due to Tornak's adjacency ("I got your back, dog!).

MBS bites the big one.

It was great fun. Thanks to geddy and his family for putting up w/me.

I'll also confess that I had a spate of hyper competitiveness and let gl go 3/4 of game 1 w/out reminding him of +3 mvmt on road. You should have seen his face when he realized it. We played more friendly in Game 2.

The shoot out ends in a draw. I'll get you next time, geddy!

Sorry for any typos, etc. I'm inebriated, this computer sucks, and I need to pee. Later all!

(Somebody Google me a peeing smiley, please!)

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:37 PM

geddy lifeson has disabled reputation
I may not be a native Texan, but I do have the Texas hospitality. I was more than happy to welcome ninthdoc to the house for some beer, pizza and 'scape. I did have to feed him, especially after seeing him eyeing the cats. Seriously though, great game, great company.

The map consisted of a majority of 4 MS minus a decent portion of the 7 and 21 hex pieces. Map is below, sorry about not having any actual game pics but we were more interested in battle than posing. The map seemed to play pretty good and offered a great variety of terrain to balance the board.

My army to counter ninth was 3x Venoc, Mittens, 1 Microcorp and Marro Warriors. Frenzy was on my side most of the time and made it easy to take out MBS and Krav Maga. Finn and Thorgrim took a little more work from the Microcorp and Marro and yes cloning was working for me as well. My d20 was my friend.

I wish I had noticed the mistake of not using the extra 3 road moves some 15 turns prior and it was hella funny when I realized. The look on my face must have been priceless...damn you ninth for not helping your host It was a great match and ninth realized he needs to work on that tournament army a bit.

The following game was tough and ninth had a bit to prove. I was feeling lucky so I brought out DW8K (an old favorite of mine who we all know seems to drop very easy) and Monks to counter the orc onslaught with the help of Saylind to summon my figures to height and MBS and Marro Warriors again to help with range.

Ninth got a +4 range glyph (which we added to the match with the increase in points) pretty quick giving his gruts 10 range...ouch. My plan was to take out the Swog and Nerak as soon as possible to cut down on his bonding and orc bonus. Unfortunately I had to put Saylind into the fray way early to take out Nerak, leaving her to soon fall to a swarm of arrow gruts. Even with both swogs taken out as well as a few orcs, it didn't matter when I lost Saylind and DW8K...damn you DW for failing me again!

Monks played well being able to attack multiple orcs and use stealth leap to break engagement and jump in between a group orcs. In the end, the orc swarm along with help from the range and defense glyphs proved too much. Krug was hard to kill and by the time it was over, I was pretty much out of it down to just my Marro and MBS. Word to the wise...dont try to hide MBS behind the large tree with arrow gruts boosted with extra range...his tail was way vulnerable.

All in all a great night of gaming cut short by the fact a couple old farts had to wake up for work. Maybe we can get lucky and throw down tomorrow and have a tiebreaker before ninth heads back home. Thanks for coming down ninth, remember we are pretty friendly in San Antonio and will always extend that friendliness into our gaming and let you know when you go some 15 turns with out taking a road bonus.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports