Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #373  
Old May 29th, 2019, 10:25 PM
BodaciousBlood's Avatar
BodaciousBlood BodaciousBlood is offline
 
Join Date: August 22, 2018
Location: USA - Utah - Salt Lake City
Posts: 52
BodaciousBlood Woo who?
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

This all makes a lot of sense! I’m sold on the partial scoring method for this format! Mainly out of fear of the Dewks Dead Eye snipes!
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old May 29th, 2019, 10:59 PM
BiggaBullfrog's Avatar
BiggaBullfrog BiggaBullfrog is offline
 
Join Date: December 31, 2009
Location: Logan or SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,992
Images: 241
Blog Entries: 4
BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
I very much think we should keep it this way. Otherwise I'm sticking my Deadeye Dan in the corner and popping mortally wounded heroes with my Ullar Enhanced Rifle SA :P
Why Ullar Enhanced Rifle SA when you just roll 20's with Sharpshooter anyway? I remember stories about a certain Dragon and Avenger from the last FFA monthly.

Good points all around, guys. Thanks for the discussion! We'll go with the precedent set last time and go with partial points for heroes. I'm glad it was brought up, because I hadn't given it a second thought. (I'm just the kind of player who loves the tension that comes from full points.)

And yeah, games going to time is just never a good thing no matter how you slice it, and I've been on both sides of it. The only good way to address it is to just not do it in the first place.
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old May 29th, 2019, 11:04 PM
The Dewk's Avatar
The Dewk The Dewk is offline
 
Join Date: November 19, 2016
Location: USA - UT - Salt Lake City
Posts: 481
Images: 28
The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
I very much think we should keep it this way. Otherwise I'm sticking my Deadeye Dan in the corner and popping mortally wounded heroes with my Ullar Enhanced Rifle SA :P
Why Ullar Enhanced Rifle SA when you just roll 20's with Sharpshooter anyway? I remember stories about a certain Dragon and Avenger from the last FFA monthly.
Ullar Enhanced for gravely wounded heroes, Sharpshooter for healthy bois

(Heheh I don't remember the Dragon, but sharpshooting Iron Man was sooo satisfying. For me. Not for @Scaperedude .)
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old May 30th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Flash_19's Avatar
Flash_19 Flash_19 is offline
 
Join Date: June 29, 2017
Location: USA - UT - American Fork
Posts: 575
Images: 1
Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
This made sense to me, and still does. It's fair from a different point of view (if that makes sense) and adds another dimension to army construction/consideration. So I think we should keep it this way, despite the occasional "Man, I very well may have won that if we had played it out!" frustration.

And y'all are slowpokes I believe I've only gone to time a single game at these monthlies, and it was against 40 Blade Gruts (and Nerak).
That does make sense overall. Thanks for the explanation. And playing against 40 Blade Gruts sounds exhausting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Oh, and I would recommend not playing healing units or regenerative units in this format - you're giving your opponents more opportunities to get more points! We had a fellow playing Kurrok and Elementals last time, and I loved when he would successfully roll to regenerate them heheh
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post

And yeah, games going to time is just never a good thing no matter how you slice it, and I've been on both sides of it. The only good way to address it is to just not do it in the first place.
I blame @antmarchingroves . My grandma plays faster than him! Wait a second.... we have the same grandma....

Check out my maps here and my customs here
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old May 30th, 2019, 12:15 PM
BiggaBullfrog's Avatar
BiggaBullfrog BiggaBullfrog is offline
 
Join Date: December 31, 2009
Location: Logan or SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,992
Images: 241
Blog Entries: 4
BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Location Announcement Time!

Turns out Game Haven Sandy will have space reserved for us on the 29th since we're regulars, so no need to prepare for a different location! It's super awesome of them to be so giving to our group!
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old May 30th, 2019, 01:19 PM
TREX's Avatar
TREX TREX is offline
"like" happy
 
Join Date: February 24, 2010
Location: USA- ID- PRESTON
Posts: 7,067
TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Question about partial points on heroes, are you guys dividing their points by number of wounds? The idea of this monthly doesnt sound highly competitive but seems like it would be fun. Im used to being ganged up on by my brothers in 3 player matches so Im no stranger to the format. Ill have to see about making it down for this one.
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old May 30th, 2019, 05:37 PM
BiggaBullfrog's Avatar
BiggaBullfrog BiggaBullfrog is offline
 
Join Date: December 31, 2009
Location: Logan or SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,992
Images: 241
Blog Entries: 4
BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Question about partial points on heroes, are you guys dividing their points by number of wounds? The idea of this monthly doesnt sound highly competitive but seems like it would be fun. Im used to being ganged up on by my brothers in 3 player matches so Im no stranger to the format. Ill have to see about making it down for this one.
Yup, it will be by number of wounds. I'm excited for the format too as I've done a lot of 3-player games recently and I've really come to like the added dynamics that free-for-alls provide, in contrast to normal 1v1s.
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old May 30th, 2019, 06:07 PM
antmarchingroves's Avatar
antmarchingroves antmarchingroves is offline
 
Join Date: May 2, 2016
Location: USA - UT - North Salt Lake
Posts: 83
antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
This made sense to me, and still does. It's fair from a different point of view (if that makes sense) and adds another dimension to army construction/consideration. So I think we should keep it this way, despite the occasional "Man, I very well may have won that if we had played it out!" frustration.

And y'all are slowpokes I believe I've only gone to time a single game at these monthlies, and it was against 40 Blade Gruts (and Nerak).
That does make sense overall. Thanks for the explanation. And playing against 40 Blade Gruts sounds exhausting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Oh, and I would recommend not playing healing units or regenerative units in this format - you're giving your opponents more opportunities to get more points! We had a fellow playing Kurrok and Elementals last time, and I loved when he would successfully roll to regenerate them heheh
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post

And yeah, games going to time is just never a good thing no matter how you slice it, and I've been on both sides of it. The only good way to address it is to just not do it in the first place.
I blame @antmarchingroves . My grandma plays faster than him! Wait a second.... we have the same grandma....
I distinctly remember walking over to the Philadelphian, ordering a philly cheesesteak sandwich, bringing it back with me, all before you finished one of your turns.

Antmarchingroves'
Reply With Quote
  #381  
Old June 17th, 2019, 10:28 AM
The Dewk's Avatar
The Dewk The Dewk is offline
 
Join Date: November 19, 2016
Location: USA - UT - Salt Lake City
Posts: 481
Images: 28
The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Yay! The site is back up!

And I will be at the June monthly
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old June 17th, 2019, 10:53 AM
BiggaBullfrog's Avatar
BiggaBullfrog BiggaBullfrog is offline
 
Join Date: December 31, 2009
Location: Logan or SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,992
Images: 241
Blog Entries: 4
BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Woohoo! Welcome back all! It's been a long 10 days.

Thanks for the RSVP @The Dewk ! Let's start getting some more as people check back in! I'm running off to work right now, but will be able to post more once I get back this evening.
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old June 17th, 2019, 05:39 PM
UtahScott's Avatar
UtahScott UtahScott is offline
 
Join Date: May 13, 2006
Location: UT - SLC (Kearns)
Posts: 1,428
Images: 51
UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla UtahScott is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Yay! The site is back up!

And I will be at the June monthly
I just had a week-long nightmare--no HeroScapers.com. It was awful...

RSVP-ing UtahScott +1 for June monthly.

Encompassed about by mountain waves
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old June 17th, 2019, 06:17 PM
Flash_19's Avatar
Flash_19 Flash_19 is offline
 
Join Date: June 29, 2017
Location: USA - UT - American Fork
Posts: 575
Images: 1
Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Woohoo! Welcome back all! It's been a long 10 days.

Thanks for the RSVP @The Dewk ! Let's start getting some more as people check back in! I'm running off to work right now, but will be able to post more once I get back this evening.
It sure has been long!

I should be there this month too. I can bring a map (maybe two).

Check out my maps here and my customs here
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Utah Monthlies 2018 BiggaBullfrog Events 738 December 27th, 2018 04:14 AM
Utah Monthlies 2017 The Dewk Events 559 December 27th, 2017 03:14 PM
TJ and AA at Utah Wal Marts SmoG Sightings and Sales 6 February 28th, 2009 06:30 PM
Utah GameCON 6/30: small HS setup @ U. of Utah.... UtahScott Events 0 June 18th, 2007 05:03 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.