Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 31st, 2007, 02:00 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
500 pt. army

Here's an army I was really wanting to try:

Major Q-9 180
Raelin 80
KMA 100
Syvarrs 100
Theracus 40
Total: 500

My plan here was to first send out Theracus with Syvarris to the dominant high ground. On my next turn, I would fly in Raelin to help Syvarris hold the high ground. I would finish off my round by swarming essential spots with the KMA while being protected by Raelin's aura. By the time I send out my "army of one" I will have good spots on the battlefield to help pick off enemies while Q-9 slaughters my opponents. This is just a basic technique I would use with this army, but IMO, this is a very versatile army that can be used in many ways. Critiques? Suggestions?
Old March 31st, 2007, 02:15 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Nice army (raelin, Krav, Q9 ) It will do well. I like Theracus and Syvarris. I would offer this: once Theracus does his carry job, use him to slow the enemy to your ranged units. He is melee, and while not a strong combatant, he can tie up a few things with his size. In my expereince with Theracus, his 40pt value is usually realized on his first activation. From there, he often needs to be sacrifced to maintain the advantage that he gave with the flying carry. Not always, but it is something to keep in mind as you play the army.

Also, Raelin's power is her aura, of course. However, she is also melee and flys; on extremely rare occasions it can be worth it to sacrifice her forward to keep from getting your Krav engaged or your Q9 swarmed.

Enjoy!

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion