Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:10 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Any suggestions for next purchase?

Sorry, I know there are several threads on this, but wasn't sure if it was appropriate to hijack a thread.

Got alot more money from my parents for my birthday, and a ton for my son's and was thinking on some purchases.

He is getting both master sets for his birthday.

I was thinking maybe of getting the following with some of my money (being responsible and banking the rest).
1) Raknar's Vision (Q9 and Braxas look awesome, plus my son loves dragons and big units).
2) Elves Booster (already have Chardris and the elven army looks sweet)
3) Heroes of Elswin booster (already have Vampire and Fiends so that will round that out AND round out the elf army).

This sound good? Other alternatives I've thought about are....
Forgotten Forest or the Jungle set
Knights Templar booster (for my knight army)
Zombie Horde (just cause they rock)

What do you think?
Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:12 PM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker
Re: Any suggestions for next purchase?

Using a thread for the reason it was started would not be considered hijacking. You should have posted in one of those. If you were really worried about it, you could have used one that's been dormant for some time.

"If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?"

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Good Traders: capnfrank, heroscaper314, R˙chean
Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:18 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

I would highly recommend the Jungle terrain pack. New units are great, but the jungle really adds something. I would combine that with Raknar's vision, as it does have some great big guys.

Really though, get what you like and go from there.
Old January 24th, 2009, 01:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I would consider holding off on the Elves set and get a Jungle set. The Elves do look cool and are decent figures, but they only are useful if you draft all of them at once, which makes their usefulness limited since you will not want to play them repeatedly. The Jungle looks great, has a useful game mechanic, and you will use them repeatedly. So it's the better buy for your money IMO.
Old January 24th, 2009, 02:51 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Same answer every time... see Scape, buy Scape.

-insert signature here-
Old January 24th, 2009, 03:20 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm still a big Forgotten Forrest fan. You get a bunch o' road tiles, a bridge, 2 low-walls, a Dumutef Guard, and 5 big conifers. I mean who doesn't love conifers!

Raknar's Vision is a nice pack and zombies are cool too. Personally I have to agree with Nyys, buy everything you can get your hands on.
Old January 24th, 2009, 04:34 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd go for Raknar's Vision and RttFF. The Forest set lets you build a lot of the best maps on this site. If you can get two, even better.
Old January 24th, 2009, 05:07 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

RttFF for sure. My next purchase is another one of those and 2 sets of Marro Calvary

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old January 24th, 2009, 05:25 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
I'd go for Raknar's Vision and RttFF. The Forest set lets you build a lot of the best maps on this site. If you can get two, even better.
I've been thinking of getting another one myself. (Only have one at this time.)
Old January 25th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, even though the money is mine, I felt I should go with what my son wanted, so decided to go with what I originally had. He got Boom Blox and the Heroes of Barrenspar booster.

Gonna have him play it tonight with Hulk, Abomination, and Krug. That should be a vicious combo to beat.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion