Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old January 31st, 2019, 11:58 AM

Windy_City_Hawk has disabled reputation
Review my Themed Armies

Hello All,

It's been a while since I've been actively playing Heroscape and even longer since I've been on this forum. A few weeks ago I pulled out my Heroscape stuff and played with my 9 year old son... We had a great time! Since then we have played a few more times (he likes the Marvel characters), but I have wanted a bit more of a challenge.

Some of my co-worker have a game night and I brought up the idea of playing Heroscape. I do not believe any of them have played and I wanted to introduce the game in an approachable manner, so I created 8 themed armies for 4 one-on-one games.

Please review these Armies and let me know if they seem evenly matched, but keep in mind the players are beginners (me too). Also, the 4th Army is just the Marvel Heroes vs Marvel Villains.

Agents
Agent Skahen
Agent Carr
Nakita Agents
Krav Maga Agents
Microcorp Agents

-VS-

Soulborgs
Deathwalker 9000
Warden 816 (may be replace w/ 2x Deathreavers)
Zettian Guards
Deathreavers
Deathstalkers x2

--------------------

Elves
Ulginesh
Jordawn
Chardris
Emirroon
Arkmer (may be replaced w/ 1x Warriors of Ashra)
Warriors of Ashra

-VS-

Fiends
Cyprien Esenwein
Iskra Esenwein
Sonya Esenwein
Rechets of Bogden
Khosumet The Darklord
Wolves of Badru x2

--------------------

Samurai
Kato Katsuro
Kaemon Awa
Tagawa Samarai
Ashigaru Yari x2

-VS-

Gladiators
Spartacus
Crixus
Retiarius
Capuan Gladiators x2
Old January 31st, 2019, 02:41 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Review my Themed Armies

Welcome back to the site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy_City_Hawk View Post
Agents
Agent Skahen
Agent Carr
Nakita Agents
Krav Maga Agents
Microcorp Agents

-VS-

Soulborgs
Deathwalker 9000
Warden 816 (may be replace w/ 2x Deathreavers)
Zettian Guards
Deathreavers
Deathstalkers x2
This is an interesting dilemma, because the Agents are far better than the Deathwalkers, but right now they're an entirely unique army. I would definitely take Warden 816 out of the SoulBorg army (the movement boost isn't worthwhile for just Zettians, in my opinion), although the 3x Deathreavers may pose a challenge to the Agents player.

You might be able to even this out a little bit more by replacing Agent Carr with a second squad of Microcorp Agents, as that would give the Agents player less of an Order Marker headache and a solid common force.

Quote:
Elves
Ulginesh
Jordawn
Chardris
Emirroon
Arkmer (may be replaced w/ 1x Warriors of Ashra)
Warriors of Ashra

-VS-

Fiends
Cyprien Esenwein
Iskra Esenwein
Sonya Esenwein
Rechets of Bogden
Khosumet The Darklord
Wolves of Badru x2
The fiends seem pretty weak to me, but that might be balanced by taking Emirroon with the Elves (he generally isn't good). I don't think that Khosumet is a good figure at all, and he won't really bring much to the Wolves of Badru other than his own death. In most cases, I'd even prefer a third squad of Wolves over him, but in this match-up the Wolves won't be too useful (since they self-destruct if they don't kill the target, and the Elves have high life).

Notably, the Wolves are the only range that the Fiends have, so unless you do go the 3x WoB route, I wouldn't add any more Warriors of Ashra to the Elves. That squad can be really brutal against melee-only armies.

Quote:
Samurai
Kato Katsuro
Kaemon Awa
Tagawa Samarai
Ashigaru Yari x2

-VS-

Gladiators
Spartacus
Crixus
Retiarius
Capuan Gladiators x2
I really want to suggest swapping the Tagawa Samurai out for Ashigaru Harquebus x2 to make Kato worthwhile, but I'm not familiar enough with the gladiators to tell whether this would be overwhelming for them or not. Someone with more experience with them would probably have a better idea.
Old January 31st, 2019, 05:57 PM

Windy_City_Hawk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Welcome back to the site!
Thank you for the warm welcome back!

Quote:
Agents -VS- Soulborgs
This is an interesting dilemma, because the Agents are far better than the Deathwalkers, but right now they're an entirely unique army. I would definitely take Warden 816 out of the SoulBorg army (the movement boost isn't worthwhile for just Zettians, in my opinion), although the 3x Deathreavers may pose a challenge to the Agents player.

You might be able to even this out a little bit more by replacing Agent Carr with a second squad of Microcorp Agents, as that would give the Agents player less of an Order Marker headache and a solid common force.
Unfortunately I don't have another set of Microcorp Agents. I thought the Agents were pretty over-powering for the original army with the Warden, but I agree that the Reavers could tilt things the opposite way. The argument both ways is that everyone playing are beginners so they likely may not use the Reavers as efficiently as a skilled Scaper.

Quote:
Elves -VS- Fiends
The fiends seem pretty weak to me, but that might be balanced by taking Emirroon with the Elves (he generally isn't good). I don't think that Khosumet is a good figure at all, and he won't really bring much to the Wolves of Badru other than his own death. In most cases, I'd even prefer a third squad of Wolves over him, but in this match-up the Wolves won't be too useful (since they self-destruct if they don't kill the target, and the Elves have high life).

Notably, the Wolves are the only range that the Fiends have, so unless you do go the 3x WoB route, I wouldn't add any more Warriors of Ashra to the Elves. That squad can be really brutal against melee-only armies.
I actually thought this match was slightly tilted in favor of the Fiends due to the number of figures and the Vampires Life Drain. I see your point about Khosumet, and will swap him out for another set of Wolves. I only included him because he too was like the "Wolf Leader". What do you think about swapping out the wolves with Zombies? I thought they would make the Fiends even more overpowered...

Quote:
Samurai -VS- Gladiators
I really want to suggest swapping the Tagawa Samurai out for Ashigaru Harquebus x2 to make Kato worthwhile, but I'm not familiar enough with the gladiators to tell whether this would be overwhelming for them or not. Someone with more experience with them would probably have a better idea.

For this one I did not include the Harquebus because I figured the range would be too much for the Gladiators.

Thanks for your input. You've made me see some things that I had not considered. I will adjust accordingly and update the post. Thanks again.
Old February 5th, 2019, 01:06 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have another set of Microcorp Agents. I thought the Agents were pretty over-powering for the original army with the Warden, but I agree that the Reavers could tilt things the opposite way. The argument both ways is that everyone playing are beginners so they likely may not use the Reavers as efficiently as a skilled Scaper.
True, but the rats are still extremely powerful. It definitely depends on how well that player can utilize them, though. If you wanted (and have the figures), you could try using another squad of Deathstalkers instead of some of the Deathreavers, although the SoulBorg army would still have some pretty big weaknesses.

Quote:
I actually thought this match was slightly tilted in favor of the Fiends due to the number of figures and the Vampires Life Drain. I see your point about Khosumet, and will swap him out for another set of Wolves. I only included him because he too was like the "Wolf Leader". What do you think about swapping out the wolves with Zombies? I thought they would make the Fiends even more overpowered...
The thing with Life Drain is that it's being paired up against an all-hero army, so it won't have as big of an effect as normal. The Elves will also have easier Order Marker management thanks to Ulginesh, which helps counterbalance things a little bit.

I'm not sure about swapping the Wolves out for Zombies. They match the theme of "destroying to heal," but that already isn't the strongest against the Elven Wizards, so I'm not sure that piling more on would be helpful. They also might be more overwhelming for a new player to go against, since the Elven Wizards are one of the harder armies to learn to use, so I'd probably just keep the Wolves (on a somewhat related note, canonically the Elves and Wolves were pitted against each other on Feylund anyway).

Quote:
For this one I did not include the Harquebus because I figured the range would be too much for the Gladiators.

Thanks for your input. You've made me see some things that I had not considered. I will adjust accordingly and update the post. Thanks again.
That's true; I had been looking more at the abundant Counterstrike against the melee-exclusive army, but upon further reflection I think that the full Kato (8 attacks per turn) might be too overwhelming for the Gladiators.

And no problem! I'm happy to help!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports