Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Tanuki makes you take a closer looksy?
Daren 2 8.00%
Drunk Firefox 3 12.00%
Koji-Danuki 1 4.00%
Tanuki Nomad 7 28.00%
Tanuki Trickster 5 20.00%
Yamabushi Kenza 5 20.00%
Yokai 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 2nd, 2018, 12:46 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Summertime Custom Competition Poll - Vote by July 9

It's Tanuki madness around here! We've only got 7 entries this time around, but I think that is more than enough considering all the mischief these guys have been plotting. The limited number of entries does mean I've intentionally only given you one vote, though, so choose wisely (and remember not to vote for your own).

Congratulations @OmegaPegasus !
Tanuki Nomad

Here are the rest of the entries:

@Heroscaper101 's
Daren

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@DanieLoche 's
Drunk Firefox

@Lazy Orang 's
Koji-Danuki

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@superfrog 's
Tanuki Trickster

Notes:
Spoiler Alert!

@Yodaking 's
Yamabushi Kenza

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@kolakoski 's
Yokai

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; July 10th, 2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 12:57 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Summertime Custom Competition Poll - Vote by July 9

One vote for Yokai is supposed to be for Yamabushi Kenza.

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 2nd, 2018, 01:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I guess I'll share some thoughts. One of these is mine, just fyi.

Not sure if any of these Monks were designed with Master Lao in mind, but I considered them without him. Not sure it would change much either way.

Daren
Daren is kinda cool. Not sure if the name has any meaning here. The "Aspect Trilogy" is a neat idea, although I'm again not sure if these are real techniques or just made up. I also wish that the third Aspect was also "Aspect of the ___" to complete the parallelism. 8 Life seems like too much here, especially with 5 defense. Combining Aspect of Carnage with Aspect of the Tiger can get pretty powerful. I also would like to see the design interact more with Tanuki mythology if you're calling it a Tanuki.

Drunk Firefox
I'm unsure if this is related to Mozilla in any way. It looks interesting, although I think that 6L/4D is too tanky for this unit (similar to Daren). One Last for the Road! is a cool power, and could get really insane with 5 attack dice.

Koji-Danuki
Definitely super thematic, and a cool shapeshift power here (which fits with the myths). In general, though, I think this card is a bit complex. You've got a shapeshift power which can remove destructible objects, terrain pieces (does that include tiles?), and even friendly figures, you've got a 3-option buff, and you've got an odd 'X' order marker power that takes a whole lot of mechanics for just a little theme imo. Symbol of Prosperity 5 is cool, although I'm not generally a fan of altered point costs/draft restrictions as special powers.

Tanuki Nomad
I wish this guy had a proper name, being a Unique Hero. That said, I think this is one of the more successful designs in the contest. It's probably overpriced a little, as the OM screwiness which is his main draw only comes into play when he's up in the battle. With 2 life and 2 defense, he'll die from range way too fast.

Tanuki Trickster
I'm unsure if there's a reasoning behind making this guy Uncommon. Mischievous Switch looks like fun, and choosing when to use Sake Flask could lead to some interesting gameplay choices. I do wonder if this card is just a little overcomplicated. Also, how do you have a Trickster without making his personality Tricky?

Yamabushi Kenza
Another one of my favorites from this contest as it hits the three points I found in my research (Mischief, Shapeshifting, Sake). It goes for streamlined versions of all three, which is a plus and a minus, in my book. With the shapeshifting power only able to be used once, I wonder if it's really worth it in-game. Hero-to-hero bonding isn't my favorite, especially broad/open-ended bonding. That said, still a pretty good execution. Not sure if it's worth 140, but who knows. Ullar is a good choice here, although not the obvious one.

Yokai
Oh no, this one is evil! Interesting to give him Reach with the staff. I think it works, but I don't think it works well with Double Attack also on the card. He'd have to go full extension to reach 2 spaces, which wouldn't allow the quickness to attack twice. Tanuki Facade is subtly different than Facade from Cormin the Dark (the only difference here is that you can switch with opponent's figures). Not sure he'd be 100 points, but Tanuki Facade could be powerful. All in all a cool design although there's a theme miss or two for me.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 04:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It's hard for me to comment on anything right now as I have submitted one of the cards, don't want to tip my hand at what is or isn't mine. Cool figure and theme though.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 05:59 PM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
It's hard for me to comment on anything right now as I have submitted one of the cards, don't want to tip my hand at what is or isn't mine. Cool figure and theme though.
I believe in your acting abilities! Just look at superfrog's post, I couldn't tell which one is his and I know which one is his! (Besides, if people figure out which is whose I don't think it would affect voting.)

Also, thanks for the rundown froggy!

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 3rd, 2018, 09:18 AM

Noziroh is surprisingly tart

Dang I can’t make up my mind! I think they’re all cool. Great job guys!
Old July 7th, 2018, 02:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Looks like it is 5-4-4 with 2 days of voting left. What happens if it ends in a 3 way tie at 5-5-5?
Old July 7th, 2018, 04:52 PM
On vacation...

Quote:
Looks like it is 5-4-4 with 2 days of voting left. What happens if it ends in a 3 way tie at 5-5-5?
I would have to slide the fabulous prizes* into thirds before I mail them.

I haven't voted yet, so I could also break the tie if that happens. I haven't honestly put enough thought into all of these guys to choose yet, though. That silly real life thing is encroaching on my HeroScape time again.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 7th, 2018, 08:06 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Talking Re: Summertime Custom Competition Poll - Vote by July 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Quote:
I would have to slide the fabulous prizes* into thirds before I mail them.

I haven't voted yet, so I could also break the tie if that happens. I haven't honestly put enough thought into all of these guys to choose yet, though. That silly real life thing is encroaching on my HeroScape time again.
Heroscaper 101 might be able help in this situation, since I haven't voted. I am a "Hero for Fun"
Old July 8th, 2018, 04:11 PM

Whiskey McGreggor Woo who?

I really liked Tanuki Trickster out of the lot, like the tactical switch and whirlwind abilities it has. Not to mention that it has the ability to heal 2 wounds, only problem I have with him is that his personality should have been tricky. I also liked the idea for the "aspect" abilities on Daren, but his health, move, and defense all seem way too high, especially with his one shield defense. My best advice for the creator of the Daren hero is to try and not go too crazy with the stats.
Old July 9th, 2018, 12:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Anybody else have a rundown or analysis of the entries? Usually we get a few, although some people might be waiting for the contest to end first...
Old July 9th, 2018, 12:45 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm planning on sharing my thoughts on the various entries, but I've been pretty busy with work as of late. I unfortunately won't be able to do it until after the poll closes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards