Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old November 16th, 2022, 03:28 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad74 View Post
1) I hope that the War Council will share as openly as they can with us what was going on behind the scenes, what they're happy with, and what they're disappointed in (and not just on the backer side). Transparency builds trust and good will moving forward, should there be a second try (here's hoping)
Two problems with that. First, we're under NDAs, so we really can't say anything that hasn't been said publicly by Avalon Hill. Second, we don't actually know anything either. As an outside consultant group we are not privy to the marketing side, so we were just watching things unfold like the rest of you.
Old November 16th, 2022, 04:11 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad74 View Post
1) I hope that the War Council will share as openly as they can with us what was going on behind the scenes, what they're happy with, and what they're disappointed in (and not just on the backer side). Transparency builds trust and good will moving forward, should there be a second try (here's hoping)
Two problems with that. First, we're under NDAs, so we really can't say anything that hasn't been said publicly by Avalon Hill. Second, we don't actually know anything either. As an outside consultant group we are not privy to the marketing side, so we were just watching things unfold like the rest of you.
This is the way it is. You are limited to a very focused amount of information, and leaks are not tolerated.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 16th, 2022, 04:37 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

Just catching up on the news, to hell with Hasbro et al. That public statement after what AH folks said on Discord was a slap in the face. Putting my money into some other game(s). And not gonna let ppl forget what they did to us. ✊

EDIT: Here’s the gem I’m talking about…
https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/avalon...heroscape-fans

“ A Message to our HeroScape Fans

To all the fans of HeroScape,

As of the deadline for the HeroScape: Age of Annihilation, Vanguard Edition HasLab project, we are short of the goal needed to start production on this wonderful game. No doubt you are disappointed in the results. We are too. The anticipation for this project among the Avalon Hill staff was great – we spent months preparing for the campaign, and once launched we worked hard to gain the support of every single backer who pledged.

And it didn’t go without notice that you did the same. So many of you worked hard to help spread the word of our campaign. You offered us your honest feedback, let us know where we may have missed the mark in some places and where we were succeeding. Your involvement in this project was incredible, and we feel lucky to have found such an amazing community of folks who all share the love of this unique and thrilling skirmish battle game. The passion we felt from you was truly an inspiration that kept pushing us to improve the campaign as best we could. So from the bottom of our hearts, thank you. Thank you so much for sharing that passion with us.

We also want to extend a huge thank you to the HeroScapers who came aboard to help us create this project. Your work on this game was absolutely unbelievable, and we know how hard it was for you to keep your involvement a secret in those early days! Sincerely, this wouldn’t have been the same without you and we appreciate everything you brought to the table.

So, with that being said, no doubt the big question on everyone’s mind is…

What’s next for HeroScape?

Our unfortunate answer is… nothing. As we said during the campaign if this project doesn’t meet its goal, we won’t be able to produce Age of Annihilation. That has not changed. HeroScape as a project will be shelved, and there are no current plans to attempt a resurrection at this time. The Avalon Hill team will refocus our efforts on the exciting games we currently have coming soon, such as the next HeroQuest Game System expansion, Mage of the Mirror, or the upcoming Yawning Portal D&D strategy board game.

What we did take away from this campaign was a great deal of learning. And for that, we have you to thank. We hope you remain as passionate, as devoted, and as vocal with all our future endeavors so that we create to the best of our abilities the games you love.”

Last edited by Heirloom; November 16th, 2022 at 04:50 PM. Reason: link
Old November 16th, 2022, 04:42 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
Just catching up on the news, to hell with Hasbro et al. That public statement after what AH folks said on Discord was a slap in the face. Putting my money into some other game(s). And not gonna let ppl forget what they did to us. ✊
What did the AH folks say on discord? All I've heard this whole time is that if this project fails Heroscape won't be relaunching, as far as I'm concerned the messaging has been completely consistent
Old November 16th, 2022, 05:04 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
What did the AH folks say on discord? All I've heard this whole time is that if this project fails Heroscape won't be relaunching, as far as I'm concerned the messaging has been completely consistent
I went back to find Encarmine’s exact words from this morning, and of course it’s edited/shortened now. Basically he gave us a little hope, said to give him some time and he’d report back…then I saw the official statement above this aft. Glad we could be a little experiment for you, Hasbro, to improve your sh*t platform and way of doing things, and of course I’ll go check out those games you’ve recommended, thanks so much for that plug! /s
Old November 16th, 2022, 05:11 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[quote=Heirloom;2547284]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I went back to find Encarmine’s exact words from this morning, and of course it’s edited/shortened now. Basically he gave us a little hope, said to give him some time and he’d report back…then I saw the official statement above this aft. Glad we could be a little experiment for you, Hasbro, to improve your sh*t platform and way of doing things, and of course I’ll go check out those games you’ve recommended, thanks so much for that plug! /s
I mean, encarmine is not in charge. He basically said he didn't know and would check back after he found out for sure from the higher ups. And the higher ups stuck to their guns. There is nothing misleading there
Old November 16th, 2022, 05:39 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I also got a slight "thanks for being an experiment" vibe, but I don't think it was meant to be demeaning or that anything about the campaign was misleading. It is sort of right in the name of their crowdfunding platform: HasLAB. What do you do in a lab? Test things out.

They were clear about it up front: If this test is a success, we move it to production. Otherwise, if this test is a failure, it does not move to production.
Old November 16th, 2022, 05:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Definitely had a "let's give this a go" and "old college try" feel to it (the campaign as a whole).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 16th, 2022, 05:46 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For as much as I question the decision making, I’m sure they’re just as upset this was not a successful project. I may not agree with how it was run, but I believe they made their choices with success as the goal and it was a lot of work to see nothing come from it.
Old November 16th, 2022, 05:47 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Definitely had a "let's give this a go" and "old college try" feel to it (the campaign as a whole).
Or a “oh this is happening?!?! Oh crap we better take some pictures!”
Old November 16th, 2022, 05:49 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The outcome is disappointing and certainly things could have been done on their end to achieve a better result.
Asking for 2 million dollars wasn't quite the right move, I think they should have shot for a more conservative goal, and produced less content to accommodate that. If $2 million dollars is needed to make 71 new mini sculpts and trees and ruins and terrain, then they should have cut the content down so that asking for 1 million dollars was feasible. We just needed to get the ball rolling in one way or another and then expand from there, rather than swinging for the fences right out the gate. The community did a good job pushing for what was offered, and showed a lot of dedication which is admirable.
Unfortunately for now all we can do is just keep supporting what we do have, and working on more customs to keep the community alive.
Scapecon 3 is going to be fun!
Old November 16th, 2022, 05:56 PM

Muffinman Woo who?

$2 million is fine, but the $250 minimum buy-in was completely insane. The original game was $40 with painted minis. I can get multiple other fantastic board games for the price of this one. If they had tiers, I (and a bunch of my friends) would have bought in. It makes no sense to only have one tier.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion