Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 20th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of 20th Maine Volunteers

It works like this. Say you have your '1' and your 'X' order markers on different 20th Maine cards. Is the '1' on "any" 20th Maine card? Yes. Is the 'X' order marker on "any" 20th Maine card? Yes. So two order markers are on 20th Maine cards, not "only one".

That said, I can definitely see the other reading. Dealing with multiple cards is always a pain, usually with lots of extra wording baggage. After many interactions trying to cut that down, we came up with what's there. Though at that point we were probably too close it to see any other readings.

I'm not too worried though. While I think it's technically possible to spread order markers over multiple cards of the same common unit, no one ever does that.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 10:34 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Exactly, we never pull out more than one card for a common unit of the same type being played. That would be weird and wrong.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 22nd, 2015, 04:01 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I used to do that, and I still play with people who take a card for every squad they draft. A simple explanation from an expert as myself should take care of that problem, though.

It's confusing wording, but it's the best way it could be done. I don't think such a power has ever been on a Common Squad Army Card before.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 27th, 2015, 10:33 AM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Anyone else think that Rygarn would be a great fit with these guys, to help keep them at one unrevealed order marker while still being able to use them? Throw in RaeRae and they can get to 6 defense, 7 with height...
Old June 19th, 2015, 12:40 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just played a game with these guys, and I'm a big fan. It's nice to have a common squad that doesn't just like to be in an army all by themselves and hogs all the order markers. 2 Squads of 20th fit nicely into a thematic Soldier army with 5 Pathfinders, Capt. Varan and the Airborne Elite, plus I got them for only 1$ a unit, and the sculpt looks great. Very cool design. Probably my favorite unit of the new release.
Old July 16th, 2015, 09:00 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Any suggested army builds with these guys? They seem like they could give a lot of armies a run for their money, simply outlasting other units. They lack offensive firepower though. How about...

Marcus Decimus 100
Sgt. Drake Alexander 210
Airbrone Elite 320
20th Maine x3 500

Seems like a decent build. However, 3-man ranged squads might do better in greater numbers. Maybe...

Marcus Decimus 100
20th Maine x5 400
Airborne Elite 510

Or to fit 500 nicely, drop a squad of 20th Maine and add a 50-point filler. Sir Orrick? Marro Warriors? What would work best?

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old July 16th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
Any suggested army builds with these guys? They seem like they could give a lot of armies a run for their money, simply outlasting other units. They lack offensive firepower though. How about...

Marcus Decimus 100
Sgt. Drake Alexander 210
Airbrone Elite 320
20th Maine x3 500

Seems like a decent build. However, 3-man ranged squads might do better in greater numbers. Maybe...

Marcus Decimus 100
20th Maine x5 400
Airborne Elite 510

Or to fit 500 nicely, drop a squad of 20th Maine and add a 50-point filler. Sir Orrick? Marro Warriors? What would work best?
I played these guys a lot recently, and I find that lower numbers work better, just because they don't want a lot of OMs. Pair them with a good long range squad, and you have a pretty tough combo. If the enemy gets in close, you should be able to pull of some downhill attacks, which can really get brutal. I like them with either the Airborne and the Krav, but have also had a lot of good results with Gorrilatroopers (if you have the points) and Nakitas, but anyone with long range high firepower is a great combo for them.
Old July 16th, 2015, 09:25 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Can't wait to go to Hobby Lobby this Saturday and pick up a bunch of these guys. I think they'd do well in HoB.

So maybe...

Marcus Decimus Gallus 100
Roman Legionaires x3 250
20th Maine x3 430
Airborne Elite 540?

Ran out of SZ spaces there. Maybe they'd be fun with Kaemon. If you're looking to play more defensively you could sub out Stingers in a KRS type build.

20th Maine x3 180
Kaemon Awa 300
Raelin 380
Airborne 490
Isamu 500

A couple of shark-type units to eat up OM's and keep the ranged and SA pressure on. Seems fun. I might try it.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old February 1st, 2016, 08:01 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

These guys are not in the X-2 custom card thingy, I'm not sure who the C3V rep for the card printer is otherwise I'd tag him.

My trade thread, now with Classic, C3V and SoV units!
All units come with cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51709
Old February 1st, 2016, 08:41 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
These guys are not in the X-2 custom card thingy, I'm not sure who the C3V rep for the card printer is otherwise I'd tag him.
It's @Xorlof

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 7th, 2019, 06:16 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Whats the sweet spot with these guys on numbers of squads? I finally picked up a couple packs of them. I guess the same question for the sharpshooters. I generally pick up 3 squads for starters but Im thinking at least 4. Anyone?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 7th, 2019, 06:57 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I would imagine that 2-3 is the sweetspot for them. The need to minimize the number of Unrevealed Order Markers on them for defense ensures that you wouldn't want to build an entire army around them, in my eyes, so they'd probably work best as a smaller addition to another army idea.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs