Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 6th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
The Book of Surtur

The Book of Surtur

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 27
RAGE OF RAGNAROK

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name are #201/ Ragnarok Surtur.

Surtur was native to the extra-dimensional plane of Muspelheim and was the mortal enemy of the Asgardian ruler Odin and his son Thor. Surtur and the ice demon Ymir were older, and therefore more powerful immortals than Odin and Thor, who were always hard pressed to defeat them. Surtur was imprisoned for a long time within the depths of the Earth, but was once freed by Loki and set aganst the Earth when Odin visited there to break the romance between Thor and Jane Foster. Thor used Odin's magic sword to send Surtur to outer space, where he was bound against a magnetic asteroid. He was next summoned to Earth together with Ymir when the Spell of Fire and Ice was cast by the Sons of Satannish.

Surtur's role in the Ragnarok Cycle began by forging/reforging Twilight — a huge magical blade — and then sending his legions of fire demons to Earth, to draw Asgard's armies away from their capital city. Surtur then crossed Bifrost, the Rainbow Bridge, and attempted to destroy the city once and for all. Odin, Thor and his adopted brother Loki, however, made a last stand and eventually defeated Surtur - at the cost of Odin, who fell with his foe into a dimensional rift. After the final Ragnarok, Beta Ray Bill briefly visited the ruins of Asgard, and saw Surtur's massive form falling from the sky. Surtur was still clutching Twilight, although the sword was broken during Bill's battle with the demon Asteroth.

(From Marvel Comic Database)

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-First Reevaluation Version Playtests:Second Reevaluation Version Playtests:
Card updates:
25 July 2021 - Twilight Sword updated

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Splash; July 27th, 2022 at 03:47 PM.
Old April 6th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Surtur - Design Phase

NAME = SURTUR

SPECIES = DEMON
UNIQUENESS= EVENT HERO
CLASS = DESTROYER
PERSONALITY = MALEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 10

LIFE = 14

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 1000

TWILIGHT SWORD
Start the game with 1 orange Twilight Marker on this card. After taking a turn with Surtur, you may choose an opponent’s figure within 4 clear sight spaces. If the figure is not a Unique or Event Hero, remove the Twilight Marker from this card and inflict 2 wounds on the chosen figure. If the chosen figure is a Unique or Event Hero, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, you may remove the Twilight Marker from this card and the chosen figure receives 2 wounds, or you may place the Twilight Marker on the chosen figure’s card and that figure cannot use any special powers for the remainder of the round. At the end of each round, the Twilight Marker is returned to this Army Card. The Twilight Marker can only be removed from this card by the player controlling Surtur.

INTENSE HEAT
Immediately after placing Order Markers for each round and before rolling for initiative, you must roll one combat die for each figure within 2 spaces of Surtur, one at a time, or two dice for a common figure. If at least 1 skull is rolled, the figure receives 1 wound. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by Intense Heat.

LAVA RESISTANT
Surtur never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by tcglkn; July 25th, 2021 at 11:18 AM.
Old April 6th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Last edited by tcglkn; May 13th, 2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old April 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Another character I don't know. Powers seem good, although I am not sure what happens to the twilight marker at the end of the round for the one that you place on another figure's card to negate their powers for rest of the round. And being an event hero he might need a couple more of the twilight markers.
Old April 6th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Prickly Cactus

Maybe I need to add at the end of that power, "at the end of the round remove any Twilight Markers placed by Surtur" or something to that effect?

He begins each round with 2 Twilight Markers on is card and he can only place them after taking a turn and revealing the X OM. So he can only use 1 Marker per round. I guess I gave him 2 Markers in case he teamed up with Loki, but then Loki still needs 2 OM's. So either Surtur would have a numbered OM and 2 X's or have only 1 X and 2 numbered OM's. Either way he can't use both X's unless if he did have both X's, he used one after taking a turn with his only numbered OM and got to take another turn from someone else in order to use the other X. Hmmm... The only other reason he'd need 2 Markers is to keep Zatanna from nerfing him right off the bat and take away a key part of his power. It would be difficult for her to take both Markers from him. The only other thing would be to make it 1 Marker at the beginning of each round and put a line in there that he cannot have it removed by any special power or glyph.

I don't know the character really either A3n. But it's a cool mini and a big fiery demon event hero is always kind of neat. I did some research so I at least know that his Twilight Sword is pretty powerful and nasty. Also, he can appear to be 1,000 feet tall, thus the range of 2.

Surtur from Marvel Comic Database

Last edited by Hahma; April 6th, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old April 6th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
TWILIGHT SWORD
Begin each round with 2 Twilight Markers on this card. After taking a turn with Surtur, you may reveal the ‘X’ Order Marker on this card and choose an opponent’s figure within 6 clear sight spaces. If the figure is not a Unique Hero or an Event Hero, remove a Twilight Marker from this card and destroy the chosen figure. If the chosen figure is a Unique Hero or Event Hero, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, you may remove a Twilight Marker from this card and the chosen figure receives 2 wounds, or you may place a Twilight Marker on the chosen figure’s card and that figure cannot use any special powers for the remainder of the round.

Okay, after rethinking this after A3n's comment. I thought I ought to add the line about returning the marker to his card at the end of each round as well as making sure that he is the only one that can remove the marker (so Zatanna can't). After adding that text, I eliminated some text by removing the X OM requirement as he shouldn't need to reveal the X OM to use the power.

I'd say that if he needs tweaking upward, adding another marker he can use during a round would certainly help.

So this is a possible revision:

TWILIGHT SWORD
Start the game with 1 Twilight Marker on this card. After taking a turn with Surtur, you may choose an opponent’s figure within 6 clear sight spaces. If the figure is not a Unique Hero or an Event Hero, remove the Twilight Marker from this card and destroy the chosen figure. If the chosen figure is a Unique Hero or Event Hero, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, you may remove the Twilight Marker from this card and the chosen figure receives 2 wounds, or you may place the Twilight Marker on the chosen figure’s card and that figure cannot use any special powers for the remainder of the round. At the end of each round, the Twilight Marker is returned to this Army Card. The Twilight Marker can only be removed from this card by the player controlling Surtur.

Old April 7th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

He looks pretty beastly, and I like the general direction but I feel like there is too much going on in the Twilight Sword power, can we trim is down some?
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Prickly Cactus

Perhaps word wise, but not affect wise. A lot of it is based on Scarlet Witch's Chaos Curse wording, so I see no problem as far as it being too much. To be an Event Hero, he needs something more than a lot of lives and a big attack. So having the option to dish out 2 wounds or negate a figure's special powers for the remainder of the round is a nice option to be able to have for his cost and Event Hero uniqueness.

Edit: Actually, it's a quite simple power.

Surtur takes a turn. Then he can choose a figure within 6 CSS. If the figure is not a Unique or Event Hero, he can remove the Twilight Marker and destroy the figure. If the chosen figure is a U or E Hero, roll the d20 and 9+ lets you remove the Twilight Marker and put 2 wounds on the figure or place the marker on the figure's card and it can't us a special power for the rest of the round. Ultimately, it will be super easy to do, just depends on which figure he chooses and what the effects can be.

Last edited by Hahma; April 7th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I was about to comment on the two points of "returning markers to his card" and dropping the "X Marker" restriction. I was gonna go into detail about why we should make those changes.... and then I read below.

Great writeup. I love it, and I don't think it is too complicated, especially for an Event Hero.
Old April 8th, 2012, 01:20 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Wow. For not knowing the character, you nailed the theme, Hahma. Great write-up and he looks super fun!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I was about to comment on the two points of "returning markers to his card" and dropping the "X Marker" restriction. I was gonna go into detail about why we should make those changes.... and then I read below.

Great writeup. I love it, and I don't think it is too complicated, especially for an Event Hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Wow. For not knowing the character, you nailed the theme, Hahma. Great write-up and he looks super fun!

Thanks fellers. Sometimes my brain works better than other times. I just wish those times were more often

Sent him out to ERB

Last edited by Hahma; April 8th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

ERB from David

Quote:
Surtur

Did you know that if you rearranged the letters in Surtur, you could spell Surtur? It's true!

Twilight Sword
Do you have to specify a marker color?

Really wicked ability, and I love the choice between negation or 2 wounds.

Intense Heat
This isn't going to make your games of Flash Point Fire Rescue any easier. Save the cat, Hahma!

Comma after "receive 1 wound".

Since this doesn't take place during a turn, this won't trigger Hulk's Rage or Red Hulk's Overheated. In fact, I don't think the 2 wounds from this or the Sword would be reduced by Magical Defense.

Final Thoughts
This is definitely a toasty design, but he's pretty brutal.
Thanks David, next time we will save the cat. I added the "comma". We can see about the Marker color once we decide on a Marker to use I suppose.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library