Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 17th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Green Construct Thread - Design Phase

Why? It's not an actual robot, just a construct of it. I like it not getting those synergies ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 17th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Why? It's not an actual robot, just a construct of it. I like it not getting those synergies ...
I agree.
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:05 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Old May 19th, 2010, 12:03 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I went ahead and put the only wording for the summoning power that we have in the first post. That will help give people something to look at and discuss. Also, the Robot species didn't catch on, so I changed it to ENERGY because that is in fact what it is, just energy. Spidey, you can do what you want in here obviously, but I felt it was necessary to get more than just place holders on the front page if we want people to participate. And I know you are busy with life.
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:16 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd prefer a species of Construct. That way these Constructs are unique to themselves and any other Energy beings we have won't be treated the same way.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 19th, 2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I'd prefer a species of Construct. That way these Constructs are unique to themselves and any other Energy beings we have won't be treated the same way.
Can you think of any character we would create whose species would be Energy? I can't.
Species is what you are, right? What the heck is a Construct if not Energy? It is Energy in the most basic understanding of it.

Other ideas (though I don't know why Energy isn't perfect )
Power
Plasma
Hard Light
Thought
Old May 19th, 2010, 12:32 PM

Oh, and I saw that you (Bats) had suggested Constructs as a species, but there are lots of characters (or at least a few) that could have that class.
Old May 19th, 2010, 12:32 PM

Technically, it shouldn't really have a species at all, because it's not, you know, alive ... which is why I think the species should best describe what it is if it's not a form of life rather than what material (energy/thought/etc.) it's composed of. To me, that description is "construct."
If we go with the "what's it made of" approach, "energy" is certainly fine. I'm just not sure it's the best approach.

Old May 19th, 2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Oh, and I saw that you (Bats) had suggested Constructs as a species, but there are lots of characters (or at least a few) that could have that class.
I can't think of any ...

Old May 19th, 2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Technically, it shouldn't really have a species at all, because it's not, you know, alive ... which is why I think the species should best describe what it is if it's not a form of life rather than what material (energy/thought/etc.) it's composed of. To me, that description is "construct."
If we go with the "what's it made of" approach, "energy" is certainly fine. I'm just not sure it's the best approach.
Do you think leaving it blank would be the best approach?
Old May 19th, 2010, 12:36 PM

Btw, I don't at all agree with all of these, or even necessarily most, but here are some characters you could argue for having "Energy" as a species:

* Subverted (sometimes) by the Celestials in the Marvel Universe. They're composed of a very intense and powerful form of energy — which is intangible and can't do much of anything on its own. It makes a very handy source of energy for the Humongous Mecha that they essentially "wear".
o Does that make the Ide from Space Runaway Ideon an anime example of a Celestial?
* Quite a few appear in Marvel Comics. Two notables are Living Laser, a photonic being made of light, and Klaw, who is composed of solidified sound. Both were human supervillains who got an upgrade into energy beings.
o X Men's Phoenix, originally just Jean Grey with a God Mode power upgrade, was famously retconned into an alien Energy Being after the executives wanted to bring back Jean but have her not be guilty of mass murder.
o And Wonder Man, too (technically he's made of ionized matter, which contains a lot of energy).
* Superman briefly became an energy being for a reason vaguely explained as overdosing on sunlight. Being Superman, his new energy powers were just as off the charts as his Flying Brick powers. He once magnetized the Moon to keep it from crashing into Earth. He could turn into a solid being though, which was handy for Clark Kent.
o All Star Superman features a brief appearance by things that look like energy beings, but it turns out they actually have some physical presence. Their energy patterns are contained inside some kind of biogenic crystaline structure filled with a conductive gas. In layman's terms, they're living neon signs.
* A subset of this trope, especially in comic books, is the idea of the "man in the can" — the energy being that needs to be kept in a containment suit, lest he lose all coherency and possibly wipe out Detroit. Examples include:
o Wildfire from The Legion Of Superheroes.
o Captain Atom from The DCAU.
o Fuji from Stormwatch, whose suit provides some... interesting side effects. Due to his form being extremely sensitive to vibrations, he has an orgasm every five minutes.
+ This is explicitly said to be because he is made out of plasma (ionized gas), not Pure Energy.
+ Lately it was revealed his bosses found out about the orgasms and had his suit outfitted with dampeners.
o Negative Man from the Doom Patrol has the ability to release an energy form capable of amazing feats, but only for one minute at a time.
+ For that matter, Antibody from DP 7 (The New Universe) had basically the same ability.
o Johann Krauss of Hellboy spinoff BPRD (and the films of the main series) is composed of "ectoplasm" (a "spiritual energy" similar to Mana) in a containment suit.
+ Actually, at least according to the (not always internally consistent) cosmology of the Mignolaverse, Ectoplasm is a bit more than spirit energy. The spirit energy still needs a... medium, if you will, to interact with the physical world. This is achieved by combining with fluids from the channeler's own body. Herr Kraus is composed of what was once his own blood, bile, spit &... semen. Yes, that's right, he's basically a walking condom.
* Green Lantern villain Parallax is made of... fear, anyway it acts just like an energy being as does Ion (made of Willpower) and The Predator (made of love).
o Green Lantern Dkrtzy Rrr is described as a "bio-sentient mathematical equation". Why, yes, it's an Alan Moore creation. Why'd you ask?
* Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen sometimes behaves as though he were an energy being, even though he has a perfectly physical body. On the other hand, he doesn't seem to need it too much, since he quickly makes himself a new one after being disintegrated again at the end of the story.
o He can teleport, turn intangible, has telekinesis, and can manipulate his own size and color. As the page description says, the definition of "energy being" is pretty complicated, but if this guy doesn't qualify, what does?
* E Man is about an energy being alien who comes to Earth and can turn himself into whatever he wants. Hilarity Ensues.

(All this from: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EnergyBeings)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library