Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 19th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Major Q10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
This came up again recently - I may be an a$$ for asking it, but can Q9/Q10 use a special attacks to shoot both in front of and behind them, where the figure's eyes cannot see the figure since a figure is behind him (so the head itself blocks LOS using the "get behind" terminology in the rulebook) and double-space figures cannot flip during attack phase (the best they can do is "shift" on the spaces it is on)? From the FAQ quote above by @R˙chean "With double-space figures, facing does matter" it seems the answer is no, but everyone seems to agree this is being too much of a stickler and against the spirit of the rules, even in tournaments.

If I am correct, using the head instead of the eyes as a target point is one of the most abused rules as no one seems to care (including myself most of the time). Nilfheim, Moltenclaw, and other dragons were even erratad to allow their horns as alternative target points in addition to head, specifically for this rule. Maybe we need an "errata" for Q9/Q10 that says you can use any part of the head as a target point, but until then I will start being a stickler, especially since I always play against Q9/Q10, rarely with.
It's a great (but unfortunate) question to ask again. Even in Gen Con events, it seems to me that the standard way of doing things is to look from the top of Q10's head where his eyes would be -- if they were on the back of his head.

For the sake of casual play, I wish double-spaced figures were allowed to flip throughout their attack phase. It would make them comparable to single-spaced figures who get to rotate at any point during the player's turn, and it would make this issue a little less sticky, IMO.

(...where I am defining "sticky" as a situation when a rule is frequently broken even in tournament play, and few seem to care or think the rule is in the spirit of the game.)

Last edited by Mr Migraine; April 19th, 2018 at 09:56 AM. Reason: edited to include your edit

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units