Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 19th, 2020, 12:47 AM

reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

I'm reviewing some of his stories to nail him down, particularly his combat prowess, a little better. Off the top of my head, he's basically the really-formidable-guy-without-powers of the Wild Cards universe, so 200 points +/- is reasonable.

Still thinking about the theme of this guy. Mental Shield and some form of Zen Focus are good for him. But I'm reconsidering his Nemesis power.

He doesn't want to just kill Kien, he wants to ruin his life first. To that end he utilizes stealth a lot and also does a good job of infiltrating criminal organizations (even surgically altering himself for this purpose.) Stealth is more common for him than straight infiltration, but instead of Yeoman's Nemesis, what do you guys think about a power like this?

Enemy Infiltration
After all other figures have been deployed, Yeoman may be deployed in an opponent's deployment zone. Your opponent's figures may not attack Yeoman. After an opponent reveals an order marker on a Crime Lord or Criminal army card, and after your opponent is finished taking their turn/s, you may take a turn with Yeoman. If Yeoman has attacked an opponent's figure or if you control no figures without Enemy Infiltration, Yeoman loses his Enemy Infiltration power for the remainder of the game.
Old May 20th, 2020, 11:41 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

That power leans into something we call turn interruption (taking turns or attacking when it’s not your turn) that we generally try to avoid.

I’d also be worried that you would just place him next to as many opponent’s figures as possible and force lots of LEAs without attacking. I’d at least change it so the power turns off if he inflicts 1 or more wounds in any way.
Old May 20th, 2020, 02:33 PM

reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I tried to make it so he would not get his turn until the opponent was finished with their turn/s. I definitely understand the potential problems that could come from interrupting someone else's turn. It could maybe be re-phrased to activate before the controller reveals an order marker.

My intention was that LEAs would be considered an attack (in either direction) - but maybe it doesn't read that way. In such instance after making the first LEA he would immediately lose the power and be available for that opponent to attack. He could potentially deploy first but my thought was to not disadvantage the opponent in that way.

Do you think it is an interesting/workable power, or is this the wrong direction?
Old May 20th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think something like Bishop's Time Slip would work here.
Old May 21st, 2020, 12:59 PM

I'm not opposed to a Bishop approach, though I'm not immediately sure how to make it represent infiltration as well as it does time travel.

I have a couple thoughts on a re-write of the power, but it occurs to me the you-can't-attack-me part of the power would make him a really great glyph holder. That's probably not as big a deal in C3G as it is in regular Scape, but it still seems like a problematic side effect.

I'll keep thinking about him. Thanks for all the feedback!
Old May 24th, 2020, 03:21 PM

Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby! Zakizzryn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
NAME: SKITTER
SECRET IDENTITY: CELINE PATTERSON

SPECIES: METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS: UNIQUE HERO
CLASS: TITAN
PERSONALITY: WILD

SIZE/HEIGHT: MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5

MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

IMPACT WEBBING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Start the game with 3 White Webbing Markers on this card. If Skitter inflicts one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with this special attack, you may place a Webbing Marker from this card on the defending figure's Army Card. Before another figure with your Webbing Marker on its card moves, that player must roll the 20-sided die. If that player rolls 1-12, that figure may not move. If that player rolls 13 or higher, return all your Webbing Markers from that card to this card.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Skitter attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, she may attack one additional time.

EXPERT CLIMBING
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Skitter, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Skitter's height of 5 when climbing. Skitter never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

WEAK MINDED 4
If any player rolls the 20-sided die to take temporary or permanent control of Skitter, that player may add 4 to the roll.

SUPER STRENGTH
When the Teen Titans were ambushed by Detective Jocelyn Lure and a squad of armed police officers from the New York City Police Department, Skitter intervenes by attacking them with her webbing binding them together. Skitter joined the other young heroes on their trip to S.T.A.R. Labs where they are met by the villainous Grymm who used his psychic abilities to manipulate her simple mind into freeing him.

However Grymm was later defeated with the help of Bunker, which freed Skitter from his psychic thrall. She has been shown to have a strong friendship with Bunker. At one point the Titans were teleported to the Crucible to take part in the "Culling" but Skitter was left behind. Whilst alone another metahuman approached her, which leads to the possibility there is another person with Skitter's insectoid abilities out there....

Last edited by Zakizzryn; July 25th, 2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old May 24th, 2020, 03:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

You didn't tell me she had SS when you had me check the power text for you. Luckily there was plenty of room on the card still.
Old May 24th, 2020, 03:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That's looking pretty strong. What kind of points level are you thinking here. Lockdown powers like Blob/Doc Ock/Reed have are already pretty good, adding in a defense reduction as well is something that will want you to pair a lot of figures up with. Trap someone on low ground, reduce defense, attack them with Cable from high ground, destroy figure. Then getting auto-skulls and a double attack on this card already means you really don't need the ally. I can see this figure single handedly taking down in short order a lot of mid-tier heroes.
Old May 24th, 2020, 05:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, I also think that power is especially effective in the context of Titans synergy. Lock someone down with Skitter, then have Superboy protect her, while Starfire/Raven can make use of the wounds on Superboy’s card.
Old May 24th, 2020, 11:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Would Platform and Expert Climbing stack?
Why Range 3?
Old May 25th, 2020, 12:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Would estimate about 260 points for that write up. About what range would you be going for?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 2nd, 2020, 12:10 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
NAME = STATESMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = MARCUS COLE

SPECIES = INCARNATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SURVIVOR
PERSONALITY = STEADFAST

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 320

FREEDOM PHALANX SYNERGY POWER
After revealing an OM on this card and taking a turn with Statesman, you may reveal the X OM on this card. Take a turn with up to two Survivor class heroes you control. Statesman can be one of the chosen figures.

TANKER
Statesman’s defense number can not be reduced by any special power. If adjacent to at least two enemy figures, roll an additional defense die.

ZEUS’ LIGHTNING BOLT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Opponent figures do not gain bonus defense from height or terrain against this special attack.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
BIO : Statesman served alongside Lord Recluse (Stefan Richter) in World War I under his real name Marcus Cole. They traveled together after the war attempting to cure himself of a possibly fatal exposure to mustard gas. The two stole a scroll containing the location of the fabled Fountain of Zeus, which they believed would offer him a cure. They discovered the fountain in Greece and drank from it. Not only did the fountain offer a cure for the exposure to mustard gas, but it gave both of them superhuman powers. While at the fountain, they opened the lid to Pandora’s Box, which caused a dramatic increase in the number of superhumans worldwide and is responsible for their proliferation to this day.

Marcus sold many of the island’s treasures and built up a small fortune in Europe before returning to the United States in Paragon City. In order to avenge the death of his brother and step father, Marcus became the first costumed superhero and named himself Statesman.

SYNERGY POWER : He would have synergy with two other figures (Manticore and Positron), and hopefully they would add up to 650-700, letting them be a solid trio.

TANKER : Statesman's class in-game is Tanker, which is the class that's all about getting enemy attention and taking most of the damage. I think the bonus defense gets across the idea of him engaging with a bunch of baddies too.

LIGHTNING BOLT : Statesman has the powers of Zeus, and this was my way of getting that in. It 's supposed to be a big lightning bolt hitting from the sky, which is why it ignores terrain and height defense. It could have a "can't hit figures under an overhang" clause added

Statesman is a cross between Superman and Captain America from City of Heroes. One of the big events in the game is the Rikti War, where aliens invade. A bunch of heroes died, and the big ones that lived were called the "Surviving Eight", which is where the class comes from. There are two other City of Heroes figures that Statesman would bond with, and they would be Survivior class also. I don't love making a new class for 3 figures, but it seems like the best way to get bonding with them that I could think of. The other two are Manticore, a standard archer besides him being able to teleport himself/his arrows, and Positron, who is pretty much just Iron Man with radiation powers.

City of Heroes is a videogame, but it had comics, has heroclix figures, and is a superhero franchise so it fits the C3G theme well. I don't exactly know what the process of getting a franchise into C3G is, but I figured CoH wouldn't be too tough to get in. Let me know what you guys think!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy