Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old August 11th, 2010, 02:47 AM

FishTako knows what's in an order marker FishTako knows what's in an order marker
FishTako's Gencon 2010 Championship Day 1 Battle Report

FishTako's Championship Day 1 Battle Report
Click here for event details.

This year's Gencon was a blast. I normally try to play all the maps before attending an event. Unfortunately, I didn't really have time to prepare for Gencon as it cut right into my last 2 days of final projects for school. As a result, I've only played on 4 of the 10 maps prior to the con (Rift Valley, Fossil, Elswin Plateau, and Fulcrum). I picked out my army and grabbed a handful of potential reinforcements and told myself I'd figure it out when I got to Indy.

My Army:
Major Q9 180
Raelin 80
Marro Dividers x5 250

Total: 510

While I'm not a fan of d20 abilities, I think dividers are actually quite good. While divides only occur roughly 1 out of 5 times, they allow a player to maintain board position and sometimes even gain board position. On day 1 my dividers definitely divided fewer than the expected number of times for 5 squads, but the ones that did, did so in very good places.

While I took notes during the matches, my shorthand evolved and became more detailed over the course of the tournament . I've tried to be as accurate as possible, but I'm sure I missed a few things here and there in my notes. Please let me know if there are any inaccuracies in the reports.

Day 1

I was fortunate enough to play against Dragonmaster384 (Chris is a great guy and excellent player) and his Hydra x3 + rats in General Wars the previous day. Prior to this, I had very little experience beyond theoryscape with rats--having never faced them before (none of the Nor Cal guys I play with use rats). While I knew scatter was a big deal, it didn't really sink in until his rats completely immobilized my army giving his Hydras free reign to terrorize my 10th and SBs. This knowledge helped me a lot in the Championship as 2 out of my 5 opponents ran rats in day 1.

Match 1 vs. Doc (Adam Tarr) on Invasion by Longheroscaper

Glyphs:
Wannok (Doc's Side), Kelda (FishTako's Side) Doc's Army:
Major Q9 180
Raelin 80
Rats x3 120
Hydra 120

Total: 500

When we flipped over the glyphs on this map, I quickly realized that Wannok would be giving me some trouble. Dividers need numbers to divide (and be worth their points!) and I can't afford to lose too many to Wannok. I decided that it would be pointless to compete with the rats for Wannok. So with Kelda on my side of the map, if I could keep Raelin protected, I'd use her to absorb Wannok hits and have her take the Healing glyph to negate the wounds. Thankfully, the rules disallow glyph camping on Kelda.

Round 1
Doc wins init and opens with rats as expected. My first move is on Raelin to get her over the battlements. Rats take Wannok, and I get 1 divider onto the road and 2 others in position to climb the battlements. Doc advances Raelin to the mirror spot on his side of the board as I move another divider onto the road and have the other 2 climb the battlements near my Raelin. My Raelin takes a wound from Wannok.

Round 2
I move 2 dividers up to set up screen on the left of the Marro Hive while advancing another from the rear. Doc moves more rats and kills one divider but causes another to divide with a net result of zero. My 2 is on Dividers which are still busy setting up a screen. My goal is to prevent any rats from getting onto the road on my side of the Hive. 1 Divider takes the lone high hex on the road (near my Raelin). Doc's 2 is on Q9 who moves into his Raelin's aura and takes a pot shot at a divider which blocks it. I advance my Q9 and normal attack his Raelin on height for a miss. Doc's Q9 kills 1 divider. I remind Doc to roll for Wannok and Raelin takes another wound.

Round 3
More dividers move up. I manage to get 1 divider next to Doc's Q9 for a miss on his 9 defense. Rats move into position to box my lone divider in and to ensure nothing else can reach his Major. I move more dividers and decline to attack rats. Doc's Q takes out 2 dividers (no divides). My Q9 kills 1 rat and is now under my Raelin's aura. Doc advances his Hydra toward the right of the board toward my Raelin. I opt to lose a divider to Wannok in anticipation of the advancing Hydra.

Round 4
Dividers maneuver to box my Q9 in safely away from rats. Rats attack Dividers, I get 1 divide. My Q9 puts 1 wound on Doc's Raelin and his Hydra takes out my Divider on height. I feed I Divider to the hydra and advance more. Hydra kills it. Wannok kills another Divider.

Round 5
Doc wins init. Hydra is getting dangerously close to Raelin, but needs to cut down another Divider to get there. It does. I move Q9 to engage the Hydra. Hydra has height but my Q9 has Raelin. Q9 puts a hit on the Hydra. Hydra takes a leaving engagement (1 wound) to move to kill a Divider and get within a 2 hex striking distance of Raelin. The Divider defends twice?! Doc's Hydra is engaged to a divider and in trouble as it can't attack Raelin, who is behind a bush 2 hexes away. My Q9 puts another wound on it. The one headed Hydra kills the remaining divider. Q9 kills the Hydra. Wannok kills another Divider.

Round 6
My Q9 shoots at doc's Raelin for nothing with 2 attacks of 3 and I kill his rat on Wannok? (my notes are bit unclear here) His Q9 steps forward an blasts my Raelin with a normal attack and gets 3 skulls. Raelin, next to a bush, gets 1 shield and dies. Adam is now up on points. My order marker 2 was on Raelin who was to go get the heal glyph. Doc goes again and his Q9 kills 2 dividers (no divides). My Q9 lands 2 hits on his Raelin. His Q9 takes out a critical divider which allows him to move his Major (next turn) to engage my Major.

Round 7
Time is called. I win init. My Q9 fails to put any wounds on Raelin with 3 attacks of 3. Doc's Q9 engages my Q9 and the game is over. Doc wins on points!

This was a really close match. Doc played an excellent game and went on to go 5-0 in day 1 and ultimately win the event in Day 2. We talked after the match and it really boiled down to him being able to kill my Raelin and me not being able to kill his. Had that happened, he'd still be up a few points but my dividers might have a chance to edge out his rats in a non-timed environment.

I made 1 glaring mistake. I really should have put marker 1 instead of 2 on Raelin in Round 6. I mistakenly thought Raelin would be safe since the Hydra was gone.

At any rate, seeing Doc's Hydra in action would plant the seed for bringing my own in Day 2.

Units Remaining:
FishTako: Q9, just under 2 squads of Dividers.
Doc: Q9, Raelin, nearly all 3 squads of rats

Record: 0-1

Match 2 vs. Dave? on Elswin Plateau by Mooseman

Glyphs:
Defense +1 and Kelda

Dave's Army:
Marrden Hounds 90
Agent Carr 100
Brunak 110
Braxas 210

Total: 510

Round 1
I win init and advance Raelin toward the center of the board to maximize her aura coverage. Dave leads with hounds with move 8 to take the high ground on the road. My 2 is on the Dividers which are spread out evenly across the field. Braxas charges forward. Q9 moves toward Raelin and the glyphs. Braxas manages to gas 1 divider and fails to gas Raelin.

Round 2
I win init and Q9 lands 1 hit on Braxas. I realized shortly afterward that I should have engaged the black dragon with Q9. Braxas moves away from Q9 toward the opposite side of my start zone and gasses 2 dividers! Q9 puts another wound on Braxas. Braxas gases Raelin! Dividers near start zone engage Braxas and land 2 hits. Dave's 3 is on Hounds which move 10-11 spaces on the road grabbing high ground.

Round 3
Dividers go first and land another 1 hit from height and one hit from level ground on Braxas. A hound advances on the road and takes a divider down from height the other hounds move in to position for marro plague. The dividers swarm Braxas and finish her off. Order marker 2 was on Braxas so Q9 shoots and kills a hound. Brunak carries Carr toward the glyph area.

Round 4
Q9 takes a pot shot at Carr and misses. Brunak advances and drops Carr in front of Q9. Dividers manage to take the defense glyph and land a hit on Carr. The 3rd divider attacks a hound for nothing. Carr lands 1 hit from height with his sword of reckoning on Q9. Q9 retaliates with Queglix gun and takes out Carr. The remaining 2 hounds plague and kill 1 divider.

Round 5
Q9 takes a leaving engagement from Brunak to grab Kelda and is healed to full. Brunak uses Blood hungry attack to kill 2 Dividers including the one on the defense Glyph. Dividers advance and put 0 wounds on Brunak. Brunak kills another Divider with Blood Hungry Attack and misses Q9. My opponent and I both realize that he overlooked a divider that was eligible for Blood Hungry attack after he opted to attack Q9. Dividers fail to put wounds on hounds. Hounds land another plague to kill 2 dividers and slay a third with their normal attack.

Round 6
Dave wins initiative finally and moves Brunak onto the defense glyph. He lands 1 hit on Q9. Q9 grabs height and lands a wound on Brunak from Queglix gun. The hounds position themselves next to more dividers but fail to deal damage. Dividers kill 1 hound. Brunak misses Q9 who now has height. Queglix gun finishes off Brunak.

Round 7
I win init again and the dividers miss the last hound but take the defense glyph. The single hound deals no wounds. Q9 fails to kill the hound in the next 2 turns and the hound kills another 2 dividers.

Round 8
Q9 engages the hound and finishes it off.

Units Remaining:
FishTako: Q9 (3 life), 3 Dividers

I have never faced Braxas before and as a result, didn't quite realize the importance of engaging her early to prevent her from bouncing around. Braxas' early gas on Raelin was a big wake up call. I don't recall getting a single divide this game, but to be fair, most dividers died to special abilities like gas or plague which really minimized my divide rolls.

Record 1-1

Match 3 vs. Brownsfan (Ben) on Jotun's Gap by Dignan

Glyphs:
Valda, Kelda

Brownsfan's Army:
Major Q9 180
Rats x3 120
Laglor 110
Krav 100

The second Q9 + Rats army I'd face today. Surveying the map, I decided to go all out toward the ruins to my right. Height was more accessible for Q9 there and I could wall off the 'gap' with Dividers while keeping all my units under Raelin's aura.

Round 1
Brownsfan moved rats in toward both glyphs. I moved Raelin onto height seeking refuge near the ruins. The rats move to take the Valda and Kelda, at which point Brownsfan realized that he could not camp Kelda (I had learned this two matches ago with Doc). Raelin defends against a 1 die rat attack. Dividers move toward the higher ground on the right (toward Kelda glyph) I knew I had no chance of taking Valda unless I moved Q9 toward the left of the map. As this would require me to concede height to my opponent, I opted to forgo the glyph entirely. Both of us realized that neither of the Majors could use the Kelda glyph--it was on a sunken 1 hex space! The rats use Raelin to leap frog to my dividers in my start zone. Luckily my Q9 is tucked safely behind a row of dividers. The rats fail to put wounds on dividers. I advance Q9 and squash a rat.

Round 2
I win init. Q9 moves toward Raelin and guns down another rat. Rats advance to engage Q9. My Q9 kills another rat. Brownsfan moves his Q9 and attacks up at 8 range at my Raelin with a normal attack. Raelin blocks. I position dividers along the edges of the gap to prepare for a rush on his Q9.

Round 3
My Q9 kills another rat while moving onto even height with my Raelin near the ruins. Brownsfan's Q9 takes a shot at my Major who defends under Raelin's aura. I advance 2 of my dividers up the hill and another toward my opponents Q9. Q9 downs the advancing divider. I extend my Q9 out to shoot a lone Krav in the start zone and get a lucky shot as the Krav fails stealth dodge! My opponent's 3 is on the Krav, they begin to move to the opposite hill and take pot shots at Q9 under Laglor's range boost. My defense holds as Q9 has height plus Raelin.

Round 4
The rats engage Q9 and peck at the dividers. Q9 takes out 2 rats. Both our Q9's trade normal attacks (mine from height) for net 0 damage. I advance my dividers and engage Brownsfan's Q9. His Q9 retaliates and cuts down a divider.

Round 5
I advance more dividers and set up a screen on the hill near my Q9. Rats try to push through. My Q9 cuts down 2 rats. Brownsfan uses his 2 Krav and puts 1 wound on my Q9. My Q9 shoots down at his Q9 for no damage. Brownsfan moves his Q9 out of range of my Q9 using Laglor's aura and takes a normal attack at my Major which gets blocked. 5 minute warning is called.

Round 6
One of my dividers manages to engage Q9 and land 1 hit. Brownsfan opts for Q9 to take a leaving engagement (1 wound) and moves closer so he can shoot at my Q9. The shots are blocked. Both our Q9's trade shots doing nothing. The Krav move in for a blitz but fail to kill my Q9. I manage to win on time having killed most of his rats.

Units left:
Brownsfan: Q9 (2 life), 2 Krav, Laglor, 1 squad of rats
FishTako: Q9 (3 life), Raelin, 4 squads of Dividers

Record: 2-1

Match 4 vs. Jacob_J_P (Jacob Pong) on Fissure by Dignan

Glyphs:
Fixed Glyph Valda

Jacob_J_P's Army:

Major Q9 180
Stingers x4
Raelin 80

Total 500

Wow. This will be the 3rd Q9 I'd face today. While I can't complain given that I'm fielding a Major of my own, facing a larger variety of armies would be nice. Heavy snow was going to be a big deal on this map. Both our armies have Q9 and an average move of 5. Valda will make a huge difference.

Round 1
Dividers fan out 2 take the central path toward the glyph from opposite sides of the river, while the third sneaks up using the cover of the ruins. Jacob positions Raelin onto the lone high snow space. My Q9 advances and takes a pot shot at Raelin which is blocked. The opposing Q9 shoots at my Q9. My 3rd is on Raelin and I move her to the mirror spot on the single hex snow tile on height. JP's Q9 takes a shot at Raelin which is blocked.

Round 2
My dividers take Valda and one manages to engage Raelin landing 2 wounds on her. JP's 1st is on Raelin who takes a wound from leaving engagement to fly her to the other side of the glacier. I shift my Q9 to follow and kill his Raelin with a normal attack. His Q9 shoots at mine (still in Raelin's aura) for no damage. My divider that was on Raelin engages JP's Q9 and misses. I advance a few more dividers in an attempt to control the center. His 3 is on the Stingers who successfully drain but are unable to put wounds on Q9's 9 defense.

Round 3
My 1 is on Raelin, she scoots toward the left so her aura will extend to my Q9 if and when he takes height. The stingers grab height on snow, drain and put 2 wounds on my Q9!

This was a critical round. The two hits the stingers landed on Q9 put me in serious trouble. If I'm unable to retaliate and take out at least 2 stingers that turn with Q9, I'd be screwed. I decide to take height (just barely with the help of Valda) and engage the stingers with the Major. Fortune smiled on me and his Queglix gun takes 2 of them down. JP's 3 is on stingers and the lone advance stinger puts 1 damage on Raelin while 2 others move from the start zone. My dividers land 1 hit on JP's Q9 and kills 1 stinger. His Q9 Queglix guns a divider and my Q9 blocks the rest.

Round 4
His Q9 Queglix my Q9 on height + Raelin for nothing. My dividers kill another 2 stingers from height and engage and attack JP's Q9 who defends. Stingers drain but don't get the bonus. They are unable to put wounds on my Q9 or dividers (I believe one divides). I reposition Raelin to extend her aura to include the divider sitting on Valda while keeping Q9 protected. JP's Q9 is unable to damage my Q9 while my Major puts down another 2 stingers.

Round 5
I push another divider forward to engage a stinger to protect my divider on the glyph. Dividers land 1 hit on Q9 from height and kill 1 stinger. JP's Q9 kills a divider and puts no wounds on my Q9. My Queglix kills a stinger and puts no wounds on JP's Major. JP has 3 stingers left in the start zone they dispatch 1 divider engaged to them and attack up for no net damage. Valda has been huge for me as it allows me to constantly reinforce my front lines with dividers. The dividers descend from height into the start area and kill off another 2 stingers.

Round 6
JP's Q9 kills a divider and fails to put wounds on my Q9. One divider manages to engage Q9 who defends. Q9 kills another divider and my Major blocks the remaining shots. My Q9 fails to damage JP's. JP retreats Q9 across the river and takes out a stinger. My dividers kill the last stinger and move toward my opponent's major.

Round 7 and 8
Both Q9's exchange pot shots with normal attacks at each other for net result of nothing for several turns. I have the advantage of height + Raelin. Eventually JP advances Q9 into Queglix range and we plink away at each other until I land a 3 skull hit and JP whiffs on defense.

Units Left:
FishTako: Q9 (2 health), Raelin, 3 or 4 dividers?

Record: 3-1

Match 5 vs. Cleon (Cody) on Fossil by R˙chean

Glyphs:
Wannok and (Initiative?)

It was really refreshing playing against Cleon. Not just because his army was different, but because he's a really cool guy. You should check out some of his gencon vids on youtube.

Cleon's Army:
Stingers x5 300
Nilfheim 185
Marcu 20

Total: 505

Round 1
Cleon's Stingers go first and advance onto the road. I move Raelin onto height toward the init glyph. Stingers blaze toward my start zone on the road. Dividers move onto the road. Stingers attack my dividers in the start zone which defend. Q9 moves up a level and guns down 1 stinger.

Round 2
Stingers drain successfully and put 2 hits on Raelin. Q9 fails to put wounds on Stingers. Stingers attack the dividers and take Wannok. I get 1 divide. Dividers retaliate by taking down 1 stinger next to Raelin. Stingers drain again and kill Raelin. My dividers move in for some huge 3 skull hits on stingers which all get blocked! I lose a divider to wannok.

Round 3

Stingers take init. My dividers hold strong as they defend against 2 stinger attacks. Dividers come back and kill 2 stingers including the glyph holder. Most of the fighting is taking place on the right side of the map near Raelin's grave with a small contingent of troops near the wannok glyph. Stingers fail to put wounds on Q9. Q9 decides to do the same and misses the stingers 3 times. Stingers attack a divider and miss. A divider claims wannok and more get on the road. Cleon puts a wound on Marcu. I realize that Marcu could take wounds all day and decide to forgo Wannok shortly after.

Round 4
I win init. This is a rather uneventful round. Dividers put no wounds on stingers and the pacifist stingers do the same. Dividers manage to kill 2 stingers and they return the favor. Net losses in this round are 2 dividers and 3 stingers. The battle is now heating up near the small swamp hill near wannok.

Round 5
Q9 takes height near the Hive and slays a stinger. Stingers drain and lose a turn. Ouch! Dividers take advantage and kill 3 stingers. Stingers attack kill a divider and I get a lucky divide for a net of 0. My dividers on the hill rush at Nilfheim and sneak 2 wounds on the dragon and kill 1 stinger. Stingers take out a divider.

Round 6
Q9 goes first and kills 2 stingers with Queglix. Nilf take a leaving engagement from the dividers and kills 1 divider with ice shards and puts 3 wounds on Q9 with his second shard! I position more dividers but can't get to Nilf. Nilf flies up to engage Q9 and attacks with a normal attack for 1 skull?! Q9 blocks with 1 shield!? My dividers surround Nilf who blocks the first 2 attacks and whiffs against a 3rd divider's 3 skull attack! The dragon falls and time is called.

Units Left:
Fishtako: Q9 (1 health), 5 or 6 dividers
Cleon: Marcu (4 health)

Record: 4-1

It was nice to put faces to some of the names on the boards. All the players I faced were extremely cool and an absolute pleasure to play against.

My 4-1 put me in at 10th at the end of day 1. Whew! That was a lot to post. I'll post a Day 2 battle report up later.

Click here to read about day 2.

Last edited by FishTako; August 12th, 2010 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Added link to day 2
Old August 11th, 2010, 03:38 AM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart
Re: FishTako's Gencon 2010 Championship Day 1 Battle Report

very cool I dont have dividers but they sound really fun to play. your a great player. nice job .

stingers>everything else

Last edited by adbirk19; August 11th, 2010 at 03:39 AM. Reason: sppelin.
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:24 AM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart

Any idea on how often you actually hit the divide in day 1? It felt like a ton when you were whooping up on me.
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:03 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Great reports. That really was my closest game on day 1. The mistake I made with the Hydra in our match helped me figure out how to play him later in the day.
Old August 11th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice long read. I'm intrigued to read the report for day 2.
Old August 11th, 2010, 12:16 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Well, now I see the importance of your meticulous note taking! Thanks for representing with dividers. I think they rock. You proved they are worthy of consideration.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 11th, 2010, 04:51 PM

FishTako knows what's in an order marker FishTako knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_j_p View Post
Any idea on how often you actually hit the divide in day 1? It felt like a ton when you were whooping up on me.
I get this question a lot, and I think dividers are often perceived to divide a lot more than they actually do, because when a divide hits it often provides a significant advantage. From a mental game standpoint, it is quite demoralizing to have something you killed to not only live but reinforce your opponent's board presence. I've fought against dividers before and felt like they were hitting all their rolls only to revisit the match and find that a couple key divides altered my perception of the game entirely.

I'm pretty sure I only hit 2 divides in my game with you. One was fairly early on when you were trying to clear the dividers near the central glyph and the second was near the end when the dividers were in your start zone basing stingers to prevent shots at Q9. My dividers did, however, roll above average defense dice.

As far as day 1, I hit a couple against Doc when his rats attacked my dividers early in the game. In game 2 I got none. Against Brownsfan, I got an early divide against a rat that netted no extra dividers (nothing had died yet) right off the bat. Against Cleon, I got 2.

In the case of our match-up, I don't think the divides won the game for me. I believe it came down to 3 factors.

- You took an early loss of Raelin. To be fair, I over-extended Q9 out of the safety of my divider screen to take the chancy shot at her but the gamble did pay off.

- After your initial drain landed 2 hits on Q9, I was able to grab height (due to move glyph), I was fortunate enough to gun down 2 of your stingers (much easier w/o Raelin to protect them). The subsequent turn your stingers weren't able to wound the Major any further. This was a big deal because the rest of the stingers were more or less on the other side of the glacier or in your start zone. Had I followed my instincts to retreat Q9, I would have conceded height to your stingers and I think you'd have an excellent chance at winning.

- My divider on the move glyph defended like a champ (I think he blocked against 2 stingers attacking down). 7 move dividers for most of the game is pretty nuts.

You played an excellent game, especially considering the early losses you sustained and had one of those 3 things gone differently, I think the game could have gone either way.
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:11 PM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart

Quite insightful post. I think it was that early divide that really turned the tides. It let you control my start zone, and kept my Q9 from getting better position.
Old August 12th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishTako View Post
It was really refreshing playing against Cleon. Not just because his army was different, but because he's a really cool guy. You should check out some of his gencon vids on youtube.
Thank you, and you too. I thought you were a really great sport during this event and I know a lot of people get caught up in anxiety and in worrying about making Day 2 that they can't have some laughs, cheer for an opponent's figure, or even crack a smirk.

This was my 4th year in the main event and I have been seeing a pattern with my performances; besides my first year I always pull three solid wins and one loss by the fifth round and can't seem to get the final win. I did make 17th though, which is pretty cool after you get over not making day 2.

Thanks for the vids mention. Yes, almost all the videos are up now. I have a good 12 or so and they're all 8 - 13 min. long. Lots of footage, lots of laughs, and lots of memories. Check em out to get a good taste of Heroscape (and SW) at GenCon.

It was pleasing to play and meet you, FishTako. The ending may have been different if I rolled higher with Nilfheim my second (or third) roll, but getting three wounds with ice shard on Q9 was lucky enough. Even if I just rolled one more skull on that adjacent attack to take Q9 down, you had a solid amount of Dividers left. I don't think I would have prevailed with a four-wounded Nilf and Marcu (I think he was wounded too). Well played and nice dividing rolls.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports