Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old October 19th, 2015, 06:07 PM

WaRDeMoNx327 *glass shatters*
15 *NEW* Custom Spells v.1.0

*Re-posted from another forum*
I got bored over the weekend and made my own card templates for all five colors that is very close to the originals but intentionally *slightly* different. Used Fireworks CS6 to make the templates. After that, I decided to crank out a few spells that I feel would expand play options and make some colors feel like their MtG counter-parts. All I need is input on how to make these cards better.

Black
Features: Poison counter mechanic, using enemy graveyard figures against your opponents, and a simple PW boost that'll cost you some life. It's okay, that's what Altar's Reap is for. You can use a d8 for tracking poison counters. Still thinking of a way to identify the "borrowed" figure for Strands of Undeath.

Blue
Features: Added an enchantment to give a squad flying. Blue is a bit OP, so I kept things to a minimum. But giving a blue PW telepathy just seems right without changing anything on the board but it DOES change that blue PW's strategy. Train of thought was just thrown in to give Blue a bit of a hand advantage, as they normally do in MtG.

Green
Features: Crash Landing can put an end to a flying creature real quick. Green also had ways to bring creatures back, so I gave Green Regenerate. Not as useful as Black, but still, when have you NOT wished for one more Pummelroot? Lastly, a nasty little movement restricting enchantment to further enhance Green's mobility.

Red
Features: FIRE! FIRE!!! Red has ALWAYS been known for it's blast spells. Also, Chandra is HORRIBLE when she's engaged. So, a few spells to help her out including a (g)oldie.

White
Features: White doesn't feel like white... I added Circle of Protection as a Hidden Enchantment to negate nastiness from touching a squad until the start of your next turn. Also, White needs more healing. Hence, Healing Circle. I may change it to remove 1 damage marker from all friendly figures within 4 spaces of white PW you control, including the white PW. Lastly, a long awaited mechanic for Vigilance. I did NOT like that a figure can move around an engaged figure without consequence. "Vigilance," as a name truly fits the mechanic I came up with, as well. Note: The Leyline Phantoms would still not incur a Leaving Engagement Attack, since their cards specifically say they don't.

Well, there you have it folks. Let me know what you think! I don't know much about cost factors, so I came up with reasonable numbers. For now, if you want to playtest, simply increase the number of spell cards you're allowed from 12 to 15... Nobody said we can't play it our way, which is what I will continue to enjoy regardless. Happy Planeswalker Killing!
Old October 25th, 2015, 01:38 PM

Re: 15 *NEW* Custom Spells v.1.0

*UPDATE* VERSION 1.1

BLACK:

Changed the wording on Strands of Undeath.

BLUE
GREEN

Changed Regenerate spell text and type to Hidden Enchantment.

RED

Changed range on Fireball. Changed wording on Immolate from squad creatures to figures.

WHITE

Changed wording on Circle of Protection & type to Hidden Enchant Squad. Changed Healing Circle wording.
Old October 25th, 2015, 01:41 PM

Forgot 1 Red Spell & Forgot All of Blue. Will add as soon as I get back from eating Breakfast. Obviously, I'm starving and posting to multiple forums is tough. :P
Old October 25th, 2015, 03:13 PM

Missing Red Spell

BLUE

Changed Train of Thought to Jace's Ingenuity to match the MtG card of the same name. Changed Telepathy to a Sorcery. Was OP.
Old October 25th, 2015, 08:24 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Well, these look pretty good. Even if Blue doesn't have any solid cards to draw into, superior card drawing like Jace's Ingenuity means you're running 3 less cards in your deck. I like all the cards, especially Red and White. Keep up the good work!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 25th, 2015, 08:50 PM

Thanks!
Old October 26th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Making the Poison counter count equal to the Life is not the best I think as they are basically just unhealable wounds.

In Magic, the poison counter count is set. 10.
You may change that number around, perhaps cut it in half to 5. But I think it should be a set number no matter what figure it is.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 27th, 2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Making the Poison counter count equal to the Life is not the best I think as they are basically just unhealable wounds.

In Magic, the poison counter count is set. 10.
You may change that number around, perhaps cut it in half to 5. But I think it should be a set number no matter what figure it is.
I thought about that but the problem came with the realization that all MtG players start with 20 health. So the mechanic was made with the concept that once half of that number was reached it was game over. The problem is the PWs have set health. Some have more than others. I want to have this playtested for a bit and if it seems like the spell never resolves to that specific condition, I may set a static number like 5 or 6. 5 seems a bit fast. But, we'll see! "Death in Five Paces" sounds really cool though.
Old October 27th, 2015, 02:36 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hard set death clocks are tough. That's why it may still be 10 count.

Old November 5th, 2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Hard set death clocks are tough. That's why it may still be 10 count.
5 turns out to be too quick. 10 turns hardly ever resolved. The way I wrote the card gives you 6 or 7 turns, depending on your planeswalker. If I do go static, I may lean towards 7. You can overcome the Black PW in 6 moves, it's just a little bit tough. BUT - the characters w/ 6 health (Red/White) can usually overcome the enchantment with straight damage. Other spells that remove then enchantment negate the pressure (Green). For now, I'll leave it as is, unless I find consistent evidence where 6 moves is too little.
Old November 6th, 2015, 10:40 PM

Evidence = Future poison spells. One spell should feel just under curve, under power.

Old November 7th, 2015, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Evidence = Future poison spells. One spell should feel just under curve, under power.
I was thinking it over and I'm inclined to change the spell to "Whenever the Planeswalker is selected, add a posion counter. When the number of poison counters on this PW reaches 5, destroy this PW."

That way, it's not 5 turns period, it puts pressure on whether or not you can use the PW.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender