Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 6th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie

A simple word here encapsulates everything it needs to. Simpler is better.
In this case, I would have several words in a row to express my emotional state over having seen this out the window of the plane. My language at that point would strip paint off the plane and melt the eardrums of small children.
Old November 7th, 2007, 06:53 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie

A simple word here encapsulates everything it needs to. Simpler is better.
In this case, I would have several words in a row to express my emotional state over having seen this out the window of the plane. My language at that point would strip paint off the plane and melt the eardrums of small children.

That would do it...especially since I build aircraft and fly alot I know what is coming next :P In all honesty the most common phrase uttered by pilots on the black box right before impact is a very calm "Oh S***". And I do mean calm, I have gone down in a helicopter and it is very surreal....much like a car wreck. At the time there is not alot of time for tons of emotion and training generally kicks in....Pilots will try to fly an aircraft all the way to impact out of sheer instinct....its the 3 AM in the morning when you wake up in cold sweats that it really hits you on what happened if you manage to live:P

edit: BTW that pic is not as bad as it looks...that is just the cowlings coming off...it looks nasty but that Aircraft is stilll very flyable

This on the other hand is a reason to scream...

Old November 8th, 2007, 12:04 AM

Neonexus has disabled reputation
Yeah if I saw that I would let out a few choice words, but mostly I'd just think "wow, that sucks for those people... really" based on the angle that the shot was taken. Now if that plane was coming towards me my reaction would be much louder and profane/vulgar, and would probably be quickly cut short. In reply to the topic at hand. I don't consider any word as vulgar unless it's directed at somebody. When you call somebody an offensive name you are swearing. When you just let out a word out of surprise/frustration/pain/etc. as long as it's not directed at anybody in particular you're just saying words. Words only have as much meaning as people let them. It's the intent behind a word that can make it vulgar. Like... I could call somebody from nebraska a corn suckings cow herder and they could take offense to that, especially if I had ill intent portrayed in my voice. I can understand why somebody would be offended by any word that is meant to hurt them, but for those that are not directed at them, they're just words. If I said "oh, holy f*** n**s" after stubbing my toe, I don't see why you should take offense to that. I was just releasing frustration. So if you choose not to swear yourself, that's fine, but I don't think anybody should be offended by certain words that are just used around them.
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:21 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonexus
Yeah if I saw that I would let out a few choice words, but mostly I'd just think "wow, that sucks for those people... really" based on the angle that the shot was taken. Now if that plane was coming towards me my reaction would be much louder and profane/vulgar, and would probably be quickly cut short. In reply to the topic at hand. I don't consider any word as vulgar unless it's directed at somebody. When you call somebody an offensive name you are swearing. When you just let out a word out of surprise/frustration/pain/etc. as long as it's not directed at anybody in particular you're just saying words. Words only have as much meaning as people let them. It's the intent behind a word that can make it vulgar. Like... I could call somebody from nebraska a corn suckings cow herder and they could take offense to that, especially if I had ill intent portrayed in my voice. I can understand why somebody would be offended by any word that is meant to hurt them, but for those that are not directed at them, they're just words. If I said "oh, holy f*** n**s" after stubbing my toe, I don't see why you should take offense to that. I was just releasing frustration. So if you choose not to swear yourself, that's fine, but I don't think anybody should be offended by certain words that are just used around them.
Unless my kids are present....then I get to whack you in the nose
Old November 8th, 2007, 09:10 AM

wrestlingking235 has disabled reputation
Going to a High School where the majority is lower class Hispanic and Afrcian American (Not to be racist. Just This is not a nice school) I here every curse word ever made. To me, they do it to elevate themselves. They feel cool doing it, but when every other word is the f-bomb, it gets rather boring. To quote my friend: "Swears are fine to use in certain situations, but just saying them to say them, that's stupid. If you playfully punched me in the shoulder, I shouldn't say, "What the **** was that for?" But if I came to school with a gun and planned to shoot everyone, then it be fine to coem up to me and say, "Dude, what the **** are doing?"
Old November 8th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx
I don't particularly fell like shredding through alot of pages, so sorry if this topic has shown up already. What caused you to create this thread? Not trying to sound rude or mean, but it seems kind of random. It is similiar to asking why some people drink coffee. You may not like coffee, but there is really nothing to discuss. Does that even make any sense?

If I am correct, you were pretty boiled down about some profanity of language soon before you got online. If you would like to discuss that, it may be a more informal topic.
The idea was completely random, I just made it to see what would come of it... The coffee thread sounds interesting though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old November 8th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker

I could see how people would freak out seeing this come off the plane. Even thou, it's no more than say, your hood flying off your car. Not a big deal. Now if you see it explode and drop off the wing, then you might have to put your seatbelt on.

Now this situation on the concord. I believe is more of a relaxed situation for the passengers. Thou, this probably ended in a pile of molten slag. It's on the bottom and back of the plane, which means, nobody knew what was going on and everyone was drinking tea and talking about their meaningless exsistance.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old November 8th, 2007, 07:21 PM

Renquist has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingking235
Going to a High School where the majority is lower class Hispanic and Afrcian American (Not to be racist. Just This is not a nice school) I here every curse word ever made. To me, they do it to elevate themselves. They feel cool doing it, but when every other word is the f-bomb, it gets rather boring. To quote my friend: "Swears are fine to use in certain situations, but just saying them to say them, that's stupid. If you playfully punched me in the shoulder, I shouldn't say, "What the **** was that for?" But if I came to school with a gun and planned to shoot everyone, then it be fine to coem up to me and say, "Dude, what the **** are doing?"
"They?" Your referring to "them" as "they" is only going to bring to question your feelings and morales to other peoples in society, regardless of your "Not to be racist" remark. Some people might think you can't quite help yourself.

People should choose words more carefully rather than swear?

Some people should perhaps choose words more carefully so as to not appear a complete bigot. I personally find your comments more offensive than a wide variety of swear words.
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:16 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renquist
"They?" Your referring to "them" as "they" is only going to bring to question your feelings and morales to other peoples in society, regardless of your "Not to be racist" remark. Some people might think you can't quite help yourself.

People should choose words more carefully rather than swear?

Some people should perhaps choose words more carefully so as to not appear a complete bigot. I personally find your comments more offensive than a wide variety of swear words.
I see what you're saying here- and I actually read it that way- but it can easily be interpreted either way. Give him the benefit of the doubt. Being accused of being racist when you're not is a very uncomfortable situation.
Old November 8th, 2007, 10:03 PM

Neonexus has disabled reputation
To add to what I posted earlier. I personally don't swear all that much just because I don't find need to. Depends on where I am and who I'm with usually. If there are kids present or ladies, or my parents, then I'm more apt to watch what I say, whatever it may be, which may not just be "swear words". If I'm with friends though we're really loose with our speach. When I'm out of the house among people I don't know I'm also careful about what I say until I get a feel for what they're comfortable talking about.
Old November 8th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I should mention that when I'm around people who I respect and/or like, and they ask me not to use profanity, I generally try to curb my tongue.

On the other hand, if asked by someone I think is a tool to not cuss, I will generally reply with a curt offensive phrase.

I think one thing that's fascinating is that the BBC does not screen for profanity in clearly adult television. Watch 'Kitchen Nightmares' on BBC, and you won't hear the beeping. Incidentally, you might also see a boob.

On the other hand, it's extremely rare to see violence on BBC, and when you do, it tends to be muted or off-camera. You can see strippers with potty mouths, but you won't see maggot-crawling corpses or gunshot wounds to the face. Apparently British people would prefer their citizens were having sex, maybe even talking dirty, to stabbing each other.

Crazy Brits. Every red-blooded American knows killing is more fun than sex.
Old November 8th, 2007, 11:34 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Crazy Brits. Every red-blooded American knows killing is more fun than sex.
That's because we actually care about the population crisis. They will thank us a hundred years from now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General