Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 12th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Punisher - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I personally wouldn't wan't the shotgun to affect him, but I would prefer it if all affected units require LOS. I know the official precedence you sighted has it as not being required but it just doesn't make sense to me & I don't think we should perpetuate it.
Old May 12th, 2010, 09:52 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

The Punisher is looking great. One of my all-time favourite comics is where the Punisher kills the entire Marvel Universe...

I'd hoped the Punisher would be an offensive powerhouse; our A+ Q9.

Keep the life at 5. I'm really starting to tire of the thinking that a human must have a life of 4. It is . Our Batman and Magneto suffer because of it. The original game never imposed such rigid thinking and I don't think we should either.

I love the auto-shotty and would rather keep it over a sniper attack.

Should the Armour piercing rocket effect adjacent figure? Seems a bit odd that it doesn't...
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
The Punisher is looking great. One of my all-time favourite comics is where the Punisher kills the entire Marvel Universe...

I'd hoped the Punisher would be an offensive powerhouse; our A+ Q9.

Keep the life at 5. I'm really starting to tire of the thinking that a human must have a life of 4. It is . Our Batman and Magneto suffer because of it. The original game never imposed such rigid thinking and I don't think we should either.

I love the auto-shotty and would rather keep it over a sniper attack.

Should the Armour piercing rocket effect adjacent figure? Seems a bit odd that it doesn't...

Thanks Whitestuff.

Doesn't look like many others share your interest in him being an offensive powerhouse, so he's been depowered.

I had started out with a life of 5 for him but again, he was perceived to be too powerful, so I cut it and his defense down to 4 (they were both 5 originally). I had fought to get Magneto a life of 5, but was told that he was perfect the way he was and that he was quite powerful.

Auto-Shotgun is a little less than it was originally due to overpowered concerns expressed.

Regarding the Armor Piercing Rocket - I didn't think it was ultra thematic for him to be able to shoot a rocket launcher point blank, and I figured it would also help keep the power leve down some.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:59 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
I'm really starting to tire of the thinking that a human must have a life of 4. It is . Our Batman and Magneto suffer because of it. The original game never imposed such rigid thinking and I don't think we should either.
I SO agree with you here! The Life should be determined by the specific needs and balance of each figure, and not on some arbitrary rule.
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Ok what about something like:
Quote:
If Punisher attacks a Criminal, Crime Lord, or Mastermind with his normal attack, he may attack two additional times with his normal attack if the target each attack is a Criminal, Crime Lord or Mastermind. Roll 1 less attack die for each subsequent attack. Punisher cannot attack the same figure more than once.
Cheers
Thanks for the suggestion A3n, I made the chage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
I personally wouldn't wan't the shotgun to affect him, but I would prefer it if all affected units require LOS. I know the official precedence you sighted has it as not being required but it just doesn't make sense to me & I don't think we should perpetuate it.
I made the change to shotgun requiring clear sight shot for other affected figures. If this sticks, I think it should be precedent for ALL shotgun special attacks used from here on out for any C3G unit. I'm not down with having it changed away from the original version for a couple units and then changed back to roll with the official wording later for units that someone is more fond of. That would be B.S. and wouldn't fly with me. This should also be considered for other attacks that affect adjacent figures. If you can't see it, you can't hit it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've never had a problem with explosive attacks affecting figures you can't see - seems perfectly thematic. You're only aiming for the original target and everything else is splash damage.
I think the official game has really set that precedent of doing things and we can and should stick to it.
I'm even being sold on him and Alfred not being affected by their own shotgun blasts because, clearly, I know less about the mechanics of shotguns than you guys.
I'm going to check the first post, but hopefully you didn't depower him too much, Hahma. I think more people are in favor of a powerful Punisher than you're gathering. At most, one or two comments have been in favor of depowering him and the majority, quieter perhaps?, of the comments have been really happy with the original draft.
Btw, I like life of 5 on him. I just though 5 defense might be too much in combination.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 12th, 2010, 12:13 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

After reviewing the first post, I say shame on you, Hahma, for caving to very limited pressure in the face of many people loving what you had originally.
I'm going to start rallying right here to get that life back up to 5 and to fix Auto Shotgun and return it to its original glory.
With only a range of 3, absolutely no reason it shouldn't be a triple attack of 3 with explosive potential and not require that ridiculous LOS on all other affected figures for splash damage. The official game has a clear precedent for how splash damage is handled and I see absolutely no reason to depart from that.
I've gotta teach you to fight a little more for your great ideas, Hahma! It's one thing if there's a clear majority not loving it, but I just don't see that here.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 12th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Lots of guns.... oh look, a few more guns.... and he has a rocket.... yep, that's Punisher!
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
After reviewing the first post, I say shame on you, Hahma, for caving to very limited pressure in the face of many people loving what you had originally.
I'm going to start rallying right here to get that life back up to 5 and to fix Auto Shotgun and return it to its original glory.
With only a range of 3, absolutely no reason it shouldn't be a triple attack of 3 with explosive potential and not require that ridiculous LOS on all other affected figures for splash damage. The official game has a clear precedent for how splash damage is handled and I see absolutely no reason to depart from that.
I've gotta teach you to fight a little more for your great ideas, Hahma! It's one thing if there's a clear majority not loving it, but I just don't see that here.
I agree with Life 5, and that he can be more powerful if you want him that way. But a shotgun shooting around corners is just wrong, thematically. It's not an explosion, it's basically a bunch of small bullets. Allowing this is no different than allowing a handgun to shoot figures that are not in LOS. I know the official shotgun power allows it, but that makes no sense to me. I guess the idea was that the shot spreads out, which is true, but it would also allow you to shoot around corners, which is odd.
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:19 PM

I think it really requires awkward language to require LOS on figures adjacent to the originally targeted figure and it doesn't follow a very clear official precedent. There are lots of things in the official precedent that aren't necessarily thematically perfect, but I don't think all of those are things I'd rush to change.
I think people would look down on a Punisher who's shotgun was less effective than James Murphy's.

Old May 12th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

The Official way of handling the Shotgun is what it is. If we want to do a different shotgun we can obviously, but I have personally never had a problem with, or played with anyone who had a problem with the rare times when a figure that is not within clear sight is affected. I think this is one that you are very likely to loose GO, considering how long the official Shotgun has been around, and how many people love it.
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:32 PM

It wasn't my idea, several other people brought it up before me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library