Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Who do you think gives you the least bang for your buck (or points)?
Dund 52 15.20%
DW7k 38 11.11%
Gorillinators 25 7.31%
Khosumet 74 21.64%
Obsidian Guards 60 17.54%
Spartacus 40 11.70%
Taelord 23 6.73%
Zettian Guards 30 8.77%
Voters: 342. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 30th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Zim-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
I actually like DW7K, but you guys have made a great argument why he's about as useful as an ashtray in a California restaurant.
I take it no smokeing on Cali?
Heh. San Diego even banned smoking in parks and beaches. I gotta agree - the beaches are not enormous ashtrays, people!
Old August 30th, 2006, 07:52 PM

Khanbob42 has disabled reputation
I'd have to say Dund, with the obsidian gaurds being a close second.

I don't think i've ever seen dund played but at least the obisidium gaurds could maybe be used in a scenario with lava.
Old August 30th, 2006, 08:29 PM

-Zim- has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Zim-
Quote:
I actually like DW7K, but you guys have made a great argument why he's about as useful as an ashtray in a California restaurant.
I take it no smokeing on Cali?
Heh. San Diego even banned smoking in parks and beaches. I gotta agree - the beaches are not enormous ashtrays, people!
Wow, that's kind of crazy. But it is looking out for people, and helping the enviroment.

Old August 30th, 2006, 08:37 PM

Startoker has disabled reputation
What about venoc vipers

Venoc Vipers should be on this list for sure. I'll take OG over Gorillanators any day on a map with some HLD (Hot Lava Death) capabilities.
Old August 30th, 2006, 08:40 PM

-Zim- has disabled reputation
Re: What about venoc vipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startoker
Venoc Vipers should be on this list for sure. I'll take OG over Gorillanators any day on a map with some HLD (Hot Lava Death) capabilities.
Are you kidding me?

The Venoc Vipers are the shmit!

Old August 30th, 2006, 09:01 PM

fejkl Woo who?
Totally Dund.

First off, you have to be too close to anyone AT THE START OF your turn to Paralyze them. 5 Defense is fine and all, but you MUST get initiative, and then you MUST roll the 15 or higher. His attack stinks, and his 4 Life makes him die somewhat quickly from ranged attacks.

Blech. Dund.
Old August 30th, 2006, 09:05 PM

Startoker has disabled reputation
Venoc Vipers

Defense of zero makes them nothing more than meat sheilds. Frenzy & slither don't add much to their attack of three. Without some kind of enhancement I find them pretty worthless.
Old August 30th, 2006, 09:32 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Venoc Vipers

Quote:
Defense of zero makes them nothing more than meat sheilds. Frenzy & slither don't add much to their attack of three. Without some kind of enhancement I find them pretty worthless.
Really? Use a couple of squads and pair them with the Venoc Warlord. That gives them a better Frenzy chance and 9 movement. Those suckers fly across the map. They get height advantage a lot because of their superior movement, which lets them attack with 4. I've decimated armies with these guys. I'm a big Viper fan. Yea, granted. They die real quick, but I've always seen them as a first assault type of squad. It's either go all out with them or nothing. Just my
Old August 30th, 2006, 09:34 PM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Venoc Vipers

Quote:
Your defintion of meat shield is quite different than mine... I consider Krug or Brunak a meat shield... but the Vipers? No... they are shock troops. They are meant to rip apart the army as much as they can, at 40 points for a squad, they are pretty expendable.

Glory to the Many.
Old August 30th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Where is Sir Hawthorne I have played him about 9 times and he always seems to stab me in the back to early in the game or at the wrong time....... It's funny though when it happens

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 30th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Startoker, great name, you should try the snakes again, send them out first, as stated above, choose 3 squads of them, take mittens, and if you roll a few frenzy's you will understand how amazing they are. I have rolled 3 & 4 frenzies on the first turn and basically won teh game right there.

Nothing is funnier then the frenzy ( IMO )

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old August 30th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
Startoker, great name, you should try the snakes again, send them out first, as stated above, choose 3 squads of them, take mittens, and if you roll a few frenzy's you will understand how amazing they are. I have rolled 3 & 4 frenzies on the first turn and basically won teh game right there.

Nothing is funnier then the frenzy ( IMO )

Quote:
You'd be surprised how long they can stay in the game too. Get enough of them out there to do some damage or hold a glyph until your army advances even just a little forward. Your opponent can waste attacks on the snakes or take on the approaching enemy. If he decides to go for the rest of your army, you still have your Venocs to activate if need be. They can tie up an opponent for all of a turn, but that can make all the difference. Three snakes for 40 points is a steal and get those multiple frenzies and you'll have the time of your life! With the long movement (9 with the V. Warlord!) you are almost assured the high ground in melee combat for a whopping 4 attack dice!

Defnitely try them again and in multiples. There's a reason why their 0 defense - they can be extremely potent! That's their weakness.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units