Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old September 14th, 2023, 04:47 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Predator Elder - FA

As much as I don't want to run this one back to design, I think I'll have to for the sake of Predator teams future in 2.0.
Both the Predator 2 and AvP film have the regular pred or youngbloods lead the hunt while the Elder shows up at the end.

If we're busting this design back open, Begin the Hunt could be more of a mass Hunter movement over a bonding ability (this could include the Elder to prevent SZ sitting). Worthy Prey could be any turn the Prey is wounded and not dead yet, not just when the Elder wounds it so the vibe is more all the Preds ultimately are after the big life target.
Old September 14th, 2023, 04:57 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Those all sound like good changes to me.
Old September 14th, 2023, 05:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Could be as easy as this...

BEGIN THE HUNT
During setup, choose an opponent's Unique or Event Hero. That figure is considered Predator Elder's Prey. Instead of Predator Elder’s ordered activation, you may activate 2 Unique Hunter figure on your team.

WORTHY PREY
After Predator Elder’s activation, if Predator Elder’s Prey received 1+ wounds during that activation and was not defeated, you may activate a Yautja that has not been activated this turn, then your turn ends.

Lets you move out two uncommon Preds at a time and then in the big battle if Elder is one of those two Hunters for that chance to get the triple turn.

Don't force him to be one of the first two...but if he is you have that chance at a triple.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 14th, 2023, 05:13 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Something like this possibly on the first ability?
Quote:
BEGIN THE HUNT
During setup, choose an opponent's Unique or Event Hero. That figure is considered the Yautja's Prey. At the start of the first round, you may move all allied Yautja, as long that move ends closer to the Yautja's Prey.
And this small change on the second part.
Quote:
WORTHY PREY
After Predator Elder’s activation, if the Yautja's Prey received 1+ wounds this turn and was not defeated, you may activate a Hunter that has not been activated this turn, then your turn ends.
Even if we don't change up the design, changing to "this turn" is the most neccessary to balance the design as is after cutting the after Prey death activation, since it means the Elder doesn't have to be the one to wound it. That would be better for evening it out and making things more consistent I think.

Also I thought Yautja's Prey might make more sense, since all the predators are going after it, but I don't know the wording rules there.

Edit: I love japes suggestion on the first power there
Old September 14th, 2023, 05:21 PM

I'll edit to that version of Begin The Hunt, I was thinking of adding "this turn" still so if you wounded with an uncommon you could still get the third turn, but this works better since it allows the team to be more operable, but still has incentive for the Elder not to be too much of a SZ sitter.
Old September 14th, 2023, 05:30 PM

Okay it's in the OP, I added "up to" cause I figured I should

Quote:
BEGIN THE HUNT
During setup, choose an opponent's Unique or Event Hero. That figure is considered Predator Elder's Prey. Instead of Predator Elder’s ordered activation, you may activate up to 2 Unique Hunters on your team.
I'll run two more games against FF and the Aliens.
Old September 14th, 2023, 06:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
I'll edit to that version of Begin The Hunt, I was thinking of adding "this turn" still so if you wounded with an uncommon you could still get the third turn, but this works better since it allows the team to be more operable, but still has incentive for the Elder not to be too much of a SZ sitter.
Yeah I debated that as well but figured leaving it like this lets you incentivize moving Elder up without forcing you to HAVE to move up.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 14th, 2023, 09:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

These update ideas sound good to me, just want to make sure I am fully understanding the intent and the text matches that intent.

If I understand the intent correctly, the beginning of Worthy Prey needs to be worded a bit differently. The Predator Elder isn't being activated when you use Begin the Hunt, since it says 'instead of' there. So I'd just reference that ability.

BEGIN THE HUNT
During setup, choose an opponent's Unique or Event Hero. That figure is considered Predator Elder's Prey. Instead of Predator Elder’s ordered activation, you may activate up to 2 Unique Hunters on your team.

WORTHY PREY
After using Begin the Hunt, if Predator Elder’s Prey received 1+ wounds during that activation and was not defeated, you may activate a Yautja that has not been activated this turn, then your turn ends.
Old September 15th, 2023, 09:48 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
These update ideas sound good to me, just want to make sure I am fully understanding the intent and the text matches that intent.

If I understand the intent correctly, the beginning of Worthy Prey needs to be worded a bit differently. The Predator Elder isn't being activated when you use Begin the Hunt, since it says 'instead of' there. So I'd just reference that ability.

BEGIN THE HUNT

WORTHY PREY
After using Begin the Hunt, if Predator Elder’s Prey received 1+ wounds during that activation and was not defeated, you may activate a Yautja that has not been activated this turn, then your turn ends.
actually the opposite. Only want the extra Youtja activation if the ELDER specfically wounded the Prey.

It incentivizes not just letting the Elder sit in the SZ ordering around the others.

SO you can use the power to activate two uncommon ones and have the Elder stay back early until everyone gets set up...but then you'd want to also have him somewhere near the action so that if he does manage to get a wound on the Prey you can possibly get 3 Predator activations. (One uncommon and the Elder using the Begin the Hunt power, and if Elder wounds Prey, the third Uncommon one could activate)

And Yes, Predator Elder can be activated using During the Hunt as he is a Hunter on your team. It intentionally doesn't say "allied Hunter"

It's basically short hand for not having to write out..."and Predator ELder can be one of those Hunters activated" like we had to do in 1.0

Old September 15th, 2023, 01:16 PM

Yes japes summarised my understanding of the intent in the above, it's a nice change and small overall that allows better utility, without an overhaul in redesign.
Old September 15th, 2023, 02:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I completely misread that intent then. I thought the issue you were trying to fix was he was running out in the front and getting killed too quickly, because his activation was key to the bonding. If he has to be the one to wound a figure for the 3rd turn, then he's going to still be on the front lines trying to trigger that. My thought was he could bond with the uncommon Predators first, then if they dealt a wound then he could come up for the 3rd activation and either try to finish the hunt, or at least keep pace with the others. That would allow him to hang back a little bit more, while also able to move up and keep close to the pack.
Old September 15th, 2023, 03:02 PM
A Man of Taste

It's mostly just lets you get two activations per turn consistently without him getting killed off to early. If you want to go for the three activations you have to be selective on when you do it since the goal isn't to get three activations a turn consistently. So it's all a gamble.

But at the right time could be well worth it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database