Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old April 5th, 2009, 09:45 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!
Guiding Light

It has come to my attention that Guiding Light, a long lasting soap opera on CBS, will end its run of 72 years on Sept. 18, 2009. This got me thinking about the Blue Oyster Cult song Don't Fear the Reaper. To quote the song: "seasons don't fear the reaper"
Do you think shows do when they reach their series finale and not a season finale?
Any thoughts?

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.

Last edited by Richard; April 5th, 2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old April 5th, 2009, 09:59 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Re: Guiding Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
It has come to my attention that Guiding Light, a long lasting soap opera on CBS, will end its run of 72 years on Sept. 18, 2009. This got me thinking about the Blue Oyster Cult song Don't Fear the Reaper. To quote the song: "seasons don't fear the reaper"
I think maybe shows do when they reach their series finale and not a season finale.
Any thoughts?
I don't know Richard, that's a tough one.
I do know that I didn't get out of bed for two weeks when they took "Another World" off the air though.

Oh how I miss the Corry family.

Old April 6th, 2009, 12:12 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
Re: Guiding Light

GL was on the way down for some time. In recent months, they starting filming outdoors with a hand-cam to cut costs. Lots of unflattering shots of people's nostrils ensued, and bad sound.

All things must come to an end.

I watched it back in the 80s, until I switched to G.I. Joe and Galaxy Rangers.

My mother and sister are kinda distraught, but it's for the best, really. Brains can't handle that much numbing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV