Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 19th, 2019, 02:50 AM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart
Re: Help With Wurdz

I'm still learning this website, haven't used it much since I made it.
Old March 19th, 2019, 03:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sorry for the delay. It went through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugMisting View Post
I don't know if my post went through but I'll post again just in case. I would like your help for this card's text please. Is it formal?

https://i.imgur.com/wc6bedh.jpg
Fayde "Father of the Blade"
Ability: Phantom Slash - When Fade attacks, add 1 hit to whatever is rolled. Additionally, after figures roll defense dice against Fayde's attacks, Fayde may use any unused move this turn.

Ability: Instant Fade - Whenever Fayde is normally attacked or affected by a special power, before rolling defense, Fayde may use Instant Fade , ignoring all wounds and effects and instead may move up to 4 spaces. Fade can Instant Fade only if he ends his fade move not adjacent to an enemy figure. Fayde may use this power only twice per game.

Ability: Phantom Walk - Fayde can pass over all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.
Quote:
Phantom Slash - When Fade attacks, add 1 hit to whatever is rolled. Additionally, after figures roll defense dice against Fayde's attacks, Fayde may use any unused move this turn.
Hmm. I think you mean add one skull, right? Not some kind of auto "hit"?
Phantom Slash
When rolling attack dice, Fayde always adds 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. After attacking, Fayde may continue moving, up to his maximum permissible Movement.
That's a tweaked version of the Warforged's Warforged Resolve. As for the "continue moving" piece, I just sort of made it up. With good reason, there's no official power that works quite that way. It messes with the basic structure of a turn. But for home games, it's a fun thing and why not.

Quote:
Instant Fade - Whenever Fayde is normally attacked or affected by a special power, before rolling defense, Fayde may use Instant Fade , ignoring all wounds and effects and instead may move up to 4 spaces. Fade can Instant Fade only if he ends his fade move not adjacent to an enemy figure. Fayde may use this power only twice per game.
This is a powerful defensive ability. I encourage you to narrow it slightly, so as to protect Fayde from special powers that cause *wounds*. Leaving it more broad than that could lead to weirdness. But as long as you do it that way, we can borrow from the Microcorps Agents:
When Fayde receives one or more wounds, you may instead remove one Fade marker from this card and ignore all wounds and move Fayde up to 4 spaces. Fayde can only Fade if he ends his placement not adjacent to any enemy figures.
I don't know if you have a special reason to name this custom "Fayde," but it's kind of awkward to write this power with the hero and the power being homonyms.

What do you think, Thug?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 20th, 2019, 01:30 AM

I had thought to write it as "hit and not as "skull" because of Migol's Deadly Strike ability saying "each skull rolled counts as one additional [hit]," but I hadn't been sure, thanks for clearing that up.

I agree that it's better to reduce weirdness and limit Fade to wound-causing attacks and powers.

I just thought it was a theme-ish name for a ninja. Also, [F]ather of the Bl[ade] kind of thing. hehe I guess I'll change the name though so it isn't awkward.
Old March 20th, 2019, 02:11 AM

This is one I've been trying to get right for a long time. (It wasn't on my list that I posted on that one thread I started) Please let me know if there are changes I must make.

https://i.imgur.com/6Jn8Lp3.jpg
Ability: Mark: Hornet’s Crest - The first time any figure receives any number of wounds from Soi Fon, it's army card (all for multiple of the same common army cards) is marked by Hornet's Crest. Place Hornet's Crest markers (or use numbered dice) equal to the number of skulls rolled by Soi Fon that attack, on the defending figure's army card, to indicate the mark. Whenever Soi Fon attacks a figure and rolls the same number of skulls as Hornet's Crest markers on the defending figure's army card, it may not roll defense dice.

Ability: Phantom Walk - Soi can pass over all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

I just noticed maybe I should write "the first time any figure receives any number of wounds from Soi Fon['s attacks."] Through I don't see how else she would inflict wounds. But maybe it needs to be there anyways.

Again, thanks for your help and time.
Old March 20th, 2019, 09:20 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Mechanically, do you need to roll the exact number of skulls to trigger the Mark’s defense killing effect? Or only the number and any extra skulls are just a bonus?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 20th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Looks like it's supposed to match exactly. It's an interesting way to use the dice, and I'm a fan of using existing bits in new & different ways. But I'll wait for the answer before I dig in here.

= =
Old May 24th, 2019, 05:06 PM

Iron Clubber is surprisingly tart

Hi guys, hoping for some help with wording my Athanasiois' "Fire Manipulation" Special Power, trying to keep it in line with classic 'Scape.

Thanks!

dice
Old May 24th, 2019, 05:56 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Your wording is fairly clear, it just needs a few small changes to be in line with classic wording. Official 'scape uses "choose" instead of "select" and "chosen figure" instead of "target figure." Additionally, most classic cards will shorten longer unit names in power text, so you can simply refer to Athanasiois instead of Athanasiois the Fire Elementalist within the power wording. Also, clear sight does not have to be capitalized.

Normally, having clear sight on spaces themselves doesn't actually work within the rules, but since you are either placing a figure on the space you choose or targeting a figure on that space with an ability it works out fine. You might consider going with a wording of:

"You may choose a Fire Elemental within 7 clear sight spaces of Athanasiois, then choose another space or figure within 7 clear sight spaces of Athanasiois. If you chose a space, place the Fire Elemental on that space. If you chose a figure, that figure receives two wounds and if it is destroyed, you must immediately place the fire elemental a space that figure occupied. If the chosen figure is not destroyed, destroy the fire elemental."

Sandwich that between the timing conditions at the beginning and the immunities at the end and see if you like it any better.
Old May 24th, 2019, 09:06 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Hi, Iron Clubber!

AYP knows what he's talking about and offered some good feedback. I find it impossible to do this kind of editing without the text of the power available for me to copy and paste, so (if you want me to play with it also) could you please post the text of the powers, instead of a graphic? I know I could just retype it, but it's a lot and I wouldn't want to mess it up accidentally.

Thanks again for sharing!

= =
Old May 25th, 2019, 11:32 PM

Iron Clubber is surprisingly tart

Quote:
"You may choose a Fire Elemental within 7 clear sight spaces of Athanasiois, then choose another space or figure within 7 clear sight spaces of Athanasiois. If you chose a space, place the Fire Elemental on that space. If you chose a figure, that figure receives two wounds and if it is destroyed, you must immediately place the fire elemental a space that figure occupied. If the chosen figure is not destroyed, destroy the fire elemental."
Thanks for the quick responses, so the you must immediately is to clarify priority over say a zombie rising, or is it just proper terminology for placing figures moved by a special power?

Quote:
I find it impossible to do this kind of editing without the text of the power available for me to copy and paste, so (if you want me to play with it also) could you please post the text of the powers, instead of a graphic?
Yes sir, no problem, thanks for taking the time to look at this;

FIRE MANIPULATION

Instead of attacking with Athansiois The Fire Elementalist, you may select a Fire Elemental within 7 Clear Spaces of Athansiois The Fire Elementalist and place it on another space within 7 clear spaces of Athansiois The Fire Elementalist. If a figure occupies the targeted space, that figure receives two wounds. If the target figure is destroyed, place the Fire Elemental on that space. If the target figure is not destroyed, destroy the Fire Elemental. Fire Manipulation may not inflict wounds on constructs or figures with the Lava Resistant Special Power.

SUMMON FIRE ELEMENTAL

After moving and before attacking with Athansiois The Fire Elementalist, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, you may, if possible, place one of your previously destroyed Fire Elementals on an empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Athansiois The Fire Elementalist.
Old May 26th, 2019, 02:54 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The “immediately” wording in this case is used for any power that replaces a destroyed figure with another figure, including Zombies Rise Again and Pounce from the Wolves of Badru. You’re correct in that it’s done to give precedence over other powers that might trigger upon a figure being destroyed, although the Zombies act on the same priority. In the instance of Zombies, for example, the “immediately” condition ensures that Zombies Rise Again triggers before reactionary powers like Scatter, preventing odd situations such as a new figure moving onto the destroyed figure’s space and stopping a Zombie from coming back.

In the case of your power, I don’t know of any abilities that it could trigger to cause a situation like that, but it’s better to be safe then sorry. Think of the “immediately” as a condition that ensures that Fire Manipulation fully resolves before any other special powers can be used, no matter what. That way, it’s clear that once you’ve started using your power, you must finish using it before your opponent can trigger any powers of their own.
Old May 28th, 2019, 11:57 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I've made a few edits to tighten it up:
FIRE MANIPULATION

Instead of attacking with Athansiois The Fire Elementalist, you may select a Fire Elemental within 7 clear sight spaces of Athansiois and place it on another space within 7 clear sight spaces of Athansiois. If a figure occupies the targeted space, that figure receives two wounds. If the target figure is destroyed, place the Fire Elemental on that space. If the target figure is not destroyed, destroy the Fire Elemental. Fire Manipulation may not inflict wounds on constructs or figures with the Lava Resistant Special Power.

SUMMON FIRE ELEMENTAL

After moving and before attacking with Athanosis, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, you may, if possible, place one of your previously destroyed Fire Elementals on an empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Athansiois.
Fire Manipulation is a very tricky power. I don't know whether it would stand up to heavy rules-lawyery analysis. I do note that you avoid some problems by saying that Fire Manipulation may not inflict wounds on Lava Resistant fire elementals, but the auto-destroy piece of Fire Manipulation would still apply. So if you tried to place a fire elemental on top of an immune creature, no *wounds* would be placed, but the placed fire elemental would still be destroyed. Interesting.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards