Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Notices

Old February 28th, 2016, 05:07 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hasbro announces 'Shadows Over Innistrad' for 'Arena of

I remain stunned that Hasbro releases things like this that appear to never have been proofread.
Old February 28th, 2016, 07:50 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Interesting that it's going to be in the Fall, though, as the Magic set comes out in April and they'll already be onto a new setting by September.
Each release is teamed with one of the sets in current MTG 'block'. That's why we got the Eldrazi and the two particular planeswalkers in the expansion; they feature heavily in the story of the current "Gatewatch" storyline.

Non-coincidentally, MTG's next block is going to be set in Innistrad.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old February 28th, 2016, 09:22 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?

Where is the official hasbro announcement for this??
Old February 29th, 2016, 10:49 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have yet to see an official announcement about this. I thought I read somewhere that this was a leaked image. I will have to dig and see if I can find where I read that.
Old February 29th, 2016, 02:54 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
I have yet to see an official announcement about this. I thought I read somewhere that this was a leaked image. I will have to dig and see if I can find where I read that.

Tom Vasel brings it up in the board game news segment of Board Game Breakfast today (~3:27). I believe this image was emailed out via Hasbro press
Old February 29th, 2016, 03:02 PM

GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Mark Rosewater has said the game is performing very well (and he's usually pretty candid about sales, particularly with supplementary Magic products), so I'm not worried about the game's future in the least.

This is good news. Can you direct us to the source for Mark's comments? Thanks!
Old February 29th, 2016, 03:47 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sarcasm doesn't suit Tom V.'s personality, but who can blame him for being disgusted with how long we have to wait!
Old February 29th, 2016, 03:52 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad74 View Post
Quote:
Mark Rosewater has said the game is performing very well (and he's usually pretty candid about sales, particularly with supplementary Magic products), so I'm not worried about the game's future in the least.

This is good news. Can you direct us to the source for Mark's comments? Thanks!
They're on his blog, Blogatog, which is here.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old February 29th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Random musing: It occurs to me that this is the first Magic game where a Planeswalker can actually walk across a plain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old February 29th, 2016, 05:22 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Random musing: It occurs to me that this is the first Magic game where a Planeswalker can actually walk across a plain.
False.

The 1997 M:TG PC game lets you roam Shandalar!

Old February 29th, 2016, 06:25 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Geez; look at all that TERRAIN!
Old February 29th, 2016, 08:32 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Sarcasm doesn't suit Tom V.'s personality, but who can blame him for being disgusted with how long we have to wait!
No, it doesn't suit him.

I get it, and completely agree that there should have been more content available for the game right out of the gate. In a perfect world at least.

But let's look at some FACTS:

The game was released july 1st last year early on amazon a full couple months ahead of general release. So we'll call that X-day.

They announced that they would have an expansion by the new year, and again, it was released early on amazon by a couple months ahead of genral release.

Now they have announced not only an expansion, but if rumors are to be beleived, it will be a standalone game that likely could replace what we know of as the core box with this due to common squads and dual colored planeswalkers, among other reasons.

If the trend they have set in releasing content for this game early on amazon is any indicator, then we shall see this next expansion on the shelves likely the same time this year as the game was released last year.

Which means the core and a large and small expansion within that time.

I wasn't involved in heroscape when it was released, but didn't it take them a bit to dedicate resources to expanding it too? RotV september/2004? First expansion january 2005? First terrain expansion september/2005? Looks pretty similar to what we are seeing now.

Either way, we all want and need more content, especially for a game we could enjoy as a "lifestyle game". But in reality, they arent doing too bad in the grand scheme of things.

And Vasel's flippant "I'm quickly losing interest fast" is bull pucky. He'll be lining up in the que for it upon release like the rest of us, because he's a fan. So his snark helps nothing and makes him appear pontificating, at best. Because, you know, that's how you look cool on teh intarnetz.

I too, "want what I want right meow!", but we just have to put on some daddy pants and mature the hell up and be patient. Its coming. And hopefully much more beyond that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News