Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old February 20th, 2012, 07:22 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart
New Drow Customs. Feedback needed.

Hello fellow scapers. I am reaching out to the community for assistance with a couple of drow units I have come up with. I feel that these would make great editions to our already awesome customs that we have available. I plan on submitting these units to SoV when they are finished.

(I have created these units in spirit of the NorCal ADAT tourny coming up in April. I wish I could get these SoV approved by the time the tournament starts, but I really don't think it's possible. I would have to spend at least a month doing heavy tweaking/playtesting for me to even consider submitting them to SoV. Also, here's the link for the tourny.)

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=39381

So, here they are.

Name: Maytana
GEN: Utgar
Planet: Toril

Race: Drow
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Matron
Personality: Ruthless
Size: MED 5

Life: 5
Move: 6
Range: 5
ATK: 4
DEF: 3
PTS: 150

Lolth's Blessing

Before taking a turn with Maytana, you may first take a turn with any Drow Squad or Common Drow Hero you control.

Matron Blast Special Attack

Range: 5
Attack: 3

Choose a figure to attack. If at least one wound is inflicted, the attacked figure rolls one less attack dice for all attacks for the remainder of the round, and may not target Maytana with with any ranged attack.

Darkfire

After moving and before attacking, choose a small, medium or large figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Maytana. Roll a d20. On a roll of 15 or higher, target becomes surrounded in Darkfire for the remainder of the round. When effected by Darkfire, Drow attacking this figure add 1 additional skull to whatever is rolled. Maytana may not use Matron's Blast to attack figures that are surrounded by Darkfire.

Name: Drow Sharpshooters
GEN: Utgar
Planet: Toril

Race: Drow
Type: Common Squad (3 figs per squad)
Class: Archer
Personality: Precise
Size: MED 5

Life: 1
Move: 6
Range: 6
ATK: 3
DEF: 3
PTS: 60

Shadow Sniper

If you attack with a Drow Sharpshooter from a shadow space, you may add 1 dice to your attack roll.

Hide In Darkness

If a Drow Sharpshooter is attacked with a normal attack, and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll a d20. If that Drow Sharpshooter is on a dungeon space, add 3 to your roll. If it is on a shadow space, add 6 to your roll. If you roll 1-15, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 16 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack.

Thanks in advance for the feedback folks. Looking forward to your input and opinions.

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown

Last edited by onibaku06; November 10th, 2012 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Fixed a minor typo.
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New Drow Customs. Feedback needed.

I would change the wording for Shadow Sniper to: "If Darkfire is on a shadow tile while making an attack...."

Just makes it seem more official IMO. Other than that, they seem very good!

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:56 AM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

What figures are you planning to use?
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
I would change the wording for Shadow Sniper to: "If Darkfire is on a shadow tile while making an attack...."

Just makes it seem more official IMO. Other than that, they seem very good!
I'm not quite sure what your suggestion is for the shadow snipers? Darkfire is Maytan's special ability. Lol, maybe it's because I'm so tired.

Kaemon, I will be posting min's soon. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:53 AM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

I think what I wrote makes it more official. Your confusion may be that I only wrote the first half of the ability, I thought the second half was fine the way it was, and lets just say you're not the only tired one here.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:17 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

Maytana is nice figure, I think her points are low though. If you notice most Heros that bond with common figures are expense. I would have to say she will need to bumped up to 190-200.
Old October 7th, 2012, 02:36 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeman1968 View Post
Maytana is nice figure, I think her points are low though. If you notice most Heros that bond with common figures are expense. I would have to say she will need to bumped up to 190-200.
I don't think she would need to be that high, but I think 170 is a good place to start playtesting. She has a lot of things going on, but I like her and the way her powers work (and don't work) together.

I don't really care for the Sharpshooters.
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:11 AM

Finally, I can come back to this.

Thank you all for the feedback on the customs. It is much appreciated. I'm still looking for mini's to use for these, but can't seem to find any. If any one has any suggestions, please let me know.

I hope to start playtesting soon. Anyone is also free to take a stab at testing/improvement ideas as well.

-Unknown
Old November 10th, 2012, 04:28 AM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker

Check out the D&D minis. They make a demonbinder that might work for the hero as well as some cool driders.

They make a drow archer as well. Drow Archer #60 Harbinger D&D and I think another archer as well.

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beholderthedm View Post
Check out the D&D minis. They make a demonbinder that might work for the hero as well as some cool driders.

They make a drow archer as well. Drow Archer #60 Harbinger D&D and I think another archer as well.
I like that one. Sadly, I wouldn't want to have a squad of the exact same figure. Trying to find two more figures that won't require a repaint. There is an awesome elf archer in the D&D mini set, but painting is a bit of pain.

The quest continues...and the proxy playtesting as well

-Unknown

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs