Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 28th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Mastermind

The Book of Mastermind

C3G MARVEL WAVE 16
XTINCTION AGENDA

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutations and Monsters set.
Its model number and name are #052 / Mastermind.

Character Bio - “Nothing is known of Jason Wyngarde's life before joining the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, except that he was a carnival mentalist. With Mastermind's help, the Brotherhood was able to take over a South American country, with an illusion of thousands of soldiers. However the X-Men were able to free the country, as Professor X quickly realized Mastermind's illusions, helping the X-Men when they believed they were trapped by a wall of flame. As a member of the original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, he aided Magneto in repeated clashes with the X-Men [….]Mastermind's mutant powers are of illusion casting. He can psionically cause other people to see, hear, feel, smell, and/or taste things that do not actually exist. He can also cause people to sense things in ways that they would not naturally; for example, he can make himself look and sound like a different person, or look and feel like a wall, or even seem invisible” (Wikipedia.org 2012).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Mutants may be activated after Mastermind via his Mutant Mastermind special power. Current Mutants.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-First Reevaluation Version Playtests:

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:39 PM. Reason: png
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:41 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Mastermind - Design

NAME = MASTERMIND
SECRET IDENTITY = JASON WYNGARDE

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = MANIPULATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 95

MUTANT MASTERMIND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Mastermind, you may take a turn with any Unique Mutant Hero you control within 8 spaces of Mastermind.

PSYCHIC CAMOUFLAGE
Mastermind cannot be targeted for an attack or chosen for a special power by an opponent's non-adjacent figure unless that figure is a Telepath.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Zettian Juggernaut; November 10th, 2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old July 28th, 2012, 10:43 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Looks good to me. I don't know the character so I can't comment on theme but the mechanics look good & useful.
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Looks good Bats. I only have seen him when he tricked Jean Grey into becoming the Black Queen and made himself appear "dashing" and whatnot.

I like the Psychic Camouflage, that's cool and seems pretty thematic.

Mutant Mastermind might be kind of hard to pull off considering his movement, but if he can tag along with Wolvie, it can protect Wolvie from ranged attacks and if he can tag along with Cyclops he can control a ranged attacker. But still, it can be a pain to make use of the power too often in a game. I guess that would keep his cost down.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 29th, 2012, 12:53 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Simple and effective, I like it. I don't remember too much of him from the Phoenix Saga, been a while since I read that. Might be cool if he had a chance to control opponents' mutants, too, but probably would be harder to balance and unnecessary. Mid hundreds for a point cost?
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Simple and effective, I like it. I don't remember too much of him from the Phoenix Saga, been a while since I read that. Might be cool if he had a chance to control opponents' mutants, too, but probably would be harder to balance and unnecessary. Mid hundreds for a point cost?
Yeah, I thought about mind control, but I didn't think it was a thematic necessity, and I really think we have so many mind controllers already that I don't want to muddy the waters.

I'm thinking low 100s. He's probably not too different than a Shadowcat in terms of value, and she's at 80. Depends on how easy the other Outcasts make it for him to pull off his bonding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Mutant Mastermind might be kind of hard to pull off considering his movement, but if he can tag along with Wolvie, it can protect Wolvie from ranged attacks and if he can tag along with Cyclops he can control a ranged attacker. But still, it can be a pain to make use of the power too often in a game. I guess that would keep his cost down.
Well the plus side is that he's going to want to be around his allies anyway to pull off the Cammo, and I'm hoping Outcast synergies like with Avalanche's special attack and Magneto's throws will help him stay near his allies and provide them some degree of Order Marker flexibility. If it proves too tough in playtesting, I might lighten the restrictions some.

Old July 31st, 2012, 09:05 AM

SP updated with a projected cost. Sending out to ERB.

Old July 31st, 2012, 11:36 AM

Thank you, sir! Comma dropping!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Mastermind

Another Outcast! Let's check him out...

Mutant Mastermind
I think you could drop the comma after "Mastermind's card."

Question: If you were to design customs for Ian Fleming's figures, would 007 have bonding? James Bonding?

Psychic Camouflage

Nice defense. Jean Grey could still strike, but that's because she's awesome.

Final Thoughts

Mastermind is sort of an Outcast version of Professor X in a way, which is really nice. No issues, and fun addition to the Outcasts.

Old July 31st, 2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
First of two coming your way! This guy is one of the founding members of the Brotherhood of Mutants and a Telepathic former member of the Hellfire Club partially responsible for manipulating Dark Phoenix when she was in Jean Grey form.

As always, your thoughts and comments are much appreciated!

Cheers,
Bats

NAME = MASTERMIND

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTCAST
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 120?

MUTANT MASTERMIND
Mastermind is also considered to have the class of Telepath. After revealing an Order Marker on Mastermind's card, and taking a turn with Mastermind, you may take a turn with any Unique Mutant Hero you control adjacent to Mastermind.

PSYCHIC CAMOUFLAGE
Mastermind and any figures you control adjacent to Mastermind cannot be targeted for an attack from a non-adjacent figure unless the attacking figure is a Telepath.
Only comment I have on this one is: since he is a Telepathic Mastermind, why does he have to be adjacent to the Mutant he is taking a turn with after his turn? Better theme to allow some non-LOS distance between the two.

I like Psychic Camo very much.
Yeah, I was thinking about adding more tactical flexibility there, without letting him become too much like Prof X or Hush, so I think I'm going to open it up to 3 spaces. Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
Bats

Old July 31st, 2012, 12:19 PM

Yeah, I was unsure about adding Telepath as a second class that way ... it's a tough one, though, because he's very much a Telepath and should have those synergies, but he also was a founding member of the Brotherhood of Mutants (Outcast)! I'll see what the guys think.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
Bats

P.S. No Prof X issues - we've done a good job of consistently tying the majority of bonding to Order Markers being on a specific card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
Interesting unit. Another figure I don't know well, but I'll offer some thoughts, fwiw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
First of two coming your way! This guy is one of the founding members of the Brotherhood of Mutants and a Telepathic former member of the Hellfire Club partially responsible for manipulating Dark Phoenix when she was in Jean Grey form.

As always, your thoughts and comments are much appreciated!

Cheers,
Bats

NAME = MASTERMIND

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTCAST
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 2 [fairly weak--is really that weak--not even a decent psychic attack?]
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 120?

MUTANT MASTERMIND
Mastermind is also considered to have the class of Telepath.

[Hmm. I'll be honest, I don't like this kind of thing. Does he really need the "Outcast" label so bad that we need a power like this?

I just hate having basic stats getting "hidden" in power text.

If you do keep it, I suggest it say Telepath Mastermind or Mutant Telepath or something that uses the keyword Telepath in it's title. But, overall, and fwiw, I'm not a fan of this kind of power.]

After revealing an Order Marker on Mastermind's card, and taking a turn with Mastermind, you may take a turn with any Unique Mutant Hero you control adjacent to Mastermind.

[Now this I like. Very cool--and very powerful! Fortunately, he is fragile enough to not be able to abuse this too bad.

Will this make any chains that you don't like? Does Prof. X say "when revealing am OM" that kind of thing? I don't have all their wording down, but you have a few units that have bonding or other boosts amidst the Mutants. Anything problematic come to mind?

I know you play Mutants more than I do, so I trust you to know if this is too much.

I love the power!]

PSYCHIC CAMOUFLAGE
Mastermind and any figures you control adjacent to Mastermind cannot be targeted for an attack from a non-adjacent figure unless the attacking figure is a Telepath.

[Yeah. Another great power. Like it a lot.]
Thanks for sharing it. Very fun unit!

Old July 31st, 2012, 12:20 PM

OK, any thoughts on whether this guy should be an Outcast, should be a Telepath, or if we should stick with him being both the way we have it?

Old July 31st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I guess the only thing about having dual classes is that it seems like we're doing it more with newer designs when perhaps the same could have been done with some older designs as well to help them with expanded synergies. I guess I don't mind it so much in this case because of your reasons given above Bats, but I just don't think we should continue to make a habbit of it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library