Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old May 30th, 2020, 09:49 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Workbook of Ugluk

Reserved.
Old May 30th, 2020, 09:50 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Workbook of Ugluk

Reserved.
Old May 30th, 2020, 09:51 PM

The journey thus far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Yes this works for me. Lurtz can have some small boost to the squad but he's primarily a heavy hitter, while Ugluk is the actual squad leader with heavier synergy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
I think this is a good state for now with the scouts, and that Ugluk would be a good next step.

My 'thematic' thoughts on Ugluk:
- should be a d20 boost for orcs / uruks. He kept the Uruk & orc factions all moving together in semi-decent harmony for a while, better than most orc leaders did.
- should be some kind of a movement boost (ranged aura) for Uruks / orcs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
NAME = Ugluk

GENERAL = UTGAR
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Captain/Commander
PERSONALITY = Menacing/Merciless/Relentless (just other ideas than wild)
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5?

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ???

(Possible powers)

ISENGARDERS/URUKS OF THE WHITE HAND
When an Ugluk rolls an attack against a human figure add 1 additional attack die.

SARUMAN'S COMMAND
All Orcs and Uruk-Hai you control may move an additional space.

GET IN LINE
When an Orc or Uruk-Kai rolls a 20-sided die and they are within 4 clear sight spaces of Ugluk you may add 1 to that roll. After the roll has been made you may place a wound marker on Ugluk and reroll the 20-sided die for that power but you must keep the new result.

KEEP MOVING
At the end of the round you may choose up to 4 Orcs or Uruk-hai that you control within clear sight of Ugluk and move them each 1 space.

ORDERS OF THE WHITE HAND
After taking a turn with Ugluk you may reveal the X order marker on him and if you do then take a turn with any friendly Orc or Uruk-Hai squad.

‐-------------

Random ideas to get us started. I think Ugluk should be pretty tough. Orcs only respect strength so he needs to keep people in line. Feel free to discuss adjustments. I'm thinking we should try to stick with just 2 powers on our guy here.

I kinda like GET IN LINE but maybe it should have him destroy an adjacent friendly figure to "make an example" of someone to inspire his underlings to do better
Old June 8th, 2020, 01:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

General Simon Fraser's PREPARE THE CHARGE could be a good model, possibly as a larger aura.

Spoiler Alert!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 8th, 2020, 07:41 PM

Larger aura is very appealing, if it is flavored appropriately, with enough salt, I could see going that direction. Would we want it to be movement based, d20 or affect another stat entirely?
Old June 8th, 2020, 07:56 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Larger aura is very appealing, if it is flavored appropriately, with enough salt, I could see going that direction. Would we want it to be movement based, d20 or affect another stat entirely?
Definitely movement. Ugluk's whole accomplishment was keeping the uruks & orcs moving across Rohan at a great speed.
Old June 9th, 2020, 05:14 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Edit: scratch that I found the Urik Hi workbook, must have someone missed it on my first sweep.

Has there been any discussion on what the synergy will be between various Urik Hi squads and Urik hero's? If we're thinking strong synergies like bonding that's gonna color my suggestions on Ugluk.
Old June 9th, 2020, 09:22 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We've mostly discussed avoiding bonding with orcs & uruks and making the synergies stat boosts within auras. Trying to be different than orcs in classic scape.
Old June 9th, 2020, 10:39 AM

Yeah, any form of bonding has been shot down pretty heavily in favor of trying to create an emergent identity. It seems to be leaning towards hoard control (in the case of orcs) and for the case of Ugluk it looks like mobility may be a good thing to try, the increased aura looks favorable. I'd also like to showcase some form of brutal leadership if possible but if it doesn't fit then it doesn't fit.
Old June 9th, 2020, 04:52 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I was proposing that we quite literally take PREPARE THE CHARGE and change the wording (and therefore the name) to affect several spaces out.

--
--
--

--
Old June 9th, 2020, 07:37 PM

Rewording it so that they don't have to be adjacent to an opponent's figure or do we care about that bit?
Old June 9th, 2020, 08:51 PM

Yes, I would drop that restriction.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs