Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 5th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker
Are we sure we are getting new Heroscape in April?

Don't we usually have photos by now? I see wave names and all, but we had pix of Marvelscape last August and it still isn't out. I would feel alot better if they would give us some teaser pix.

-D

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
Since Sandra and some others have already been in contact with Hasbro, I am pretty sure that we are getting it.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:17 AM

JediNate Woo who?
Don't expect them to be on the shelves right away. Usually takes like a week for them to actually get put out.

Old March 5th, 2007, 11:19 AM

JediNate Woo who?
Maybe the reason for secrecy regarding the new units will be rewarding to the consumers. Do you know how many different things could be classified under fiends? My guess is they are actually that dragon killer cult of the feylund barbarians.

Old March 5th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNate
Maybe the reason for secrecy regarding the new units will be rewarding to the consumers. Do you know how many different things could be classified under fiends? My guess is they are actually that dragon killer cult of the feylund barbarians.
It's a missprint. The term is "Friends". My guess is that it is a squad of twentysomething sitcom characters that lounge around in your deployment zone trying to solve relationship issues and the miniatures actually look much older than a real twentysomething... Just a guess.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:29 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Are we sure we are getting new Heroscape in April?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMainMan
Don't we usually have photos by now? I see wave names and all, but we had pix of Marvelscape last August and it still isn't out. I would feel alot better if they would give us some teaser pix.

-D
Well we still have just under a month to go, (that is if they come out early april which i think is probably doubtful), and i think with previous waves we didn't get any info until a week or so before the release.
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
It's a missprint. The term is "Friends". My guess is that it is a squad of twentysomething sitcom characters that lounge around in your deployment zone trying to solve relationship issues and the miniatures actually look much older than a real twentysomething... Just a guess.
Sadly their "Have Coffee" Special Ability doesn't seem so special.
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:50 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:

-D
We've had Marvel pics since Comic-con, even before Gencon.

The key thing to remember is that Marvel clearly said it was coming out in January when we got those pics, and then it was announced by Craig that it would be delayed until early summer, which has turned into April instead of May...although May, in reality, is probably when it will actually get stocked heavily if past waves are any indication. The pics we got in August did not promise it was around the corner or anything, so we've really only gotten one fairly minor delay on this product...it just seems like it's been delayed forever simply because we've known about it for so long. A three month delay is nothing.

I predict that we'll see the remainder of this year's product fairly on schedule, give or take a month. Contrary to popular opinion, Hasbro has been pretty good about releasing product on time. Getting it to the store shelves is another matter though!
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:33 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
I predict that we'll see the remainder of this year's product fairly on schedule, give or take a month. Contrary to popular opinion, Hasbro has been pretty good about releasing product on time. Getting it to the store shelves is another matter though!
Yeah, considering wave 6 still isn't readily available, I don't know how long it will be before we'll be getting out hands on any quantity of wave 7.
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:15 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehlers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Yeah, considering wave 6 still isn't readily available, I don't know how long it will be before we'll be getting out hands on any quantity of wave 7.
True, but Wave Six was available in December (perfectly on time with it's predicted release) from on-line sources. I consider Wave Six to have been released on schedule, and blame Wal-Mart et al for the store stocking problem. Folks that want Wave Six could easily get mass quantities of it on-line if they wanted to pay a bit of a premium....those of us that waited for it to hit store shelves only did that to save some money.
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

-D
The biggest reasons we don't have pics:

1 ) They weren't at a Con/Fair/Show for addicts to take pics.

2 ) We still have several weeks before they appear.

I imagine this isn't the first time that pics haven't been out for a wave before it's release. When the time comes we will all be filling a Wave 7 thread with Yays and Hoorays when April rolls around and someone puts up pics,

Of course you never know, the HS team could just be sitting back having a blast reading us freak about not having pics,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:46 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt

I imagine this isn't the first time that pics haven't been out for a wave before it's release. When the time comes we will all be filling a Wave 7 thread with Yays and Hoorays when April rolls around and someone puts up pics,
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think our knowledge of future releases (our official knowledge at least, no leaks allowed) can be summed up thusly....I don't recall any info about the first Master Set, Waves 1 and 2, Wave 2.5, or Lava, so folks that do recall that please chime in.

NERAK: The official site posted his card a few weeks or so before his official release at Gencon 2005.

WAVE THREE: If I recall correctly, our first info of any sort other than the name "Jandar's Oath"came with our first look at these figures and our first look at their stat cards at Gencon 2005, about two months before their first store appearances. We may have known the names of the figures before that but I don't think so.

WAVE FOUR: An official site poll leaked the names in late 2005, and info was posted on the official site not long after that and snatched up by our diggers. Many of us were playing with proxies before year's end, if I recall. Product did not show up on store shelves until February or so. Packaging info had been discovered, along with the wave name, in early 2006.

WAVE 4.5: Photos were spotted in early 2006, and info was found on the official site a few weeks before their first release around April 2006. Snow rules were not seen until around the time the product started hitting shelves, if I recall....I think Dzu-tehs were kept under wraps as well.

SIR HAWTHORNE: Officially, nothing was seen of him until his release at Gencon 2006. A well kept secret.

WAVE FIVE: Toyfair 2006 showed us the infamous "shelf" picture and gave us the name of the wave, but we did not get another glimpse of these until they were seen packaged at Comic-con 2006. A contest earlier in the year gave us clues as to how they were going to be packaged and sold. Cards were not seen until Gencon 2006, which was also the time of their first release.

CASTLE: We got our first glimpse of this at Gencon 2005, then saw it again at various events throughout 2006. Rules were first spotted at Comic-con 2006, and better info on the set's name and packaging details had come out at Toyfair. The product was officially released around Gencon 2006.

FLAGBEARERS: We got our first glimpse of these, along with a lot of packaging and pricing info and some teasers of abilities, at Gencon 2006. Cards were not seen outside of playtesting gropus until October when they officially released.

WAVE SIX: We got our first glimpse of these at Gencon 2006. The name of the wave followed later in the fall, along with pacakging info. We did not get stats officially until someone was sent them as part of a contest. I think that was in November, and they officially released in December.

MARVEL: We got our first look at this set at Comic-con 2006. Little info was available until Toyfair 2007, when we saw the box and some cards. Official release is late spring early summer 2007, likely April.

WAVE SEVEN: We got our first fuzzy glimpse at these when Truth intervierwed Craig for the podcast and a picture was posted. We didn't get a name until February, but then got names for all the packs and Wave Eight at the same time. Official release should be late spring for Wave Seven, with 8-9 and a large expansion to follow later in the year.

SWARM OF THE MARRO: Craig's podcast was the first official leak about this product. Photos followed from Toyfair 2007. No rules or cards have been shown publically, and the set does not release until about fall 2007.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News