Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 16th, 2022, 12:10 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Thank you so much @Dad_Scaper @encarmine @Craig Van Ness @Scytale @skyknight @dok @superfrog @Xorlof

The designs for this new edition were incredible, and I am so thankful for all the effort you put into bringing HeroScape back. We are so appreciative for all the long hours and extra hours after full work days at your other jobs you all put in. Hoping something comes of the re-launch after all, but regardless I wanted to express my deepest gratitude to all of you
Old November 16th, 2022, 12:33 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Thank you so much @Dad_Scaper @encarmine @Craig Van Ness @Scytale @skyknight @dok @superfrog @Xorlof

The designs for this new edition were incredible, and I am so thankful for all the effort you put into bringing HeroScape back. We are so appreciative for all the long hours and extra hours after full work days at your other jobs you all put in. Hoping something comes of the re-launch after all, but regardless I wanted to express my deepest gratitude to all of you
Thanks, Knox. It was a real pleasure to work on them, and with this fine team.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 16th, 2022, 02:18 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
Nothing to report today I’m afraid.
Encarmine just popped into AH Dircord to assure that they were deep in discussion, but that there would not be an update from them today.
Well, nevermind. That's all folks. I for one am happy it happened, it reignited my love for this game and it's community. I'm happy to be back and completing my Classic/C3G/VC collections. I've still got years before I call any of those complete, so I've got plenty of 'scape coming my way, AoA or not, and I look forward to seeing y'all around the forums

https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/avalon...heroscape-fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Hill
To all the fans of HeroScape,

As of the deadline for the HeroScape: Age of Annihilation, Vanguard Edition HasLab project, we are short of the goal needed to start production on this wonderful game. No doubt you are disappointed in the results. We are too. The anticipation for this project among the Avalon Hill staff was great – we spent months preparing for the campaign, and once launched we worked hard to gain the support of every single backer who pledged.

And it didn’t go without notice that you did the same. So many of you worked hard to help spread the word of our campaign. You offered us your honest feedback, let us know where we may have missed the mark in some places and where we were succeeding. Your involvement in this project was incredible, and we feel lucky to have found such an amazing community of folks who all share the love of this unique and thrilling skirmish battle game. The passion we felt from you was truly an inspiration that kept pushing us to improve the campaign as best we could. So from the bottom of our hearts, thank you. Thank you so much for sharing that passion with us.

We also want to extend a huge thank you to the HeroScapers who came aboard to help us create this project. Your work on this game was absolutely unbelievable, and we know how hard it was for you to keep your involvement a secret in those early days! Sincerely, this wouldn’t have been the same without you and we appreciate everything you brought to the table.

So, with that being said, no doubt the big question on everyone’s mind is…

What’s next for HeroScape?

Our unfortunate answer is… nothing. As we said during the campaign if this project doesn’t meet its goal, we won’t be able to produce Age of Annihilation. That has not changed. HeroScape as a project will be shelved, and there are no current plans to attempt a resurrection at this time. The Avalon Hill team will refocus our efforts on the exciting games we currently have coming soon, such as the next HeroQuest Game System expansion, Mage of the Mirror, or the upcoming Yawning Portal D&D strategy board game.

What we did take away from this campaign was a great deal of learning. And for that, we have you to thank. We hope you remain as passionate, as devoted, and as vocal with all our future endeavors so that we create to the best of our abilities the games you love.
Old November 16th, 2022, 02:33 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very sad, but understandable. If there's no plans to resurrect I won't feel bad about proxying the drafts they released. And looking forward to the upcoming C3V releases. There is not nothing left for Heroscape! VC is a worthy carrier of the AoA torch
Old November 16th, 2022, 03:37 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@clancampbell – you win, for now.

Thank you to everybody who worked on this project. You put together a great offering!
Old November 16th, 2022, 03:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, as long as they were not ever actually sold as exclusives they are free to do something else with them. If they do try a re-launch, they might change their mind on what the exclusives will be.
This is Hasbro. You can't trust a word they say about what they will or won't reprint. They just reprinted a bunch of classic MTG cards they'd promised fans they'd never reprint.

File a lawsuit if you spent any money trying to acquire a MtG card they advertised as an exclusive, but then later made common, for false advertising. You'll win. Pain and anguish has got to be worth at least a cool million.
Old November 16th, 2022, 03:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, at this point I would hope everyone in the community can emotionally shut the door on an "official" comeback and accept that the direction and canon of the game is what the community decides to make of it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 16th, 2022, 04:09 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, at this point I would hope everyone in the community can emotionally shut the door on an "official" comeback and accept that the direction and canon of the game is what the community decides to make of it.
What he said!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 16th, 2022 at 04:09 PM. Reason: 'Scape hasn't disappeared...it just didn't go corporate!
Old November 16th, 2022, 04:16 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 16th, 2022, 04:43 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Well said, both of you. I definitely echo these sentiments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post

Quote:
Old November 16th, 2022, 04:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Probably time for a title change for this thread. Not sure what exactly.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 16th, 2022, 04:47 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Perhaps
Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is gone!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion