Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old November 7th, 2022, 09:03 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!
Wink This is how Avalon Hill Heroscape succeeds

Whatever went wrong with the first attempt at funding Age of Annihilation, it's behind us.

Here's why a second attempt makes sense:

1. First attempt was rocky.

2. We learned from the first attempt, and now have lots of good ideas from the community.

3. Crowdfunding is extremely low-risk. It would cost a tiny amount of time and money to find out if a revised strategy would work.

What ideas do you have to revise the strategy?
Old November 7th, 2022, 09:14 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!
Post Re: This is how Avalon Hill Heroscape succeeds

Some of the better ideas I've heard:

• There are maybe a thousand die-hard fans who'd be happy to spend much more than $250, if there were an incentive to do so. Generally the rule is "don't create a price cap" because some people are always willing to spend more. These fans would be more inclined to go further for an exclusive founder version, common squads in the set, or painted figures.
  • Lower-cost version would be more enticing to the many thousands of gamers out there who have nostalgia from playing HS 12 years ago, but aren't die-hard fans who'd commit $250. We know how many will buy the large-size set, but how many would buy the smaller size?
  • Rather than painted figures being optional, there's a middle ground where a lot of figures would resemble the Phantom Knights style.

Revised strategy, the best marketing material ready for launch, and a fair attempt with tried-and-true marketing could 2x-4x the pledges.

The alternative is throwing away a lot of good work.
Old November 7th, 2022, 09:40 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: This is how Avalon Hill Heroscape succeeds

I've said it before on the Facebook group but here goes:

Small base set for 100-125 buy in. A base set of figures and just the bare minimum of terrain to play the game. Basic dice and basic assessors to play.

Optional buys that don't have a limit per pledge:

-Different unique character expansion packs
- common squad/hero packs
- tile terrain basics add on pack
- jungle tree set add on pack
- new castle set add on pack
- dice and accessory pack
-all in pack

This kind of approach allows the consumer to get in at an affordable price, then add what suits them. If done this way, people would be buying what suits them in a way that they would not end up with wasted or uneeded items such as multiple uniques. They could easily make a smaller "master set" and make the other stuff into booster packs.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 7th, 2022, 11:12 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

100% agree with TREX...it's quite honestly a simple formula. It's been proven, it works. Just do it. 'nough said.

I just hope they understand that it was the failure of the campaign setup and not the interest/intent from the community. There's easily enough interest to get this thing launched...but you HAVE to setup the campaign and marketing to draw in the average/casual gamer...and this offering just did not do it.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 8th, 2022, 12:59 AM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm also in agreement with that
Old November 8th, 2022, 09:09 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
Whatever went wrong with the first attempt at funding Age of Annihilation, it's behind us.
There’s still 8 days left in the campaign. Chill.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old November 8th, 2022, 09:38 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
There’s still 8 days left in the campaign. Chill.
100% agree with Boromir. While I agree with all the feedback TRex gave, I think we should wait till the campaign is officially over before pitching AH on a new campaign.

My guess is that if it fails AH will want to do another campaign, but Hasbro might not be so keen
Old November 8th, 2022, 11:58 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
It's literally not even behind us yet

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 8th, 2022, 02:49 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I've said it before on the Facebook group but here goes:

Small base set for 100-125 buy in. A base set of figures and just the bare minimum of terrain to play the game. Basic dice and basic assessors to play.

Optional buys that don't have a limit per pledge:

-Different unique character expansion packs
- common squad/hero packs
- tile terrain basics add on pack
- jungle tree set add on pack
- new castle set add on pack
- dice and accessory pack
-all in pack

This kind of approach allows the consumer to get in at an affordable price, then add what suits them. If done this way, people would be buying what suits them in a way that they would not end up with wasted or uneeded items such as multiple uniques. They could easily make a smaller "master set" and make the other stuff into booster packs.
Yup this. Hasbro's total assets from 2021 are 5.26 BILLION dollars.

I'll say it again. 5.26 BILLION.

I understand that production costs aren't exactly what they were 20 years ago, duh, but Hasbro ABSOLUTELY could have done this differently and marketed it so much better. If this doesn't succeed, they have no one to blame but themselves IMO.

(Also I'd personally rather have painted mini's and little to no terrain vs unpainted and some new terrain but that's just me. *shoulder shrug*)

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old November 8th, 2022, 03:04 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Im 100% chill. No need to remind me that I need to be quiet. Dude asked a question, I threw in an answer that ive seen work time after time in a load of other crowdfunded games. With all due respect, no one here is being rude with this conversation. So. No harm, no foul. Any point I brought up will not harm the current campaign. If they wanted to expand it, and not let it fail, they could handle to take some keen points. They already have all the all in folks money, this would just add to it. I'm not bothered by any outcome either way. If their marketing team doesn't want to put in the work, that isn't on me.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 8th, 2022, 04:55 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Im 100% chill. No need to remind me that I need to be quiet. Dude asked a question, I threw in an answer that ive seen work time after time in a load of other crowdfunded games. With all due respect, no one here is being rude with this conversation. So. No harm, no foul. Any point I brought up will not harm the current campaign. If they wanted to expand it, and not let it fail, they could handle to take some keen points. They already have all the all in folks money, this would just add to it. I'm not bothered by any outcome either way. If their marketing team doesn't want to put in the work, that isn't on me.
Yeah, I think everyone was mostly replying to the thread's existence in the first place. Like I said, I agree with all your points. And I agree with this thread in general I just want to wait a week on it
Old November 8th, 2022, 09:37 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I don't think the "chill" was addressed to you. There will be plenty of time to discuss these topics (again) after the campaign is finished.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion