Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Notices

Old March 27th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G: Carnival of Carnage Map

For what it's worth, yea!

Old April 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

So... I built this map (sort of).

I built Ravaged Road before it but I thought it would be good if the road went somewhere so I thought I'd build this one as well. Now I don't have 2 Marvel sets so one of the warehouses ended up a castle door. I used D&D stalagmites and the 4base glacier instead of the big Evergreen (I like how it looks, like those fake concrete mountains that some theme parks use) and I used swamp trees instead of the other type. I had no concrete or bitumen left so I just used road tiles for everything.

I'll take a picture when I get a chance.

A couple of things...
  • The PDF is very hard to make out what is what. The difference between the swamp water and sand tiles is nearly indistinguishable. There really needs to be some sort of recolouring of tiles or something. It is very difficult (probably the most difficult map that I've ever made while following the instructions) to make.
  • I had to use a couple of extra ladder pieces to keep the tops on the high 'rides'. It just wasn't quite stable enough without them.
  • The are some repeated ladder numbers in the pdf on different levels.
  • It takes forever to make...
Looks like it will be fun to play on. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:09 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

SLaughter House of JokeR

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:48 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
  • The PDF is very hard to make out what is what. The difference between the swamp water and sand tiles is nearly indistinguishable. There really needs to be some sort of recolouring of tiles or something. It is very difficult (probably the most difficult map that I've ever made while following the instructions) to make.
  • I had to use a couple of extra ladder pieces to keep the tops on the high 'rides'. It just wasn't quite stable enough without them.
  • I am sure A3n can fix that color issue.
  • The high rides are not too bad though, you just have to be careful when shoving the bases of figures into the ladders, but that is sorta typical anyways with castle wall towers.
  • I couldn't find any ladder issues, so I am not sure what you mean. Some levels of the build structure are missing, but that is because it is just walls and ladders. The official maps do the same thing.
  • It does take a long time to make. That is because everyone wanted to keep adding stuff on it, and that means more terrain, which means more time spent building it.
You should have a lot of though like you are suggesting. I left it up for about a week and played some great Super matches on it with my daughters.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
  • I am sure A3n can fix that color issue.
  • The high rides are not too bad though, you just have to be careful when shoving the bases of figures into the ladders, but that is sorta typical anyways with castle wall towers.
  • I couldn't find any ladder issues, so I am not sure what you mean. Some levels of the build structure are missing, but that is because it is just walls and ladders. The official maps do the same thing.
  • It does take a long time to make. That is because everyone wanted to keep adding stuff on it, and that means more terrain, which means more time spent building it.
You should have a lot of though like you are suggesting. I left it up for about a week and played some great Super matches on it with my daughters.
  • I probably could, but I am not completely sure I want to as the colour is set by Virtualscape & there aren't any easy settings to change that (that I can see). I could photoshop it but then I would have to remember to change the colour each time the same set is used in every pdf to remain consistent. Also as we aren't including a legend with each one the only way anybody can be completely sure of what is what is to guess or know how VS does colours them & if I changed the colour then it wouldn't match that VS either. Let me know what you all think here.
  • This was my concern as well but I believed you when you said it was stable & ok.
  • Level 10 shouldn't be there (only has the 5 level ladder on it which is repeated on level 12) I will fix that shortly.
  • There are some maps that the beauty of HS makes it a curse also.
Cheers
Old April 3rd, 2010, 07:09 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

The Swamp Water Tiles are pretty clear to me.

The tops were stable enough for me. I never had them fall over or anything.
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:59 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This thread needs to be renamed as "The Book of ..." to keep with our current naming conventions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old May 31st, 2010, 04:20 PM

Re: The Book of Carnival of Carnage Map

Done.
Old January 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Played a fun game on this map with my son (10 years old). As mentioned, it did take a long time to build, but we invented a cool scenario:

The bad guys have robbed the bank and hidden the Loot in the rundown old carnival. In addition to the Loot, they have also hidden Smilex and a Time Bomb. The good guys must find the Loot and return it to their starting zone.

I played the bad guys: Agent Bob, Mystique, Angel, Toad, Cyclops, Prof X, Jean Grey and 1x Civilians. My son went out of the room while I took the three glyphs and placed them symbol side up wherever I wanted. We also had Wind, Initiative, Lucky 20 and Superspeed glyphs in play, power side up.

My son played the good guys: Cap, Spidey, Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic (Greyowl), Ghost Rider (Greyowl) and 2x Hydra.

First my son sent out the expendable Hydra grunts to find the Loot. They found the bomb first, but it got disabled after a couple of turns. The map has lots of places for Prof X to hide behind bushes and other cover which was good for me, bad for my son. He didn't really try to touch the Prof, so I was getting two turns per OM. He also made the mistake of frightening my civilians over to the Superspeed and Initiative glyphs, and then leaving them be.

Anyway, I killed all of his figures except for Spiderman while only losing Mystique, Bob and some Civilians. Spiderman killed Jean Grey, who was helping to keep his Swing Line in check. Once she was gone, Spiderman swung across the map with ease, grabbed the loot, and swung back across the map with my figures powerless to stop him. A couple of times I was able to get him engaged and then tounge lash him away with Toad, but missed the disengage rolls.

Anyway, thanks for the fun map! I thought the tower/carousel thingies were a neat idea.
Old January 30th, 2011, 06:49 PM

Glad you liked it Porkins. It is a bit of a pain to build, but hopefully the end result is worth it. I love hearing the family stories too. The fact that I play Heroscape with my kids is probably the only reason why my wife hasn't thrown me and my scape addicted butt out in the cold.
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:33 AM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

I have played this map at my weekly game night in early Dec. I does take a long time to build, but it is worth the effort. I played a 3 player 1600pt army game with the myself playing the Anti-Montior. I started in the middle while CharosInCharge and IHeroscapedYourMom took the regular starting zones. It was a blast. I recommend placing the Anti-Monitor on top of the Carnival rides. It looks very cool. The outsides of the map saw lots of action while the more calculated fighting went on in the middle.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerHusband View Post
I have played this map at my weekly game night in early Dec. I does take a long time to build, but it is worth the effort. I played a 3 player 1600pt army game with the myself playing the Anti-Montior. I started in the middle while CharosInCharge and IHeroscapedYourMom took the regular starting zones. It was a blast. I recommend placing the Anti-Monitor on top of the Carnival rides. It looks very cool. The outsides of the map saw lots of action while the more calculated fighting went on in the middle.
  1. Sheer awesomeness
  2. IHeroscapedYourMom is the coolest screen name ever
  3. Anti-Monitor was on the carnival rides and they didn't fall? Wow!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios