Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old February 26th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: X-Wing

According to FFG's latest article wave 8 releases next Thur.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old February 26th, 2016, 01:43 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
What is everyone most excited for out of the new wave?

My trade thread, now with Classic, C3V and SoV units!
All units come with cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51709
Old February 26th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
Quote:
Electronic Baffle for my shuttles.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old February 26th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Punishing One looks really epic, a nice ship to finally round out my scum faction. The Stealth Drive on the Mist Hunter looks awesome as well
Old February 26th, 2016, 10:08 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Punishing One looks really epic, a nice ship to finally round out my scum faction. The Stealth Drive Cloaking Device on the Mist Hunter looks awesome as well
Scum has a lot of awesome new tricks coming out. I want to try Cloaking Device on StarVipers: they'll have 5 Agility while cloaked!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 26th, 2016, 11:19 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Just saw it won't be released till March 17th

My trade thread, now with Classic, C3V and SoV units!
All units come with cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51709
Old February 27th, 2016, 12:31 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Don't forget Thread Tracers and Guidance Chips!

Also, Tractor Beam.

But really, Punishing One, followed by the Chips and Tracers, are what I'm excited for this wave.
Old February 27th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Ghost and the Phantom.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the upgrades and stuff for the competitive side of things, and I cannot wait to get them, but I love me some Star Wars Rebels.

I think with Dengar (and 4-LOM and Zuckuss, for that matter) being released in this wave, all the nostalgic ships (or characters) are represented from the OT, and if they never released another wave, I'd feel happy - and complete.

Blasphemy, I know. But after wave 8 drops, I will truly have all that I want from this game.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; February 27th, 2016 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Everything else after this will just be icing.
Old February 27th, 2016, 07:10 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

My brother surprised me today by confessing that he's not really interested in playing as the rebels. That's fine with me, since it means I get to play them more often.

I realized that the poster-board I got for transporting Heroscape maps is exactly 3'×3' if I cut off one of the flaps. It's also black. We got to try it out tonight and it looks great. We tried obstacles for the first time and found that they were far less onerous than we had feared. I enjoyed the restraints they placed on maneuvers.

We popped open the Most Wanted pack along with the single Z-95 I picked up and played a 200 point match.

I ran
X-Wing, Wedge, Predator, Target-lock-then-boost-astromech
X-Wing, Luke, R2-D2, Wired
T-70 X-Wing, Poe, Push the Limits, BB-8
A-Wing, Tycho Celchu, Stay on Target
Headhunter, Airen Cracken, Wingman
B-Wing, 2-skill pilot, ion cannon
X-Wing, Rookie Pilot, R2 Astromech

Against his

Firespray, Esomething, proximity mine, bomb
Talonbane
A 7-skill y-wing and 7-skill headhunter
7-skill HWK
A 3-skill headhunter
A 2-skill y-wing

I was trying no-projectiles for the first time in a while but he had some equipped on most of his ships.

The asteroids sliced his side into four different passageways, while my side had a few clumped in a corner. We ended up with my low-skill B- and X-wing jousting his Firespray on my right side. Everything went really well for me there at first: I got an ion token on the Firespray right when I could position my X-wing to come alongside and blast it at point blank range from his blind spots. Then the X-Wing k-turned to pursue the firespray while the B-wing veered away from the asteroids towards his headhunters. An early hit from the firespray + hot shooting from the Zs made short work of the B-wing.

Meanwhile on the center and left side I had Cracken and Tycho keeping close company on the left flank while my X-Wing all-stars slowly crept up the middle... except Poe, who got carried away with his fancy tricks and found himself far ahead the rest of my ships.

Coming to meet them were his Y-wings, Talonbane, and the HWK. I decided to focus on Talonbane since he was the only pilot capable of shooting before my aces (my brother had initiative). Everything went according to plan in that regard, but I focused on him *too* much. Cracken and Tycho should have k-turned behind the Y-wings and given them something to worry about, but instead I ended up with two ships that couldn't shoot at anything because I had angled them towards the faster-moving Talonbane to the exclusion of the other ships.

His headhunters swung over and pincered me. I lost Tycho, Luke, and Poe in rapid succession. He probably should have had me then, but he managed to accidentally bank a couple of ships the wrong way. Cracken and Wedge flew by, turned around, and worked with the rookie to pincer his ships in turn.

By then he had the two y-wings in pretty good shape and the firespray with no shields but making its way back to the fight after having banked the wrong way going around the asteroids in my corner. I had no shields but one on Cracken, but also no hull damage yet. Wedge + Predator gave the firespray a beating, Cracken finished it off, and then Wedge and the Rookie finished off one of the Y-wings to draw a surrender.

Great game, lots of back and forth.

I liked playing with 200 points. I didn't like the hour-abs-a-half it took for my brother to read all the new cards and decide what he was going to fly.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 29th, 2016, 12:37 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
<~snip/snip~>
... He probably should have had me then, but he managed to accidentally bank a couple of ships the wrong way
~~lol~~ I hate when I do that and blow a victory because of careless mistake
Quote:
Great game, lots of back and forth.
That's what I really like about this game - the dice can be Hot or Cold and simple mistake (i.e. bad maneuver or asteroid collision) can turn things around very quickly.
Quote:
I liked playing with 200 points. I didn't like the hour-abs-a-half it took for my brother to read all the new cards and decide what he was going to fly.
I also enjoy large point games, but I'm just surprised that you kept them all within a 3' x 3' standard space without it becoming too congested.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; March 3rd, 2016 at 01:33 AM. Reason: corrected typo
Old February 29th, 2016, 11:07 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The 3'×3' space worked out well. Probably because we only had one Large ship and no Huge ones.

--
--
--

--
Old March 2nd, 2016, 03:43 AM

Threw together two quick lists tonight for a game with co-workers. Ended up being 2v3 but the mechanics of the game make that work really well.

Mandalorian Mercenary - Lone Wolf
6-skill Kirhaxz fighter - one-shot card for attacking outside your firing arc
7-skill headhunter - squad leader
5-skill headhunter - wired

Vs.

T-70 Red Sq. Novice - BB-8
X-Wing Red Sq. Pilot - R5-irrelevant
A-Wing Prototype Pilot
Y-Wing 4-skill - R2 astromech
Headhunter 2-skill

I ran the X-Wings, my teammate ran the other 3 ships, while the opposing team split the ships up individually, with the headhunters in a pair. I lost my X-Wing really really fast when he charged into the middle and everyone converged on him. My teammate had a little trouble at first and ended up with his ships flying laterally before they eventually got pointed in the right direction.

We didn't have great dice mostly, and didn't have many means of compensating for that. We managed to take out the headhunters, and once all our other ships were gone the T-70 was able to get the Kirhaxz mostly dead, but the Firespray had barely taken a hit and 2 > 1; the pirates carried the day.

My first time teaching a bunch of people at once. It went well, even with obstacles.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures