Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old May 26th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
Ok guys. I agree with dok on the draft.

1. It seems that the majority is saying Assassin's Creed and Kill 'em All. Half of the maps will be Assassin's Creed, the other half will be Kill 'em All. I prefer that both formats have the same size armies. For the Gen Con events, both of these formats are 450. Do we want to try following them?

2. We'll have a draft pool (drafting for individual games). My preference is around 800-950. But I think we can discuss the size of the pool a bit.

3. Do we want to do a shared draft pool (between the two players of each game) or just draft out of our own pool?

4. Maps: So far we have Sirocco, Arachne, Meander and Erosion. We are probably going to need 3 or possibly 4 more. Any more thoughts?

5. When do we start? I think we'd make the best of our time if we arrive for set up around 10. How's that sound to everyone?
1. I'd like to do at least 500...

2. Maybe bring a pool of anywhere from 800-1000?

3. Definitely shared draft. Otherwise, it's not that much of a draft...

4. How many BftUs do we have? I could bring mine if we could play on Bad Moon Rising...

5. Sounds fine to me.

Old May 26th, 2012, 11:59 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Yes, I forgot to include Bad Moon Rising.

I also have two BFtUs. Between Bad Moon and Sirocco, I think we'll be ok.

Any thoughts on Can't See the Jungle?

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old May 27th, 2012, 12:03 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

1. It seems that the majority is saying Assassin's Creed and Kill 'em All. Half of the maps will be Assassin's Creed, the other half will be Kill 'em All. I prefer that both formats have the same size armies. For the Gen Con events, both of these formats are 450. Do we want to try following them?

2. We'll have a draft pool (drafting for individual games). My preference is around 800-950. But I think we can discuss the size of the pool a bit.

3. Do we want to do a shared draft pool (between the two players of each game) or just draft out of our own pool?

4. Maps: So far we have Sirocco, Arachne, Meander and Erosion. We are probably going to need 3 or possibly 4 more. Any more thoughts?

5. When do we start? I think we'd make the best of our time if we arrive for set up around 10. How's that sound to everyone?
Oh... one last thing... how do we feel about Marvel or C3V?

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old May 27th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

Oh... one last thing... how do we feel about Marvel or C3V/SoV?
Fixed. Those 2 are so intertwined, it's an insult to have one without the other.

Anyway, I'm okay with both, but I'd actually prefer to avoid Marvel, especially since it looks like points will be lower. C3V/SoV is fine by me.
Old May 27th, 2012, 03:59 AM

Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker

Hi gang. I should be able to make it to this one. If the goal is to practice for Gencon then I'd suggest not sharing pools for drafts and possibly avoiding them all together. I think their version of Assassins Creed is 450 points and 16 space limit for army size. And of course the required three heroes must be in each army. Also they allow Marvel.
However, I sadly won't be going to Gencon so sticking to their format isn't important to me. My only preference is to avoid drafting since that means less time will be spent on playing.
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:39 AM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Oh... one last thing... how do we feel about Marvel or C3V?
Nay Marvel, yea C3V/SoV.

Rosencrantz, if the goal were GenCon practice, we wouldn't be drafting. I think we're just playing casually(ish) and happen to like Assassin's Creed as a format.

Doesn't machinekng live in the Springs? Does he know about this?

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; May 27th, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old May 27th, 2012, 12:13 PM

Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post

Rosencrantz, if the goal were GenCon practice, we wouldn't be drafting. I think we're just playing casually(ish) and happen to like Assassin's Creed as a format.
To quote Abed from Community, "Cool. Cool cool cool."
Assassins Creed definitely takes on an interesting twist when you get to see what generals your opponent is picking. I've played the format once and the most difficult part was trying to second guess what other people's armies were going to be. There is a very evil tactic that comes to mind if drafting is used for that scenario. I'll have to put more thought into it to see if I want to try it.

If SoV/C3 are allowed would proxy figures be allowed? One week might be a little short to get ahold of them. Then again some of the game stores suprise me with the selection of figures they have.
Old May 27th, 2012, 03:48 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Just so ya'll know. I'll be willing to build and bring any two of the chosen maps that does not include a ticalla jungle set. I still don't own one.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old May 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

Alright, checking in with some good news. Unless we have any last minute problems, were good for 4 of us coming up.

As for format and such:

We'd prefer a minimum of 505 points (This has nothing at all to do with 5 extra points in my initial army ideas, of course).

For the draft pool, anywhere from 800-1200 sounds good. Stay smaller if we draft with a combined pool and larger if we draft solo (which is my pick, but I can be possessive like that -- nobody steals my Isamu).

10 sounds like a good time for set-up. There's some potential we might be a bit later (10-15 min. max), but we'll be there.

Marvel sounds fun. Yes, some are big and expensive, but there are the smaller ones too (Spiderman and Venom both sound fun). I'm going to vote against C3V and SoV, only because we don't have them, nor are we familiar with them. It's no big deal, though. If proxies are alright, both situations are easily corrected.

I think that about covers it. If I have time, I'll look for some map options, but don't count on it this week. I'll check in towards the end of the week for maps we can bring. We can probably cover 2-3 if nobody else can.

BoneSnap's Customs
Helm's Deep
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:03 PM

That's great! Glad you guys are coming!

Old May 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

So kpucblek, any final confirmation on what format, what point total? Need to start getting an army together here.
Old May 29th, 2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
So kpucblek, any final confirmation on what format, what point total? Need to start getting an army together here.
Yeah, and if we could have start time confirmation/end time approximation, that'd be great.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events